Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Ticketing System Launched

Comments

• There are things we know we know, things that are known but we don't know what things are known, there are unknown things unknown by everybody, there are things we think we know but turn out to be unknown.
    It is all a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWJRxbdb9wk
  • Dansk_Red said:

The Club must know by now that there are issues with the New Ticketing system, so why not take it down and remove the video but they have done neither, so best not to assume anything.

The Sunderland tickets have not reappeared on the system,so perhaps away tickets maybe become exempt from the additional fee.
  • seth plum said:

Do we assume the 'how to' video put out by the club is wrong?

Sorry Seth, but unless the video has been amended I can see nothing wrong.
    The purchaser buys a £21 ticket and there is a £1.50 fee, total cost £22.50.
    The transaction took less than 1 m 30 s, although the credit card details weren't input, so possibly all sorted in 2 mins.

Personally, whilst I feel that the £1.50 fee is questionable, as in the club wish to encourage online purchases.
    I have to view it in line with the time cost and trouble to go to the ground and collect in person for free.
    Also, the £2.50 telephone charge, plus the cost of the telephone call.
  • "Overall , the new ticketing system is a vast improvement on the old, but yes the fee needs clarifying"

Having purchased tickets online for every home match last season & printed off at home , I have to say that I experienced NO problems whatsoever.

So, how, for me, is this system so much better than last season's ....

...apart from costing me an additional 1.50 on an increased price matchday ticket ?

Sounds more like a faltering, shaky MRS Overall !
  • seth plum said:

The transaction took less than 1 m 30 s, although the credit card details weren't input, so possibly all sorted in 2 mins.

Personally, whilst I feel that the £1.50 fee is questionable, as in the club wish to encourage online purchases.
    I have to view it in line with the time cost and trouble to go to the ground and collect in person for free.
    The video has indeed been amended.
    It has been changed today since 1pm.
  • seth plum said:

But surely both methods that charge the purchaser a fee, discriminate against supporters who live further from The Valley ?

Living in East Sussex, purchasing online ( or even by phone if forced to) is a no brainer but I am being penalised for living where I do.

And I thought the plan was to encourage more fans to attend home games.....
  • "Overall , the new ticketing system is a vast improvement on the old, but yes the fee needs clarifying"

Having purchased tickets online for every home match last season & printed off at home , I have to say that I experienced NO problems whatsoever.

...apart from costing me an additional 1.50 on an increased price matchday ticket ?

But many people encountered all sorts of problems and some even gave up altogether.
    Especially around buying multiple tickets when you needed to know friends date of births etc.
    I think the bigger issues involved the purchase of tickets for friends etc.
  • edited July 2018

seth plum said:

when buying an U18's ticket for £10 its a 10% mark-up..........totally unreasonable imo.

Also there is no time, cost or trouble buying a ticket for the game an hour before kick-off which is what a lot of people do, especially for pre-season friendlies. But then the club adds £2 for this so forcing people to buy on line.

win/win for them methinks

I will not let this rest. Ridiculous situation, especially when the club is losing fans hand over fist. A cynic in me might think that its done on purpose as we are now not buying ST's...........the club is now making me choose, either:

1) To continue paying either a £1.50 booking fee on all my online ticket purchases, which will add approx. £35 per season.

2) to buy a season ticket (to which I am very much apposed to do) as this could be cheaper & easier all round

3) to buy a cheaper seat in a different block but sit in my planned seat or even just buy a junior ticket for me. Do the club really want to force me to do this ???

4) to not go at all. Something which I can not do. I can not deprive Golfie Jnr of his beloved Charlton. Not something I could probably do if it was just me, but its for him.

fecking shitfest of a club. I hate them.
  • Why is there still a post and packing charge when the OS states this has been removed?
  • clive said:

Sunderland tickets are now on sale

Managed to buy one but now the tickets have vanished from the ticketing website.
    sold right out ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

The video has indeed been amended.
    It has been changed today since 1pm.
    It’s now presented by a belly dancer singing about fish....
    ‘up the addicks’

Well Airmanbrown seems convinced the previous system was never fit for purpose. Yet I assume it was simply a choice of one system over another. Can't believe we chose the previous one that no other club used but who knows. Replacing a system in 3 years might not be so bad but we fnu see the costs / business plan for it so who knows.

Either way if the new one is better in the long term then all is well. The print at home fee if true / maintained is frustrating because they choose to give it visibility. I'd just show that zero and modestly increase costs elsewhere.

I don't like or want to pay more but inflation generally inevitably means we will when the club us at a low ebb and can't be brave or bold enough to try and reduce ticket prices to drive up numbers.

• So, if I buy an U18's ticket online at a cost of £10, then there's a 10% fee (£1).

fans forum sort this out instead of cosying up to the twunks !!

I am NOT going to buy online if there is a surcharge. I am also NOT going to pay £2 extra when buying from the club 2 hours before a game.

someone sort this out or there will be major agro at the ticket office next Tuesday evening

shitfest of a club.

I stopped going as all I could is criticise.

You should have done the same 12 months ago.
  • clive said:

Dansk_Red said:

The Club must know by now that there are issues with the New Ticketing system, so why not take it down and remove the video but they have done neither, so best not to assume anything.

The Sunderland tickets have not reappeared on the system,so perhaps away tickets maybe become exempt from the additional fee.
    I reckon you might be the only Charlton fan in the ground at this rate mate.
  • So, if I buy an U18's ticket online at a cost of £10, then there's a 10% fee (£1).

fans forum sort this out instead of cosying up to the twunks !!

I am NOT going to buy online if there is a surcharge. I am also NOT going to pay £2 extra when buying from the club 2 hours before a game.

someone sort this out or there will be major agro at the ticket office next Tuesday evening

shitfest of a club.

I stopped going as all I could is criticise.

You should have done the same 12 months ago.
    Can't not go. Its in the blood......but more importantly its in Golfie Jnr's blood & I couldn't deny him his weekly fix.
  • edited July 2018
    So if I buy a £5 ticket online for my 10 year old in the family stand and print at home I have a 30% mark up extra fee £1.50 on top ....reasonable reasonable
  • So a £15 ticket to watch Charlton V Brighton (of the Premier league) cost £16.50

Still 50p cheaper for an adult to watch Welling (of the conference south) v Charlton in a seat at park view road.

The transaction fee should have just been hidden in the costs and no fuss would be made.
  • So a £15 ticket to watch Charlton V Brighton (of the Premier league) cost £16.50

Still 50p cheaper for an adult to watch Welling (of the conference south) v Charlton in a seat at park view road.

The transaction fee should have just been hidden in the costs and no fuss would be made.

It is £10.00 to watch game v Brighton,£15.00 to watch both Norwich/Brighton games + £1.50 if bought online at the same time.
  • clive said:

So a £15 ticket to watch Charlton V Brighton (of the Premier league) cost £16.50

It is £10.00 to watch game v Brighton,£15.00 to watch both Norwich/Brighton games + £1.50 if bought online at the same time.
    Yeah sorry bud so still cheaper to watch 2 games at the valley against championship and premiership opposition than it was to sit and watch Welling v Charlton.

If transaction fee was hidden then there would be not one reason to moan about the costings.
  • It costs nothing to not watch either game.
    The club sent out mixed messages on Monday, the text said they would charge you £1.50 to print your own ticket at home then the 'how to' video says there is no charge.
    Presumably when that information got to creepy Cojones his choice was to order his underlings to change the video, not the text.
    Maybe the extra income for Cojones (how much does he earn for doing nothing except ordering others around), and his great big f*ck off club car can be negated when Cojones orders in loads of extra security to attack his own clubs fans, including children, when targeted protests resume.
  • Sponsored links:

• So if I buy a £5 ticket online for my 10 year old in the family stand and print at home I have a 30% mark up extra fee £1.50 on top ....reasonable reasonable

... and when it's Kid for a Quid - 150% mark up !
  • Still charging for Posting.

Choose a delivery method

We will deliver all your items together, by the method selected below.
    Collection from The Valley No fee applies to collections Free of charge
    Post Postage & Packaging Fee ‪£‬1.00
    Print@Home Have your tickets as PDF attachments to your Confirmation Email Free of charge
  • edited July 2018
    Having no fee for buying in person but a £1.50 fee for online print at home transactions still makes no sense though

The former involves employing staff, with overhead costs etc, the latter costs the club nothing. With my accountant hat on, I'd want more people to be buying online, not trying to discourage them with a £1.50 fee.
  • And if I wanted to keep myself in a job, I'd want more people to be buying online and earn the company money at the same time. To show how wonderful I am.
  • T_C_E said:

And if I wanted to keep myself in a job, I'd want more people to be buying online and earn the company money at the same time. To show how wonderful I am.

It sounds like you're saying some people at the club see the fans as mere fodder to be exploited for their own advancement.
    I wonder how much more those people want to 'sweat the asset'.
  • seth plum said:

T_C_E said:

And if I wanted to keep myself in a job, I'd want more people to be buying online and earn the company money at the same time. To show how wonderful I am.

It sounds like you're saying some people at the club see the fans as mere fodder to be exploited for their own advancement.
    Not at all, I'm just saying what I would do if I was a 'horrible little b@st@rd who had pi55ed off staff and fans alike, but still fancied my chances with any new bosses. ;)
  • T_C_E said:

seth plum said:

T_C_E said:

Not at all, I'm just saying what I would do if I was a 'horrible little b@st@rd who had pi55ed off staff and fans alike, but still fancied my chances with any new bosses. ;)
    Relaaaaxxxxx and have a cheese sandwich......oh hang on..
  • “Well done the club” on buying a ticketing system that it had to abandon after three years because, as it was warned at the time, it wasn’t fit for purpose - and then charging the fans extra to replace it? Amazing.

We all know that system was extremely poor, there is no further debate to be had.
    The debate is now about it's replacement.
    It wasn’t an act of god, though, was it? They consulted other clubs who used it and were told don’t touch it with a barge pole. Meire decided to go ahead anyway. You don’t replace your ticketing system after three years.

As usual, RD believes other people should pay for his mistakes, hence the situation now. It’s a bit like buying a sofa at Brighthouse - the issue isn’t the sofa itself but the fact you’re paying for it many times over to get it now.
    I repeat, we all know that the system purchased previously, wasn't fit for purpose and that they were advised not to do so.
    So the fans should pay to replace it?
    If the fans don't wish to pay a £1.50 online fee, they can buy in person in advance or buy over the phone for £2.50.
    Yes, I know that means the fans are paying for the telephone system :smile:

Anyway, do you want the debt to increase at a greater rate or not ?
    I'm constantly reading your comments on the ever increasing debt and yet you do all you can to want it to increase.
    You really can't have it both ways, even though you clearly do.
    The club is trying to drive more and more revenue from a smaller and smaller number of people in return for a notably inferior product. That only ends one way.

To follow the logic of your argument, fans should volunteer more and more money to offset the sums wasted by the idiot in charge.
    No, I never said that, you've avoided what I said. You should be a politician :smile:

I said you can't complain about the club wishing to cover costs and the club wishing to contain costs and at the same time constantly criticise the growing debt, which is what you do.

I want RD out as of yesterday, he should never have got involved in football.
    He has wrecked our club. I do not and will never support him.

But I do believe in looking at matters from a mid point and not a starting point of criticising nearly everything Charlton.

Anyway, as you're boycotting, tickets prices may not be effecting you for the forseeable future :smile: .
    How about RD sucks up the cost for his stupid decisions instead of adding it to the necessary debt or expecting fans to subsidise it?
  • DRAddick said:

“Well done the club” on buying a ticketing system that it had to abandon after three years because, as it was warned at the time, it wasn’t fit for purpose - and then charging the fans extra to replace it? Amazing.

We all know that system was extremely poor, there is no further debate to be had.
    It wasn’t an act of god, though, was it? They consulted other clubs who used it and were told don’t touch it with a barge pole. Meire decided to go ahead anyway. You don’t replace your ticketing system after three years.

As usual, RD believes other people should pay for his mistakes, hence the situation now. It’s a bit like buying a sofa at Brighthouse - the issue isn’t the sofa itself but the fact you’re paying for it many times over to get it now.
    I repeat, we all know that the system purchased previously, wasn't fit for purpose and that they were advised not to do so.
    If the fans don't wish to pay a £1.50 online fee, they can buy in person in advance or buy over the phone for £2.50.

I'm constantly reading your comments on the ever increasing debt and yet you do all you can to want it to increase.
    The club is trying to drive more and more revenue from a smaller and smaller number of people in return for a notably inferior product. That only ends one way.

To follow the logic of your argument, fans should volunteer more and more money to offset the sums wasted by the idiot in charge.
    No, I never said that, you've avoided what I said. You should be a politician :smile:

I said you can't complain about the club wishing to cover costs and the club wishing to contain costs and at the same time constantly criticise the growing debt, which is what you do.

But I do believe in looking at matters from a mid point and not a starting point of criticising nearly everything Charlton.

Anyway, as you're boycotting, tickets prices may not be effecting you for the forseeable future :smile: .
    How about RD sucks up the cost for his stupid decisions instead of adding it to the necessary debt or expecting fans to subsidise it?
    That's not how companies operate. The costs are borne by the company, adding to the debt.
  • DRAddick said:

“Well done the club” on buying a ticketing system that it had to abandon after three years because, as it was warned at the time, it wasn’t fit for purpose - and then charging the fans extra to replace it? Amazing.

That's not how companies operate. The costs are borne by the company, adding to the debt.
    I am sure you are right.
    However there is also an aspect where Duchatelet has acquired a company and degraded it as an entity. Like buying a car and scraping and denting it and never getting it serviced, and spent a shedload on furry dice that rot and mould on the dashboard, yet wanting to sell the car for more than you paid for it without acknowledging your bad driving and ownership has to come with a cost.
    I realise that Duchatelet does not realise that the company he bought, which now is stretched so far meetings have to happen in the dark, is something he does not seem to want to sell while taking into account he ought to have done much better.
    Maybe companies also operate with some awareness of the impact of their business decisions.