Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Turin 90 - Moscow 18. Where were you / Where will you be..?

Comments

• Options

At home both times

Still got the tag mate?
  • Options
    1990 - home with family

2018 - working as a cycle paramedic in Stratford so may not see it. Will try and catch it at the fire station or one of the big screens they have and hope my radio stays silent
  • Options
    1990 - Home alone watching on TV
    2018 - Home with my wife watching on TV
  • Options
    Was 24 I think? Watched 1st half in Charlton in the Westminster arms and 2nd half in pub opposite ferry next to the cinema
    Now aged 51 will be more relaxed watching in the pefki Irish bar in rhodes with some ice cold mythos
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    1990 - the Royal mottingham
    2018 - the best club in Sidcup
  • Options
    1990 - Aged 20 at Blackheath Newbridge WMC
    2018 - At home in Bromley
  • Options
    Riviera said:

1990 - 36 years old, crowded around the TV in our family hotel business in Bournemouth
    2018 - 64 and semi retired, I'll be at home watching with my wife, ma-in-law, son and nephew with a bottle of Barbera D'Asti or maybe a chilled Verdicchio

How old is your Mother-in-Law!!!?
    Easy tiger!
  • Options
    1990 9 home in Orpington
    2018 38 home or pub in East Sussex

Come on England!
  • Options
    1990: Aged 10, watching at my parent's house. Don't remember how I felt about it, as wasn't particularly into football at the time.
    2018: Will be watching at home with my wife and kids, blew off a night at a beer festival so we better win!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    1990: Standing on a table , Golden Lion , Bexleyheath
    2018 : Party at home , BBQ , Cross of St George everywhere .
  • Options
    1990 Aged 36 watching from home in Maidstone
    2018 Aged 64 watching from home in Maidstone (same house)
  • Options
    1990- was 3 years young, so probably waiting for Dad to come back from the boozer.

2018- The Gordon’s arms chislehurst, lets have it!!!!
  • Options
    1990 in an Ealing restaurant.

2018 at Winchmore Hill CC (playing Essex Over 50s)

• Options

1990: 32, Watched at home with my Dad who is no longer with us.

2018: 60, Picking my 93 year old mum up and taking her home to watch it with me. I told her to pick what we have for dinner and I will cook as my wife will not be home before kick off. She has gone for steak & kidney pudding so I hope tomorrow’s is not 30c or she will be getting a salad

Yuuummmmm, I have not had steak & kidney pudding in years. Can I come round?
    No Ricky Otto has warned me about you..............my Mum won't be safe :smile:
  • Options
    1990 - 5 years old so don't remember it

2018 - Yet to decide... either Hyde Park, local outdoor screening in Letchworth or at home with the wife
  • Options
    1990: At home with mum and dad
    2018: not watching. I’ll be following the CL takeover thread instead
  • Options
    edited July 2018

1990: 32, Watched at home with my Dad who is no longer with us.

2018: 60, Picking my 93 year old mum up and taking her home to watch it with me. I told her to pick what we have for dinner and I will cook as my wife will not be home before kick off. She has gone for steak & kidney pudding so I hope tomorrow’s is not 30c or she will be getting a salad

Yuuummmmm, I have not had steak & kidney pudding in years. Can I come round?
    No Ricky Otto has warned me about you..............my Mum won't be safe :smile:
    No need to panic, she’s 80 years too old for him Mike.
  • Options
    1990: No idea, I was 1
    2018: Have been toying between a BBQ at mine or the pub with a few mates. Settled on pub. Hope I can actually get a decent view of the game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1990 - I was seventeen and watched it in a mates garage. There was about a dozen of us.

2018 - for the first half an hour I'll be at work then a dash home. I'll be avoiding social media and will watch it on +1 with the missus.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    1990 (23) home in Faversham and at the Chimney boy. 2018 (51)home in Newent Gloucestershire with family and friends In the garden room and missing my boys @Callumcafc & @JakeCAFC_94
  • Options
    1990 - 24 at home
    2018 - 52 a pub in Wimbledon after I foolishly told my daughter "yes, I can come and see your play on Wednesday". Fortunately it finishes before 7.
  • Options
    I was a young 18 year old whipper snapper, watched it the same place I am watching it tonight. At home, with some ice cold beers and the sound turned up to eleventy-stupid.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

1990 - 24 at home
    2018 - 52 a pub in Wimbledon after I foolishly told my daughter "yes, I can come and see your play on Wednesday". Fortunately it finishes before 7.

Is your daughter Serena Williams!!??!!
  • Options
    1990 - Home in front of TV
    2018 - South of France !!
  • Options
    1990 - 16 years old and watching the game with a crowd of people in my friends converted garage (it was also a music studio where we used to practice).
    2018 - 45 years old and at home watching the game with a couple of my kids.

This World Cup has been my 6 year old son's first real engaging moments with football so I've been really enjoying watching the games with him.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

1990 - Home alone watching on TV
    2018 - Home with my wife watching on TV

You watched Home Alone whilst the semi-final was on? ;-)
  • Options
    1990 - standing on a table in The Golden Lion, Bexleyheath... (I recall that the governor was dressed as a referee)

2018 - probably The Royal Oak, North Heath.
  • Options
    WSS said:

1990 - Aged seven watching it at home in Dartford with Dad. Esso garage Italia coins completed and on the mantelpiece.

2018 - Haven’t decided yet. Maybe the Lord Clyde in London Bridge or at home.

I had the Esso coins and the Beejams wall chart with the stickers. It was the world cup where I fell in love with football.