Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Ticketing System Launched

Comments

• Options
    Its basically a sneaky hike in the match day ticket - i'm guessing most fans book over the phone, online or an hour or so before kick-off - by hiding the extra cost in a booking fee they can pretend that the ticket price is lower - might be common practice in the entertainment industry but doesn't make it right plus over the last couple of seasons there's been very little entertainment on the pitch :smile:
  • Options
    All matchday tickets “free”

but you have to buy online and print them at home with a charge of £20 per ticket to do this, great idea
  • Options
    So far on here this print at home fee does not seem to be popular.
    When Eddie Stobart returns to work tomorrow (unless he is on holiday) perhaps he can justify the fee with a break down of the onerous cost to the club of fans printing their tickets at home.
  • Options
    Hopefully the Aussies rip this up and start again.
  • Options
    When I renewed our family season tickets at the end of the season I had all sorts of issues with the online. In the end the lady in the ticket office said instead of doing it as a renewal do it as new ones and once it comes through to us we'll call you to make sure you have the seats you want. Two months on I'm still waiting for that call.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

When I renewed our family season tickets at the end of the season I had all sorts of issues with the online. In the end the lady in the ticket office said instead of doing it as a renewal do it as new ones and once it comes through to us we'll call you to make sure you have the seats you want. Two months on I'm still waiting for that call.

Ring them up and ask for Keohane. Make him do a smidgen of work.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Remember the good old days when incompetence was accidental and if something like that was put on the website, someone’s attention would be drawn to it and the problem cured (or at least explained away) whereas now they must foresee that charging people to print at home is the behaviour of a total dick, but whatever they’re fine with it...
  • Options
    Every match I went to last season I ordered online and picked them up from outside the covered end before the game, will that be costing me £1.50 from now on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Say what you like it’s standard practice. Not saying it’s right. But completely inappropriate to say it’s the clubs fault or another effort by RD to destroy the fans.

Not going to try and defend it but let’s all get real here it’s a standard fee and is applied by ticket agencies and sporting clubs throughout the world.

Appreciate people here are trying all they can to twist the knife in further with RD and lets face it every reason too, but having a go on things like this just shows the pettiness of some and the willingness to not look objectively at things.

Give it a rest and let’s focus on some positives and do our best to get behind the club.

Tell you what do you think the new owners will remove it. Damn right they won’t. It’s well established here and some of the fees charged and far bigger than what’s charged here.
  • Options

Say what you like it’s standard practice. Not saying it’s right. But completely inappropriate to say it’s the clubs fault or another effort by RD to destroy the fans.

Not going to try and defend it but let’s all get real here it’s a standard fee and is applied by ticket agencies and sporting clubs throughout the world.

Appreciate people here are trying all they can to twist the knife in further with RD and lets face it every reason too, but having a go on things like this just shows the pettiness of some and the willingness to not look objectively at things.

Give it a rest and let’s focus on some positives and do our best to get behind the club.

Tell you what do you think the new owners will remove it. Damn right they won’t. It’s well established here and some of the fees charged and far bigger than what’s charged here.

I agree and the positives are? ;)
  • Options
    No positives unfortunately. But just the way it is. It stinks. But is it going to change. No. Can’t see it.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

I thought a fee might reflect some kind of extra effort or expense on the part of the club.
    Can you enlighten me on this point, standard practice of not?
    The only positive to focus on and get behind will be wins and points (maybe the community work too) otherwise the rest is an embarrassment.
    Are there good bits I am missing?
  • Options
    The fee is probably levied by the ticketing software used. I used to work on a ticketing system where the software was given free to the venues (in our case it was comedy clubs) and a booking fee is levied on all orders through the system and then venue billed the appropriate amount each month.

That would explain the charge, and it would also explain why it's not charged if you go directly to the ticket office in person. They'll probably be entering the orders directly into the administration part of the system (to check availability and mark seats as sold) and not using the billing part of the system to take payment as they have cash and card payment facilities already in place at the Valley.
  • Options
    No. But ok let’s look at it this way, the club has just invested in a new ticketing scheme. An online system which it has no doubt purchased from a company and for which it has had to pay fees for to be customised to The Valley and the clubs ticketing structure. Be it an upfront payment or regular monthly fees, there are fees to be paid. It certainly wasn’t given, customised and installed for free. So the club has to recover its costs. That’s reality and perhaps that’s what you’re missing.
  • Options
    Why establish a new system then? It is expensive and the punters have to pay for the decision which they didn't have to pay for before.
    If it is more efficient then presumably it is saving the club money.
    It strikes me as a vanity project for somebody in order to justify their job, but I might be wrong,
  • Options

No. But ok let’s look at it this way, the club has just invested in a new ticketing scheme. An online system which it has no doubt purchased from a company and for which it has had to pay fees for to be customised to The Valley and the clubs ticketing structure. Be it an upfront payment or regular monthly fees, there are fees to be paid. It certainly wasn’t given, customised and installed for free. So the club has to recover its costs. That’s reality and perhaps that’s what you’re missing.

err......the club bought the ticketing system so that they can effectively run the puchase of tickets online. No way should they be then passing that cost directly onto the consumer. Why not just go back to buying tickets on the day or even, god forbid, paying cash at the turnstiles.

I also suspect that it may be to prevent people buying online because currently an adult can buy kids tickets at £5 or £10 & the automatic reader at the turnstiles can't tell the difference. Still possible in person but would you have the front to buy a child ticket from the Ticket Office ??

FWIW I bought all my tickets online last season & printed them off at home - was expecting to do the same this season but if this is now going to cost me an extra £35 I will have to think again. Maybe its a way to get people to buy a ST ??

fecking shitting arseholes.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

Why establish a new system then? It is expensive and the punters have to pay for the decision which they didn't have to pay for before.
    If it is more efficient then presumably it is saving the club money.
    It strikes me as a vanity project for somebody in order to justify their job, but I might be wrong,

Words fail me. You are the most miserable, whinging poster on CL by a country mile. So so depressing.
    When I give an impression of a young player on CL, or a post match report I very rarely whinge.
    Still it is nice to know I am the best at something.
  • Options
    No but they’ve implemented this to get better control over the ticketing I presume. What was the uproar like at the end of last season when the club had to use a ticketing agency to sell tickets for the playoffs. Can’t win. Like with a lot of things these days businesses contract out services to get better service but it comes at a cost. Tickets agency fees are a country mile more so perhaps by managing it online themselves they are looking at reducing costs for us fans. The booking fee for phone bookings is still 2.50 and we seem to have accepted that?? And yet we have to phone up the club - where’s everyone asking the club to reimburse the phone charges.

Seriously I know we are all sick of it, and want this takeover to just be done with, but come on. The Aussies must be looking and asking themselves who are these whinging Poms!!
  • Options
    I understand the phone calls are on a costly premium line as well as the fee on top.
    The option to avoid that by the (questionable) print at home system meant that the phone system could probably be avoided.
    The print at home fee is much harder for many to avoid.
    Despite @Covered End promoting me to whinger in chief I have frequently and indeed politely enquired of front line ticketing staff as to the fan unfriendly systems they employ.
    100% of the time the answer is a shrug and a firm indication that they are following the orders and decisions of those higher up the club food chain.
    I think the attitude of the club management generally towards its fans is 'it is what it is, if you don't like it you can f*ck off', which of course is what many fans have done.
    This kind of whinging if you like might be headed off at the pass by a credible fans forum or engagement system, but last week indicated to me that any fan engagement by the club at the moment is a tick box exercise.
    If the club is so precious and fragile it can brook no criticism then God help us, because it is certainly thirsty for praise when it can get it.
  • Options
    The phone calls are standard BT rated and have been for a couple of years unless I am mistaken.
  • Options
    That would be fair if I came on here to moan about every little thing and never saw any positives, but it's not the case.

Maybe the Aussies have looked on here and if/when they takeover will reverse some of the decisions made by the club under RDs ownership.
  • Options
    Maybe and I’d love to see it - interesting that online handling fee for Andrew Muir’s Essendon next home game is $9.95. No club own ticket system but all has to go through Ticketmaster. Maybe puts that in perspective.

Now by all means let’s moan at all the things that need to change at the club but at the same time let’s be realistic and stop trying to blame RD for all the wrongs in the world - he can only be blamed for some of them.
  • Options
    The club could take off the £1.50 fee.
    That would be a realistic move.
  • Options

Maybe and I’d love to see it - interesting that online handling fee for Andrew Muir’s Essendon next home game is $9.95. No club own ticket system but all has to go through Ticketmaster. Maybe puts that in perspective.

Now by all means let’s moan at all the things that need to change at the club but at the same time let’s be realistic and stop trying to blame RD for all the wrongs in the world - he can only be blamed for some of them.

Does the 1.50 charge make any sense to you, when you can get the same ticket in person with no charge?
  • Options

I never mentioned RD. It's a strange decision whoever made it, whether RD was involved or not.