Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Turin 90 - Moscow 18. Where were you / Where will you be..?

124»

Comments

• Options
    1990 - Aged 30 - At Charlton Park Rugby Club
    2018 - Aged 58 - Around at a friends house
  • Options
    1990 on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast

Very odd, just got back from there yesterday, having spent a week there reunited with my great friends from that time...if I had dreamed this could happen I would have booked to stay longer

Was going to a big park in Prague where they have the screens, but the weather's iffy. So Mad Vincent and my brother in law coming round to provide Czech support, and we will symbolically drink beer from the losers Germany...
  • Options
    1990 - at home in Essex
    2018 - Barcelona, wherever they show it outside.
  • Options
    1990 - aged 11, at home in Orpington with my parents

2018 - aged 39, at my house (this place will never be my home!) in Perth, Australia. 2 am kick off here.
  • Options
    1990 aged 17. At parents house in West Thamesmead with family.
    2018 aged 45. At home in St. Anne's on the Sea, Lancashire. Watching on a big screen in the cinema room (basically the cellar). Youngest might watch with me. Wife has no interest in the game.
  • Options
    Love this thread
  • Options
    1990 - At home with my Mum & Dad

2018 - At home with my wife and kids.
    I keep telling my boys, especially my eldest who is 12 that this will stay with him for the rest of their lives. It’s their Italia 90. Not sure they fully appreciate yet. ..But they will
  • Options
    1990 at The Stones gig at Wembley (still haven't seen the match)

2018 I will be at home posting some pearlers on the Brexit thread...
  • Options

Didn't they delay coming on till after pens?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1990 - pub in Dartford - having been out to the group games as an England Travel Club member was all geared up to going back for the final , no idea why we didnt go back for the semi though.
    2018 - Pub tbc in West London
  • Options
    1990- Bentley’s restaurant, Elstead Surrey in the kitchen watching a TV propped on a stock pot as we had no guests
    2018- White Rose, Luxembourg City with @The_President and my eldest daughter wearing bicycle clips as my nerves are shot
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Didn't they delay coming on till after pens?
    No - loads of us were watching on handheld tvs / listening to radio and when Lineker scored there was such a cheer that Mick Jagger visibly stopped in the middle of a song
  • Options
    At home in 1990.. can't remember the game.

The Sheaf, next to Borough High Street, 2018.
  • Options
    2018 on a ferry from South Sweden to Rostock in Germany. Will see the first half (hopefully) and catch the second after the ship docks.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    1990 -aged 11 on first family holiday abroad, in the south of France.

2018 - back in UK visiting family, which luckily coincided with the quarters and semi-finals. If we win tonight I'm seriously thinking of changing my Friday flight so I'm still in England for the final.
  • Options
    1990 Age 22- Prince of Wales Plumstead Common.How i wished it would be again.Great pub.
    2018 Age 50- Nearest pub to it the Fox and Hounds.Hopefully a different result 28 years on.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    1990 - Age 28 Queensland Australia watching on TV in camper van
    2018 - Age 56 Half Door pub Hartford CT USA
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    UPDATED - WEMBLEY 96 AND WEMBLEY 21 (although this time comparing a final with a semi final...)

1996 - 23
    In final year at Uni, exams had finished but still a few weeks left of "term". Life was great. Watched on a small television in communal living room that had a hideous brown and orange fake leather sofa. After the game went down to Clowns and Jesters (those that know know...)

2021 - 48
    At home with wife and kids -probably a BBQ and a few beers from 6ish with a few friends coming round - they can then bugger off and leave us to watch the final as a family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1996 - Remember sitting in my living room with my Dad watching the agony
    2021 - I'll be downstairs on my own, wife will be upstairs, staying out of my way, son will be asleep
  • Options
    1990 - 11 years old in a small hotel full of Germans in the bay of Naples

1996 - in a random pub near Charing Cross on my own because I couldn't find my mates and didn't have a mobile!

2018 in the local cricket club, had been in there since about 3, I was between jobs and loving life.

For other reasons as well 96 and 18 are probably the best summers of my life. 
  • Options
    1996 - At home with mum and dad as an 8 year old. Truly broke my heart when we lost on penalties.

2021 - Have been down my local in Woolwich for all England games and want to keep the run going, but most mates seem intent on doing the stay at home thing, so might be on my own. I don’t want to let a big occasion like this just pass by whilst sitting indoors. 
  • Options
    18 - At my mates house, he lived like 2 mins walk away. I  had refundable flights to Moscow for the final as had a provisional ticket if England made it. Had to cancel them no later than 48 hours before it departed, had to be home by 11PM to get money back.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Turin 90 I was 2 years old
    Moscow 18 I was in the white hart in Orpington 
    Wembley 20/21 I will be in my living room with my housemate like all the rest of the games.
    Can’t change now because I will jinx it 😂
    ITS COMING HOME 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
  • Options
    1990 - Not yet alive

1996 - 4 years old, probably lying in my bunkbed in Chislehurst

2018 - Hyde Park, London

2021 - Probably at the Liberty Square pub in Downtown Vancouver
  • Options
    1990  William Camden, Bexleyheath
    1996   Working in a pub in Calella, Spain
    2018  Los Angeles British pub, dont remember the name
    2021  at home
  • Options
    1990 - at home with my parents, aged ten

1996 - the Camden Arms, Sevenoaks with mates

2018 - after being in Russia for the Colombia game, made the terrible decision to watch the semi with my mate in a ridiculously posh and half-empty pub near his house in Henley.

2021 - Wembley Stadium (all being well)
  • Options
    90 home with parents aged 16 paid my mate to take my shift at Safeway’s a fiver 
    96 the Odds in Dartford aged 22
    18 in the Inn on the Green Billericay aged 44
    21 Wembley stadium the home of football aged 47 with my boy 17
    its coming home believe