Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Ticketing System Launched

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

Dansk_Red said:

If you watch the above video, it says print at home is free of charge, seems that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Yes I watched the video too.
    The club have clearly changed their mind since this morning and from now on the print at home option is free of charge.
    This is worthy of great praise, and I thank the club and the communications department for making that change, stopping the £1.50 print at home supplement, and getting it out there on the 'how to' video so quickly.
    It indicates that common sense has prevailed over a petty decision that could hardly be justified.
    Hallelujah, people can print their tickets at home (if they have the facility) and simply pay face value.
    Well done Charlton Athletic.
    Duchatelet apologist
  • Options
    edited July 2018

My password which I've used for years is coming up as invalid.
    I clicked on reset password and received an e mail addressed to my eldest son.
    I'll have to ring the club tomorrow and see if I can get it sorted.
    I'm also wondering if you are buying for more than one person, whether you still need DOB etc.

I've phoned the club and the matter was immediately resolved.
    The e mail addressed to my son was as I suspected, historic from when he was a junior and has now been removed.
    I have logged in using my con/membership number and reset my password.

The below statement made by the club appears to be correct, apart from the fact that there does appear to be a £1 postage fee, if you purchase online and want tickets posted to you.
    As was their clarification that there is no additional fee to print your tickets.

"As part of the new system, there will be a £1.50 transaction fee for online bookings (applicable per transaction rather than per ticket). There will be no transaction fee for purchases made in person, while UK postage is now free for online bookings, which was priced at £1 last season. The booking fee for purchases made by phone remains at £2.50 per transaction."

If you wish to purchase in person you can do so with no fees (not sure if the 2 hour before kick off price rise still remains).

If you wish to purchase by phone at the BT charged rate, you can do so at a £2.50 charge.

If you wish to purchase online and scan your phone at the turnstile you can.
    If you wish to print at home you can and there is no additional charge to the £1.50 online charge.
    If you wish to purchase online and collect, there is only the £1.50 online charge.

If you wish to purchase online and have the ticket posted to you, there is a £1 postage fee.
    This is contrary to the club statement.

There no longer appears to be the need to add date of births, so if you wish to purchase 5 tickets, it is now as simple as all other websites.

If any of the above is wrong, then I apologise, but that's how it looks to me.

Well done Charlton on a vastly superior and efficient ticketing system.

If people have the time it's probably worth your while doing a dummy purchase, so you're all set for the new season.

So 2 queries for me -

1 Is there a postage fee if you purchase online ?

2 Is there still a price hike in ticket prices before KO ?
    From this it looks as if the print at home fee has returned.
    The £1.50 transaction fee.
    Yet the 'how to' video did not have this.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_uv0rt6es

The video shows a £21 adult ticket for the Peterborough home game, when print at home option is chosen there is no fee it stays at £21, not £22.50

So which is it? Does anybody know?

Have they announced the print at home fee, then taken it off as shown on the video, then put it back on again?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    seth plum said:

My password which I've used for years is coming up as invalid.
    I clicked on reset password and received an e mail addressed to my eldest son.
    I'll have to ring the club tomorrow and see if I can get it sorted.
    I'm also wondering if you are buying for more than one person, whether you still need DOB etc.

I've phoned the club and the matter was immediately resolved.
    The e mail addressed to my son was as I suspected, historic from when he was a junior and has now been removed.
    I have logged in using my con/membership number and reset my password.

The below statement made by the club appears to be correct, apart from the fact that there does appear to be a £1 postage fee, if you purchase online and want tickets posted to you.
    As was their clarification that there is no additional fee to print your tickets.

"As part of the new system, there will be a £1.50 transaction fee for online bookings (applicable per transaction rather than per ticket). There will be no transaction fee for purchases made in person, while UK postage is now free for online bookings, which was priced at £1 last season. The booking fee for purchases made by phone remains at £2.50 per transaction."

If you wish to purchase in person you can do so with no fees (not sure if the 2 hour before kick off price rise still remains).

If you wish to purchase by phone at the BT charged rate, you can do so at a £2.50 charge.

If you wish to purchase online and scan your phone at the turnstile you can.
    If you wish to print at home you can and there is no additional charge to the £1.50 online charge.
    If you wish to purchase online and collect, there is only the £1.50 online charge.

If you wish to purchase online and have the ticket posted to you, there is a £1 postage fee.
    This is contrary to the club statement.

There no longer appears to be the need to add date of births, so if you wish to purchase 5 tickets, it is now as simple as all other websites.

If any of the above is wrong, then I apologise, but that's how it looks to me.

Well done Charlton on a vastly superior and efficient ticketing system.

If people have the time it's probably worth your while doing a dummy purchase, so you're all set for the new season.

So 2 queries for me -

1 Is there a postage fee if you purchase online ?

2 Is there still a price hike in ticket prices before KO ?
    From this it looks as if the print at home fee has returned.
    The £1.50 transaction fee.
    Yet the 'how to' video did not have this.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_uv0rt6es

The video shows a £21 adult ticket for the Peterborough home game, when print at home option is chosen there is no fee it stays at £21, not £22.50

So which is it? Does anybody know?

Have they announced the print at home fee, then taken it off as shown on the video, then put it back on again?
    Sorry Seth, no it doesn't.
    There is a £1.50 online fee whatever you then do.
    But if you scan at the turnstile, print at home or collect there is no additional fee.
    The query is if you want them posted the system says there is a further £1 fee, but the club statement said there isn't.
    (Unless I am mistaken).
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    “Well done the club” on buying a ticketing system that it had to abandon after three years because, as it was warned at the time, it wasn’t fit for purpose - and then charging the fans extra to replace it? Amazing.
  • Options
    Have you watched the 'how to' video?
  • Options
    So the only way you can avoid paying a fee for a match day ticket is to buy on the day face to face (Possibly 2 hours before kick off) or anytime during the week (When the office is open)

It is what it is
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

So the only way you can avoid paying a fee for a match day ticket is to buy on the day face to face (Possibly 2 hours before kick off) or anytime during the week (When the office is open)

It is what it is

On the video a £21 ticket when you print at home is £21.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    seth plum said:

shirty5 said:

It is what it is

On the video a £21 ticket when you print at home is £21.
    Ignore the video. Covered end has spoken to the ticket office this morning.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I went the site to purchase a ticket for the Brighton friendly match, there is a transaction fee added (1.50) plus a posting and packaging fee (1.00). I decided to abandon the purchase and have e-mailed to the Club I await their response.
  • Options
    Ignore the video?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

“Well done the club” on buying a ticketing system that it had to abandon after three years because, as it was warned at the time, it wasn’t fit for purpose - and then charging the fans extra to replace it? Amazing.

We all know that system was extremely poor, there is no further debate to be had.
    The debate is now about it's replacement.
  • Options

We all know that system was extremely poor, there is no further debate to be had.
    It wasn’t an act of god, though, was it? They consulted other clubs who used it and were told don’t touch it with a barge pole. Meire decided to go ahead anyway. You don’t replace your ticketing system after three years.

As usual, RD believes other people should pay for his mistakes, hence the situation now. It’s a bit like buying a sofa at Brighthouse - the issue isn’t the sofa itself but the fact you’re paying for it many times over to get it now.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

It is what it is

"What it is" is risibly wrong-headed and nauseatingly emblematic of the twunt at the top.
  • Options

It wasn’t an act of god, though, was it? They consulted other clubs who used it and were told don’t touch it with a barge pole. Meire decided to go ahead anyway. You don’t replace your ticketing system after three years.

As usual, RD believes other people should pay for his mistakes, hence the situation now. It’s a bit like buying a sofa at Brighthouse - the issue isn’t the sofa itself but the fact you’re paying for it many times over to get it now.
    And even that facking thing didn’t last a season on the pitch :wink:
  • Options

I repeat, we all know that the system purchased previously, wasn't fit for purpose and that they were advised not to do so.
  • Options
    castrust said:
    That's a very gently worded enquiry indeed. Much self-control in evidence, either that or much valium* in use.
    *other benzodiazepines are available
  • Options

I repeat, we all know that the system purchased previously, wasn't fit for purpose and that they were advised not to do so.
    So the fans should pay to replace it?
  • Options
    If I want to buy a ticket for Godley & Creme, I’ll go to ticketmaster as it’d be easier than tracking down Mr Godley or Mr Creme so even though it’s annoying, I’ll put up with the fee for the convenience.

If I want to go to Charlton, where I can only buy tickets from Charlton and their tickets cost a lot less than concert tickets (as it’s only a simple football game, sorry match day experience) and they then want to pass on a further tax for their simpleness then I’ll just stop buying them.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018

If the fans don't wish to pay a £1.50 online fee, they can buy in person in advance or buy over the phone for £2.50, plus telephone charges. :smile:
    Yes, I know that means the fans are paying for the telephone system :smile:

Anyway, do you want the debt to increase at a greater rate or not ?
    I'm constantly reading your comments on the ever increasing debt and yet you do all you can to want it to increase.
    You really can't have it both ways, even though you clearly do.
  • Options
    So, if I buy an U18's ticket online at a cost of £10, then there's a 10% fee (£1).

fans forum sort this out instead of cosying up to the twunks !!

I am NOT going to buy online if there is a surcharge. I am also NOT going to pay £2 extra when buying from the club 2 hours before a game.

someone sort this out or there will be major agro at the ticket office next Tuesday evening

shitfest of a club.

• Options

So, if I buy an U18's ticket online at a cost of £10, then there's a 10% fee (£1).

fans forum sort this out instead of cosying up to the twunks !!

I am NOT going to buy online if there is a surcharge. I am also NOT going to pay £2 extra when buying from the club 2 hours before a game.

someone sort this out or there will be major agro at the ticket office next Tuesday evening

shitfest of a club.

£1.50 not £1.
  • Options

If the fans don't wish to pay a £1.50 online fee, they can buy in person in advance or buy over the phone for £2.50.

I'm constantly reading your comments on the ever increasing debt and yet you do all you can to want it to increase.
    Easy way to get rid of the debt. issue tickets for £1,000 per match.

job done.

twonk.
  • Options

If the fans don't wish to pay a £1.50 online fee, they can buy in person in advance or buy over the phone for £2.50.

The club is trying to drive more and more revenue from a smaller and smaller number of people in return for a notably inferior product. That only ends one way.

To follow the logic of your argument, fans should volunteer more and more money to offset the sums wasted by the idiot in charge.
  • Options

The club is trying to drive more and more revenue from a smaller and smaller number of people in return for a notably inferior product. That only ends one way.

To follow the logic of your argument, fans should volunteer more and more money to offset the sums wasted by the idiot in charge.
    No, I never said that, you've avoided what I said. You should be a politician :smile:

I said you can't complain about the club wishing to cover costs and the club wishing to contain costs and at the same time constantly criticise the growing debt, which is what you do.

I want RD out as of yesterday, he should never have got involved in football.
    He has wrecked our club. I do not and will never support him.

But I do believe in looking at matters from a mid point and not a starting point of criticising nearly everything Charlton.

Anyway, as you're boycotting, tickets prices may not be effecting you for the forseeable future :smile: .
  • Options
    edited July 2018

No, I never said that, you've avoided what I said. You should be a politician :smile:

I said you can't complain about the club wishing to cover costs and the club wishing to contain costs and at the same time constantly criticise the growing debt, which is what you do.

I want RD out as of yesterday, he should never have got involved in football.
    He has wrecked our club. I do not and will never support him.

But I do believe in looking at matters from a mid point and not a starting point of criticising nearly everything Charlton.

Anyway, as you're boycotting, tickets prices may not be effecting you for the forseeable future :smile: .
    The problem is that the midpoint is not necessarily the right one. It’s just the one that avoids having to take a definitive position. In this case, however, your stated view is “well done Charlton”. Not a midpoint at all, but cheerleading masquerading as objectivity.

These costs, like the millions wasted on inadequate players, are simply the consequence of bad management. They should never have been incurred. That is why the operating loss and debt has ballooned.

Fans understand perfectly well that the club loses money in any event and needs to contain costs, but that is not what is happening here. Unnecessary additional costs have been incurred and are being passed on to fans.

In addition the charge is not logical because it incentivises fans to add to the workload of staff, and as such completely contradicts the direction of policy - which has been to encourage people to book online and print a home to save staff cost.

• Options
    Do we assume the 'how to' video put out by the club is wrong?
  • Options
    The Club must know by now that there are issues with the New Ticketing system, so why not take it down and remove the video but they have done neither, so best not to assume anything.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    A midpoint/considered view of each issue is the right one for me, if not for you.

I will never criticise virtually every single action of someone, because I dislike or generally disagree with that person/party.

I can disagree with most of what a person says, but if I agree with some of what they say, I will say so.

I have a definitive position that I want RD gone and have protested long and hard both here and abroad.

But I do have the reasonableness to be able to look at individual actions and decide whether they are good or bad decisions.

If you consider me saying well done for replacing a system not fit for purpose, for one that is fit for purpose is cheerleading, then imo that's down to you not having a balanced viewpoint.

We all know that the management has been bad and millions wasted on inadequate players and that is why the debt has ballooned.

However, this is a discussion on the new ticketing system.

I agree that the addition online charge is not logical because it incentivises fans to add to the workload of staff, and as such completely contradicts the direction of policy - which has been to encourage people to book online and print at home to save staff costs.

Overall, the new ticketing system is a vast improvement on the old, but yes the fee needs clarifying.