Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Ticketing System Launched

Comments

• Options

DRAddick said:

“Well done the club” on buying a ticketing system that it had to abandon after three years because, as it was warned at the time, it wasn’t fit for purpose - and then charging the fans extra to replace it? Amazing.

We all know that system was extremely poor, there is no further debate to be had.
    The debate is now about it's replacement.
    It wasn’t an act of god, though, was it? They consulted other clubs who used it and were told don’t touch it with a barge pole. Meire decided to go ahead anyway. You don’t replace your ticketing system after three years.

As usual, RD believes other people should pay for his mistakes, hence the situation now. It’s a bit like buying a sofa at Brighthouse - the issue isn’t the sofa itself but the fact you’re paying for it many times over to get it now.
    I repeat, we all know that the system purchased previously, wasn't fit for purpose and that they were advised not to do so.
    So the fans should pay to replace it?
    If the fans don't wish to pay a £1.50 online fee, they can buy in person in advance or buy over the phone for £2.50.
    Yes, I know that means the fans are paying for the telephone system :smile:

Anyway, do you want the debt to increase at a greater rate or not ?
    I'm constantly reading your comments on the ever increasing debt and yet you do all you can to want it to increase.
    You really can't have it both ways, even though you clearly do.
    The club is trying to drive more and more revenue from a smaller and smaller number of people in return for a notably inferior product. That only ends one way.

To follow the logic of your argument, fans should volunteer more and more money to offset the sums wasted by the idiot in charge.
    No, I never said that, you've avoided what I said. You should be a politician :smile:

I said you can't complain about the club wishing to cover costs and the club wishing to contain costs and at the same time constantly criticise the growing debt, which is what you do.

I want RD out as of yesterday, he should never have got involved in football.
    He has wrecked our club. I do not and will never support him.

But I do believe in looking at matters from a mid point and not a starting point of criticising nearly everything Charlton.

Anyway, as you're boycotting, tickets prices may not be effecting you for the forseeable future :smile: .
    How about RD sucks up the cost for his stupid decisions instead of adding it to the necessary debt or expecting fans to subsidise it?
    That's not how companies operate. The costs are borne by the company, adding to the debt.
    But he hasn't run us how other companies operate so rational business operations don't come into it.
  • Options
    Just to confirm that the £1.50 fee is for the transaction.

I have just bought a ticket for each of the friendlies. Only one fee paid.

This would indicate that you could buy tickets for a selection of games (provided they are released) and only pay one fee.

There is no charge for printing at home.

A word of warning - the both tickets for £15 is only on-line. £20 at the ground.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

This would indicate that you could buy tickets for a selection of games (provided they are released) and only pay one fee.

A word of warning - the both tickets for £15 is only on-line. £20 at the ground.

They don't like to make things easy this lot.
  • Options
    Has there been any confirmation from the club about how the Valley Gold priority will work this season with the new system and points scheme?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

So what excatly is the £1.50 fee for ?? For using an online system that the club themselves introduced ??? If so then I will kindly decline their offer of paying to use my own printer ink & buy one direct from them, thus making them use their ink.

twunks.
  • Options
    In terms of your worries around queuing on matchdays, there will still be the £3 price rise per ticket two hours before kick-off to encourage earlier purchase.
    I imagine it will encourage people to just do something else.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Scoham said:
    Dear Mr Ruberneck.

Thanks for your reply. In all but 1 of your examples the other clubs "admin fee" is lower, and the one that is higher the club is in a higher division & so not directly comparable. You can talk all you like about multiple transactions but if a "customer" wishes to buy a single ticket for a single match then, imo, the cost far outweighs the benefit. If you are buying a child ticket for £10 then a £1.50 fee is a 15% surchage, which is daylight robbery.

I would take this up with the CEO or the CFO but you've seem to have mislaid them.....and the owner is nowhere to be seen either.
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Dear Mr Ruberneck.

Thanks for your reply. In all but 1 of your examples the other clubs "admin fee" is lower, and the one that is higher the club is in a higher division & so not directly comparable. You can talk all you like about multiple transactions but if a "customer" wishes to buy a single ticket for a single match then, imo, the cost far outweighs the benefit. If you are buying a child ticket for £10 then a £1.50 fee is a 15% surchage, which is daylight robbery.

I would take this up with the CEO or the CFO but you've seem to have mislaid them.....and the owner is nowhere to be seen either.
    :smiley:
  • Options

Scoham said:
    Dear Mr Ruberneck.

Like & Lol...;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:
    Dear Mr Ruberneck.

Like & Lol...;)
  • Options
    in his response he also acknowledges that there will be a spike in attendances once the ownership changes
  • Options
    I can’t be arsed to buy tickets anymore
  • Options
    By the way you can allegedly scan to gain entry from a phone so no need to print
  • Options
    razil said:

By the way you can allegedly scan to gain entry from a phone so no need to print

Not much good if I buy via my laptop...........or are you suggesting that I take my laptop in with me ?
  • Options

razil said:

Not much good if I buy via my laptop...........or are you suggesting that I take my laptop in with me ?
    No you have to pay extra to take that in
  • Options

razil said:

Don't you get an email with the code? Just bring that up?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

You can actually take a picture of your season ticket barcode on your phone and that will work on the scanner too. Handy tip for those of us that a) were mad enough to buy a season ticket, and b) are liable to forget said season ticket!

If they ever get round to sending the season tickets out...

Incidentally I bought a ticket for the Edgbaston Test next week, print at home, and was still charged a £1.40 booking charge, so it seems to be quite common
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Has there been any confirmation from the club about how the Valley Gold priority will work this season with the new system and points scheme?

Today when i purchased tickets for the Accrington away game,it was still 2 tickets per Valley Gold member & the previous method of order of sales seem to be the same.
    Thursday, July 26th (phase one): 230 loyalty points plus Valley Gold membership
    Monday, July 30th (phase two): 230 loyalty points or Valley Gold membership
    Wednesday, August 1st (phase three): General sale
  • Options
    se9addick said:

You can actually take a picture of your season ticket barcode on your phone and that will work on the scanner too. Handy tip for those of us that a) were mad enough to buy a season ticket, and b) are liable to forget said season ticket!

Or c) have friends with season tickets who don’t always use them ;)
  • Options
    If I were to buy, and I’m not, I’d select the postage option because it costs the Club more money. Every little bit helps.
  • Options
    Anyone else not received Sunderland tickets through the post?
  • Options
    I'm trying to buy a ST for my grandson and get this message " Sorry, *****, ***** cannot own any more subscriptions to 2018/19 League Season .
    Sales to this Series are limited to 1 subscriptions per owner. "

Has anyone else got this message which prevents the purchase AND there's a £1 postage fee !
  • Options
    I logged on to the ticking site to buy Brighton tickets all went fine, does anybody know how I Log Out, I seem to be permanently signed in and I cannot see a Log Out Button.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Dansk_Red said:

I logged on to the ticking site to buy Brighton tickets all went fine, does anybody know how I Log Out, I seem to be permanently signed in and I cannot see a Log Out Button.

To find the log out option, move cursor over your name/number top left of screen,you will see a list,log out is the bottom option.
  • Options
    Hex said:

I'm trying to buy a ST for my grandson and get this message " Sorry, *****, ***** cannot own any more subscriptions to 2018/19 League Season .

Has anyone else got this message which prevents the purchase AND there's a £1 postage fee !

Ring the club.
  • Options

Hex said:

Ring the club.
    Have done so.

Apparently I can set him as the "beneficiary" and proceed from there. But there is no beneficiary option !

Alternatively I have to set him up with his own account and then manage it from there. This requires me to log out - but there is no option to do so. I don't even get the "name/number" displayed that @clive mentions.

As for chosing his seat in the "Hall" ........
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

You can check out any time you like
    But you can never leave