Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's my fault, I jinxed it...

2»

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Always put the St Georges flag outside the window for every tournament in last 20+ years. Never worked so told my wife not to bother this time.

Unbeknown to me, she decided to put it out last night.

All her bloody fault.

Sorry, did not know this when I posted the red shirt bit. It is her fault.
  • Options
    I take total responsibility for our loss. The first question in the WC predictions competition which I ran, was to name the two teams to reach the final. Midway through the first half I confidently started typing up the names of those who predicted England as one of the teams - MuttleyCAFC, ForeverAddicted, Lewis Coaches, ImnotAthletic, addick05 - then I had to scratch them all out. Bugger.
  • Options
    Just before kick off, decided to change into a football shirt. Grabbed my away (white) signed Charlton shirt from the last promotion season when I sponsored a player. Last worn for Champions Day at The Valley and what a wonderful day that was.

Half time, so far so good.

Full time, it suddenly dawned on me that the shirt had come from Rhoys Wiggins - a Welshman!!!

Frantic change into an old Derek Hales / club designer t shirt (also predominantly white) but too little, too late...
  • Options
    Stig said:

Lots of superstitions coming out pre-match yesterday so who shares the blame for England's World Cup demise.

I wore my work shirt for the first half - England put in a good shift at the office. At half time I had a shower and changed into my 60s retro Charlton shirt - England were Charltonised. Sorry folks.

Don't Worry about it mate