Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Ticketing System Launched

Comments

• Hex said:

Hex said:

I'm trying to buy a ST for my grandson and get this message " Sorry, *****, ***** cannot own any more subscriptions to 2018/19 League Season .
    Sales to this Series are limited to 1 subscriptions per owner. "

Has anyone else got this message which prevents the purchase AND there's a £1 postage fee !

Ring the club.
    Have done so.

Apparently I can set him as the "beneficiary" and proceed from there. But there is no beneficiary option !

Alternatively I have to set him up with his own account and then manage it from there. This requires me to log out - but there is no option to do so. I don't even get the "name/number" displayed that @clive mentions.

As for chosing his seat in the "Hall" ........
    Try logging in again & starting from scratch.Log in via the sign-in /register option top left of screen,when logged in,hover over name/number a list of options appear,top option is called personal & if your grandson previously had a ticket his details may be there.
  • Hex said:

Hex said:

I'm trying to buy a ST for my grandson and get this message " Sorry, *****, ***** cannot own any more subscriptions to 2018/19 League Season .

Has anyone else got this message which prevents the purchase AND there's a £1 postage fee !

Ring the club.
    Have done so.

Apparently I can set him as the "beneficiary" and proceed from there. But there is no beneficiary option !

Alternatively I have to set him up with his own account and then manage it from there. This requires me to log out - but there is no option to do so. I don't even get the "name/number" displayed that @clive mentions.

I've had varying results with different web browsers. Firefox doesn't seem to work very well but (I'm sorry to say) Microsoft Edge appears to work the best.
  • Hex said:

Hex said:

Ring the club.
    Have done so.

I've had varying results with different web browsers. Firefox doesn't seem to work very well but (I'm sorry to say) Microsoft Edge appears to work the best.
    Yep, having deleted the CAFC cookies I started again in Edge. I set up the account for my grandson (aged 8) and made a note of his FanID which was dispayed alongside his name, although not identified as such. That was a bit of luck as I needed to use it later in the process when I (he) had to login again.

I have to say that it may be better than the previous system but it is still not brilliant and some basic customisations have not been done eg my salutation was 'Dear *surname*, *firstname,'.
  • edited July 2018
    Hex said:

Yes, I got this too. Finally just bought Golfie Jnr's ST (U18's so only £105) but then (foolishly) decided to buy one for me instead of faffing around buying a ticket each week. Somehow I managed to put my details in for both ST's and couldn't delete it. I went back time & time again but all it asked was for me to put in another person (family or friend) but wouldn't let me delete the person I had originally put in.

In the end decided to just cancel my ST & buy the little lad his one & do what I've been doing for the past 2 seasons & buying the cheapest seat going (child maybe ???) on a week to week basis.

I then went to purchase 2 Accrington tickets & although it had come up with my name & my points there was nowhere to click onto to buy tickets - only Sunderland & MK Dons - & said to log even though I was.

New ticketing system..........pah !! waste of fecking money.
  • Hex said:

Yes, I got this too. Finally just bought Golfie Jnr's ST (U18's so only £105) but then (foolishly) decided to buy one for me instead of faffing around buying a ticket each week. Somehow I managed to put my details in for both ST's and couldn't delete it. I went back time & time again but all it asked was for me to put in another person (family or friend) but wouldn't let me delete the person I had originally put in.

In the end decided to just cancel my ST & buy the little lad his one & do what I've been doing for the past 2 seasons & buying the cheapest seat going (child maybe ???) on a week to week basis.

I then went to purchase 2 Accrington tickets & although it had come up with my name & my points there was nowhere to click onto to buy tickets - only Sunderland & MK Dons - & said to log even though I was.

Accrington only on sale to VG, are you VG ?
  • edited July 2018

Hex said:

I don't think he's that good mate he's off about an 18 handicap IIRC. :wink:
  • edited July 2018
    Has anyone made this connection?

Ban on charging for electronic payments - Jan 2018

Introduction of charge for purchases online (all electronic payments) - CAFC June 2018

(amid already reduced opening for ticket office)

Who do we call to report this?
  • If not purchased till the Wednesday prior to the Shrewsbury game can Season Tickets be picked up from the Valley (if ordered online)
  • clive said:

Dansk_Red said:

I logged on to the ticking site to buy Brighton tickets all went fine, does anybody know how I Log Out, I seem to be permanently signed in and I cannot see a Log Out Button.

To find the log out option, move cursor over your name/number top left of screen,you will see a list,log out is the bottom option.
    Thanks this works on my tablet, but not on my laptop, on the lap top all I can see in the top left hand corner is a button with showing 00, but nothing happens when I click on it. The number next to my name on the tablet is not my client number shown on my last seasons ST. Looks like i will have to ring to get it sorted.
  • These links may help people with the new ticketing system.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b3396d908b09/user-guide-for-the-new-ticketing-website

A Link to the new ticketing site.
    https://booking.cafc.co.uk/
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else not received Sunderland tickets through the post?

Mine came a few days ago
  • RedChaser said:

Hex said:

I don't think he's that good mate he's off about an 18 handicap IIRC. :wink:
    And you're a budding Tiger Woods I suppose.
  • clive said:

These links may help people with the new ticketing system.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b3396d908b09/user-guide-for-the-new-ticketing-website

A Link to the new ticketing site.
    https://booking.cafc.co.uk/

The ticket office are taking people on mate, you're playing a blinder and would be much appreciated there.
  • I bought two Accrington tickets this morning (Valley Gold) and it forces me to register them both under my name rather than one under my name and one under the wife's, so how does she get loyalty points for attending games if that's the case?
  • I bought two Accrington tickets this morning (Valley Gold) and it forces me to register them both under my name rather than one under my name and one under the wife's, so how does she get loyalty points for attending games if that's the case?

It didn't force me.
    I just changed the allocation of one of the tickets from myself to my "football friend".
    I had to put in their surname, post code & client number. Easy.
  • All seems very unnecessarily difficult buying a ticket.

It didn't force me.
    I just changed the allocation of one of the tickets from myself to my "football friend".
    how do they get a client number if they are not registered ?? Am I missing something ?? Say you just want to buy 2 tickets.....1 for you & 1 fir a friend....is that ok ??

It didn't force me.
    how do they get a client number if they are not registered ?? Am I missing something ?? Say you just want to buy 2 tickets.....1 for you & 1 fir a friend....is that ok ??
    I thought every Charlton supporter with a S/T or red card or whatever you call it has a con number/client number or whatever it's called.

I bought 2 tickets and took about 2 mins. Easy peasy.
    You could just have them "in your name".
    Alternatively, you can allocate the 2nd ticket to someone else (if you're bothered about the points being allocated to them presumably. I don't see why else you would bother).
    £1.50 for the online transaction and posted out for free. Seems more than fair to me.
  • I bought two tickets for Accrington yesterday over the phone. As my son is a student they asked me to email proof that he is a student as they could no longer issue student rate tickets without proof..
  • redbuttle said:

I bought two tickets for Accrington yesterday over the phone. As my son is a student they asked me to email proof that he is a student as they could no longer issue student rate tickets without proof..

That's interesting, as recently for a year I genuinely was a student so used to buy student tickets, and never once had to prove my identity
  • Sponsored links:

• Just trying to buy Accrington tickets.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but if i'm buying online for myself and two others, is it possible for me to add their membership numbers, so that they also get the loyalty points?

Thanks.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but if i'm buying online for myself and two others, is it possible for me to add their membership numbers, so that they also get the loyalty points?

Thanks.

Yes,it is.

Thanks.

It is - but wouldn't let me do it or even give me the option to do it when I bought them on Valley Gold pre-sale or when I added another on general sale. Doesn't seem to let you do it retrospectively either so I'll be phoning them.

Thanks.

I did without any problem.
  • edited August 2018
    Apologies as I have done some digging and worked it out. Just waiting on my mates post code, so I can add him as a 'friend' and will then give it a go.

Cheers.

EDIT - Was very easy to be fair. 3 tickets bought and loyalty points assigned.
  • Anyone experiencing problems buying tickets today? I can't seem to log into my old account with all correct info (from previous system) so went to start a new one but say's an account already exists! Also when I put last name and postcode to add friends it keeps saying I need to have last name or postcode which I've already input!!

Any help appreciated thanks
  • Red_James said:

Anyone experiencing problems buying tickets today? I can't seem to log into my old account with all correct info (from previous system) so went to start a new one but say's an account already exists! Also when I put last name and postcode to add friends it keeps saying I need to have last name or postcode which I've already input!!

Re friends I had that issue, but it accepted the fan number/client ref number/whatever it's called.
  • Red_James said:

Anyone experiencing problems buying tickets today? I can't seem to log into my old account with all correct info (from previous system) so went to start a new one but say's an account already exists! Also when I put last name and postcode to add friends it keeps saying I need to have last name or postcode which I've already input!!

Re friends I had that issue, but it accepted the fan number/client ref number/whatever it's called.
    Ok, what is your fan ID number is that the number on your red card or something different?
  • Red_James said:

Red_James said:

Ok, what is your fan ID number is that the number on your red card or something different?
    I'd say yes, the number on your red card.
  • Red_James said:

Red_James said:

I'd say yes, the number on your red card.
    Ok thanks for your help @Covered End