Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roy Keane On Itv

Why oh why, do ITV persist with Roy Keane in the studio commentating on England games?

Comments

• Balance
  • Uboat said:

Balance

I get your point, but he has a face like a wet weekend in Shrewsbury, and he’s such a miserable git!
  • Uboat said:

Balance

Roy Keane “balanced”!!!!, bloody hell never heard that before!!!!
  • Uboat said:

Balance

I get your point, but he has a face like a wet weekend in Shrewsbury, and he’s such a miserable git!
    He appears to suffer from depression.
  • Uboat said:

Balance

He appears to suffer from depression.
    Yea, depressing everyone else :-)
  • Keane spot on there though regarding caps not being an excuse.
  • Thought he was okay on the whole, until the Croatia game when he started criticising two English supporters on the panel (Wright and Dixon) for thinking - hoping - believing we were going all the way to the final
  • Sponsored links:

• He’s entertaining
  • They should try a whoopie cushion on him 3 seconds before the cameras roll...
  • Uboat said:

Uboat said:

Balance

Roy Keane “balanced”!!!!, bloody hell never heard that before!!!!
    I'm not suggesting Keane is balanced as an individual, but when you've got three England fans on the panel it's nice to have a snarling Irish psychopath on the end of the row.
    I do think it's good to have someone who sees things a bit differently, who's looking out for the negatives.
  • dizzee said:

I love Roy Keane. No beating around the bush, says it how it is.

Alf Inge Halaand would agree...................Keane is a loudmouth thug should be nowhere near TV.
  • I think it’s good to have another view. Although we have done better than expected, listening to some pundits over the past couple of weeks is akin to listening to a Capital or Heart DJ spouting endless positivity about how great everything is.
  • "World class player....economy class person"

Dean Kiely...his ex teammate.

As a pundit? If he was less of a wanker then he might have something to offer.
  • edited July 2018
    Looked like an Oompa Loompa the other night
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he's great on The Champions League programme. His damning of the Arsenal team is deserving of a televison award. Regarding what he said about getting carried with the England team, he was absolutely right. W3 D1 L3 = mid table from in a league format.
  • He’s entertaining

He says it how it is.
  • dizzee said:

Agreed. Great player and a winner who holds others to high standards. Player with that mentality would grab us by the scruff of the neck and out of league one in no time.

Think he plays up to the image a lot too.
    And give Ajose a kick up the backside.
  • He’s a wanker
  • He had a fractious and unsuccessful spell as manager of Ipswich. My bro-in-law, a Tractor Boy, said Keane's tenure was "like being managed by Liam Gallagher".

He also famously released Jordan Rhodes for free.
  • He’s a wanker

Ajose does have attitude.
  • I think he's great on The Champions League programme. His damning of the Arsenal team is deserving of a televison award. Regarding what he said about getting carried with the England team, he was absolutely right. W3 D1 L3 = mid table from in a league format.

But it wasn't a league format so it's irrelevant? Leaving aside the fact that it was W3 D2 L2 after 90 mins...
  • dizzee said:

Not exactly. Like it is would be to say 'stick it up your arse' not 'stick it up your bollocks'.
    The arse having the more obvious aperture.
  • He’s entertaining

He says it how it is.
    You mean he says things like he ‘thinks’ it is.