Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Ticketing System Launched

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Encouraging the purchase of online tickets is surely the way forward. By not charging to pickup tickets is good becuase most ticketing companies charge for this aswell.
    Staff overheads could be saved even further by limiting pickup of tickets and postage isnt cheap these days, so why remove this cost, bloody idiots.
  • Options

Say what you like it’s standard practice. Not saying it’s right. But completely inappropriate to say it’s the clubs fault or another effort by RD to destroy the fans.

Not going to try and defend it but let’s all get real here it’s a standard fee and is applied by ticket agencies and sporting clubs throughout the world.

Appreciate people here are trying all they can to twist the knife in further with RD and lets face it every reason too, but having a go on things like this just shows the pettiness of some and the willingness to not look objectively at things.

Give it a rest and let’s focus on some positives and do our best to get behind the club.

Tell you what do you think the new owners will remove it. Damn right they won’t. It’s well established here and some of the fees charged and far bigger than what’s charged here.

Sad thing is Charlton used to do things their way and not what everyone else did. We've been used to a club that put it's fans/customers first, at least until shitface and his niece turned up. But you're probably right, new owners won't do anything different and those days are long gone. Maybe the reality of that is what frustrates people.
  • Options

Its basically a sneaky hike in the match day ticket - i'm guessing most fans book over the phone, online or an hour or so before kick-off - by hiding the extra cost in a booking fee they can pretend that the ticket price is lower - might be common practice in the entertainment industry but doesn't make it right plus over the last couple of seasons there's been very little entertainment on the pitch :smile:

The other thing that strikes me as daft about this is that it is home fans only that pay these costs. Away fans will be presumably subject to the rules of their own club. Wouldn't it be more sensible to put the prices up by £1.50 even.
  • Options
    redman said:

Its basically a sneaky hike in the match day ticket - i'm guessing most fans book over the phone, online or an hour or so before kick-off - by hiding the extra cost in a booking fee they can pretend that the ticket price is lower - might be common practice in the entertainment industry but doesn't make it right plus over the last couple of seasons there's been very little entertainment on the pitch :smile:

The other thing that strikes me as daft about this is that it is home fans only that pay these costs. Away fans will be presumably subject to the rules of their own club. Wouldn't it be more sensible to put the prices up by £1.50 even.
    Surely that's goes against EFL rules. Away fans can't be charged more than home fans for the equivalent ticket, so ergo, home fans shouldn't be charged more than away fans. Otherwise lets all buy tickets in the Jimmy Seed stand - will be plenty when playing the majority of teams - only the like of Pompey, Gills and maybe Sunderland will sell more than 2k & most teams don't bring more than 1k.

One way to get back at the numpties that now run this once proud club. Lets fuck 'em up.
  • Options
    A guide to how to purchase a ticket on the new ticketing system.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_uv0rt6es
  • Options
    If you watch the above video, it says print at home is free of charge, seems that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

If you watch the above video, it says print at home is free of charge, seems that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Not for the first time, eh?
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Yes I watched the video too.
    The club have clearly changed their mind since this morning and from now on the print at home option is free of charge.
    This is worthy of great praise, and I thank the club and the communications department for making that change, stopping the £1.50 print at home supplement, and getting it out there on the 'how to' video so quickly.
    It indicates that common sense has prevailed over a petty decision that could hardly be justified.
    Hallelujah, people can print their tickets at home (if they have the facility) and simply pay face value.
    Well done Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    There is an eSRO Transaction Fee Commission for all online transactions, you then have to pay an extra £1 for posting and packaging, or free if you print at home, so the fee applied is the same as the phone transaction fee £2.50. You save £1.00 if you print at home. As I stated above the eSRO fee is not shown on the video,
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

So have they changed their minds? If not that is about as amateurish as it gets, no communication between the ticketing office and the communications department, how ironic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Dansk_Red said:

There is an eSRO Transaction Fee Commission for all online transactions, you then have to pay an extra £1 for posting and packaging, or free if you print at home, so the fee applied is the same as the phone transaction fee £2.50. You save £1.00 if you print at home. As I stated above the eSRO fee is not shown on the video,

Clearly because the club have had a change of heart and have decided not to make the fans pay the fees, probably in an attempt to establish goodwill and boost attendances at matches even if that boost is only marginal to begin with.
    I say well done to the club for reining back on the charges suggested this morning, and later today released the 'how to' video to confirm the decision not to apply those charges.
  • Options
    Anyone else not getting the bundle price when buying adult tickets ? seems to be ok for over 65 tickets
  • Options
    Charlton in cluster fuck administrative balls up baffling their own fans shock.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The eSRO fee is being are applied if you if you try to book tickets, so I think your praise may be a bit premature
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The eSRO fee is being are applied if you if you try to book tickets, so I think your praise may be a bit premature

Oh.
    Well at least the club has removed the print at home £1.50 fee.
  • Options
    Highly illogical
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The opening post states that postage is free but the ticketing site is adding £1.00.
  • Options
    My password which I've used for years is coming up as invalid.
    I clicked on reset password and received an e mail addressed to my eldest son.
    I'll have to ring the club tomorrow and see if I can get it sorted.
    I'm also wondering if you are buying for more than one person, whether you still need DOB etc.
  • Options
    S H A M B L E S
  • Options

I'm also wondering if you are buying for more than one person, whether you still need DOB etc.

They forgot to tell us phone calls are now £5 per minute
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018

These instructions may help you or anybody else who may not have seen them.

How to log into the new ticketing system.

1. Click sign/register in the top left hand corner

2. If you have previously purchased with us or have registered with us before your details will be in the new ticketing system

3. Enter your Fan ID (which was previously called a client reference number) and then click reset password

4. An email with a password reset link will be sent to your email address and you will be able to update in and log in

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b3396d908b09/user-guide-for-the-new-ticketing-website
  • Options
    Leave home in Eltham at 1.30.

Walk to The Valley.

Pay at the Sam Bartram Gate and walk in at the back of the East Terrace.

Life used to be so simple.
  • Options
    Sunderland tickets are now on sale
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    A fee to print your own tickets is indefensible. It will always upset purchasers cos it smells like a rip off. Paying extra to save someone else’s effort is moronic. IF there is a per transaction fee built into the system costs So What? Highlighting it to your punters is the work of a preposterous fool. Build it in to the face value price of the ticket if necessary. Those sums aren’t hard to do, it’s just arithmetic. Yes booking agencies like t1ck€tb@st@rd do it but those crooks are unapologetically parasitic, which is very much the point here. By their logic roly should be adding a £1 “venue maintenance levy” or some other such bullshit. We’re being taken for mugs.
    Vote with your feet people And keep your money in your pocket til ALL the required changes are completed.
  • Options

A fee to print your own tickets is indefensible. It will always upset purchasers cos it smells like a rip off. Paying extra to save someone else’s effort is moronic. IF there is a per transaction fee built into the system costs So What? Highlighting it to your punters is the work of a preposterous fool. Build it in to the face value price of the ticket if necessary. Those sums aren’t hard to do, it’s just arithmetic. Yes booking agencies like t1ck€tb@st@rd do it but those crooks are unapologetically parasitic, which is very much the point here. By their logic roly should be adding a £1 “venue maintenance levy” or some other such bullshit. We’re being taken for mugs.
    Vote with your feet people And keep your money in your pocket til all the required changes are completed.

The 'how to' video put out by the club clearly shows that there is no fee any more to print your ticket at home.
    It is an example of one positive action by the club from yesterday.
  • Options
    I wonder how many sages and philosophers that have been on here discussing the economics and politics behind the ticketing system will use the system to actually buy tickets ?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Vote with your feet people And keep your money in your pocket til all the required changes are completed.

The 'how to' video put out by the club clearly shows that there is no fee any more to print your ticket at home.
    The website saying one thing and a video implying another means nothing. You’ll only find out for sure if you purchase. Which I wholeheartedly discourage you from doing. The print at home fee is indefensible in any case, whoever does it. The wanton mismanagement of CAFC this last 4 and a half years is indefensible. Seeking microscopic crumbs of comfort is bizarre
  • Options
    edited July 2018

seth plum said:

The website saying one thing and a video implying another means nothing. You’ll only find out for sure if you purchase. Which I wholeheartedly discourage you from doing. The print at home fee is indefensible in any case, whoever does it. The wanton mismanagement of CAFC this last 4 and a half years is indefensible. Seeking microscopic crumbs of comfort is bizarre
    Hang on a minute. Doesn't the video trump the website because it came out later?
    I will continue to travel to the Valley to get my tickets in person.
    Mind you that depends on how things unfold over the next few weeks.
  • Options

Sunderland tickets are now on sale

Managed to buy one but now the tickets have vanished from the ticketing website.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

I've phoned the club and the matter was immediately resolved.
    The e mail addressed to my son was as I suspected, historic from when he was a junior and has now been removed.
    I have logged in using my con/membership number and reset my password.

The below statement made by the club appears to be correct, apart from the fact that there does appear to be a £1 postage fee, if you purchase online and want tickets posted to you.
    As was their clarification that there is no additional fee to print your tickets.

"As part of the new system, there will be a £1.50 transaction fee for online bookings (applicable per transaction rather than per ticket). There will be no transaction fee for purchases made in person, while UK postage is now free for online bookings, which was priced at £1 last season. The booking fee for purchases made by phone remains at £2.50 per transaction."

If you wish to purchase in person you can do so with no fees (not sure if the 2 hour before kick off price rise still remains).

If you wish to purchase by phone at the BT charged rate, you can do so at a £2.50 charge.

If you wish to purchase online and scan your phone at the turnstile you can.
    If you wish to print at home you can and there is no additional charge to the £1.50 online charge.
    If you wish to purchase online and collect, there is only the £1.50 online charge.

If you wish to purchase online and have the ticket posted to you, there is a £1 postage fee.
    This is contrary to the club statement.

There no longer appears to be the need to add date of births, so if you wish to purchase 5 tickets, it is now as simple as all other websites.

If any of the above is wrong, then I apologise, but that's how it looks to me.

Well done Charlton on a vastly superior and efficient ticketing system.

If people have the time it's probably worth your while doing a dummy purchase, so you're all set for the new season.

So 2 queries for me -

1 Is there a postage fee if you purchase online ?

2 Is there still a price hike in ticket prices before KO ?