Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is belly dancing acceptable in 2018 ?

I got invited to a Turkish Restaurant with belly dancing tonight in Orpington.
I politely declined and explained that I didn't think Leuth and Chizz would approve :-)
I mean if walk on ladies at the darts and at the F1 aren't showing women in the right "light", surely belly dancing should now be outdated.

So what do people think ? No arguing please, just polite opinions :-)

Comments

• Options

I politely declined and explained that I didn't think Leuth and Chizz would approve :-)
    I mean if walk on ladies at the darts and at the F1 aren't showing women in the right "light", surely belly dancing should now be outdated.

It’s a cultural thing so I don’t see a problem with it. It’s not for titilation unless you want to see it that way.
  • Options
    Okay.

• Options
    Of course it’s alright . Why on earth not ? It’s a traditional form of entertainment.
  • Options
    Of course it is acceptable! Why on earth wouldn't it be? It's a traditional dance steeped in middle eastern history.

It's not like belly dancers whip their clothes off and wrap themselves around a pole... (there's nothing wrong with strip clubs either btw)
  • Options

Of course it’s alright . Why on earth not ? It’s a traditional form of entertainment.

So is bullfighting
  • Options
    Don't worry it's not illegal.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I have to say I'm quite surprised with the replies so far.
    This world's getting too confusing for me.
    So it's no longer deemed appropriate for fully dressed ladies to walk alongside darts players.
    But it is appropriate to have some scantily clad ladies shaking their breasts and tummies in your general direction, when you're trying to eat your kebab ?

I'm genuinely not trying to cause an argument. I really struggle with the double standards as I see it.
    Walking fully clothed demeans women , yet dancing scantily clad for your entertainment whilst eating dinner doesn't ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's entirely the choice of that brand or establishment to employ who they want. If F1 and darts don't want walk on girls anymore, that's ok. If a Turkish restaurant wants belly dancers, that's ok too.
  • Options

Spending Saturday night in Orpington is not acceptable.....

Well obviously, that goes without saying.
  • Options

It's entirely the choice of that brand or establishment to employ who they want. If F1 and darts don't want walk on girls anymore, that's ok. If a Turkish restaurant wants belly dancers, that's ok too.

I agree with that.
  • Options

So is bullfighting
    Sorry . You’re right . I perfect comparison...
  • Options

Lots of women love to belly dance in the UK. My ex-GF went to belly dancing classes and was full of enthusiasm for it.

Why would you want to ban something that many women enjoy?

• Options
    Should've gone Covered End, they could've taught you some moves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Lots of women love to belly dance in the UK. My ex-GF went to belly dancing classes and was full of enthusiasm for it.

Why would you want to ban something that many women enjoy?

I wouldn't want to. Many women enjoy doing the walk on at darts and F1 though ?
  • Options
    There's belly dancers......And then there's Orpington belly dancers!

• Options
    Where are our resident CL hand wringers anyway, still blowing up the Trump blimp?
  • Options

I think you made the right choice. I genuinely can think of few things less enjoyable than going to Orpington.
  • Options
    That's it im offended
  • Options

So is bullfighting
    Sorry . You’re right . I perfect comparison...
    Haha. I’m fucking about.

I couldn’t give a monkeys.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    When you say "invited", I assume that means you were not expected to pick up the bill (or even your share of it) and you turned it down because there might be a bit of flesh wobbling about?

You turned down free food?

Edited to add: Personally I thought the food hygiene rating would be the first thing to check. So I did it for you - Hisar Meze Bar 4 star -good - rated as recently as April.
  • Options
    That's a really good Turkish actually, so you've missed out on a good meal.

I can't comment on the standard of belly dancers as they weren't on when I've been, but judging by the overall quality of human in Orpington I can't imagine it would be something you'd enjoy while eating.