Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Auction for Aaron's Battle (ed. RIP Aaron)

Comments

• Options
    Just found the shirt one on facebook, seems there's another bid of £55. Still deserves much more.
  • Options
    Update on current highest bids

Shirt £55
    Photo £10
    Ball £60

Thanks
    Jane
  • Options
    Just a week to go. Hope there will soon be the bids these items (and Aaron) deserve.
  • Options
    Hope we will have a post World Cup boost, that shirt is worth more than £55 and who wouldn't want a photo of that legendary goal signed by the scorer himself :)
  • Options
    Lets hope so. The shirt without the signatures was £30, it's unused so it works out at less than £10 each for the signatures of Curbs, Chris Powell and Matt Holland. Add all the other Premiership players to that, so it's a steal at the moment.
  • Options
    Going to bump this. Seriously, folks the shirt is still a steal.
  • Options
    Thanks Jean you beat me to it.

Still no further bids, I am sure it must be the calm before the storm :)
  • Options
    God, he is going through it, poor soul. Please bid for these items if you can. He really needs support.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Sorry for lack of updates, as you can see above it has been a tough couple of days.
    Aaron is on his way to Germany as treatment option in the UK was just to keep him comfortable.
    Germany are confident that they can help him, the clinic have had success with people in an even worse situation than Aaron.
    My job and those around him 'Aaron's Army' is to carry on with the fundraising and make sure we have the money needed.

As always, thank you for reading and showing an interest, please follow on Twitter and Facebook and share where you can so that we can spread his story far and wide.

Thanks Jane x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep fighting Aaron
  • Options
    No movement on bids but latest news from Germany is positive, if we can just raise the money needed.

https://www.facebook.com/488372238186407/posts/646987655658197/

• Options
    edited July 2018
    For any one who doesn't do Facebook

'So after a very overwhelming day we finally have a plan!

We’ve had to sit with the doctor and make a few compromises based on what he thought was best as there was no way we could afford the initial plan. We tried to be pragmatic and hopefully it will pay off. We will be here for the rest of the week and will pretty much have run out of money by the end of it, but the next trip won’t be for another 3 weeks and will cost less so hopefully we’ll be able to figure it out. The next few months will be very stressful, having to find the money to visit every 3 weeks but if all goes to plan we’ll have to visit less and less as time goes on.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Not sure why that didn't come out in one go

'Now for the good stuff! Obviously it depends on how aaron reacts to and tolerates the drugs but they have even spoken about the possibility of complete remission if he had a really good response to all of the treatment given. He’s had his first few injections and infusions this afternoon and the doc hopes that in 3-4 weeks he’ll start being really glad he chose to come to the clinic as he’ll feel lots better, and in the shorter term he hopes he’ll start to feel his lump shrinking ASAP. There is one drug that will hopefully reduce the tumour burden quickly and then others that take longer but will hopefully cause the long term solution we’re after.

Honestly Aaron isn’t great in himself today, he has been hurting, tired, sick, worried about the cost and most of all is terrified at the thought of leaving me. Hopefully a good nights sleep will sort him out and tomorrow will bring a new day of hope and infusions. Of course I’m terrified too but I’m also excited at what this could mean for him, and have total faith that we’re making progress towards getting him better.

So many people have dropped off money with Aaron’s mum today and I can’t tell you how much easier that has made today along with all the online donations and kind words. There was a point this morning when we were thinking about giving up on the plan altogether because the money didn’t seem achievable, but then we remembered all the amazing stuff that’s going on, and the power of the universe.

My dad and grandad are still driving home now after a gruelling 13 hour drive to get us here last night and we couldn’t be more grateful. Aaron keeps telling me how much he loves them.

How very lucky we are in so many ways. If only love was the cure!'

This was written by his wife Saraya
  • Options
    Good grief. How frightening. Made a very small donation on the Paypal link last week.

Keep on fighting Aaron.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Good grief. How frightening. Made a very small donation on the Paypal link last week.

Keep on fighting Aaron.

Thank you so much x
  • Options

Jean/ @HantsAddick can have the ball :wink:

£100 for the shirt and £35 for the photo.

In fact sod it, you can never have too many signed balls from last years promotion season....... oh hold on ..... go on then £65!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

In fact sod it, you can never have too many signed balls from last years promotion season....... oh hold on ..... go on then £65!
    Thank you so much xx

I'll pass the bids on
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

You are very generous @Rob7Lee . So pleased the shirt has made the three figure sum it should have. At least I don't have to buy it back now. Do I take you on for the ball? Or just make another donation? Will give that some thought today. Keep fighting Aaron.
  • Options
    OK, will offer £70 for the ball. Will get the thread onto first page where it should be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Jean!

Just came on to give an update. Auction will finish at 5pm on Friday as I will be travelling back down from my daughters Skydive soon after so will know what to bring with me, I will monitor Facebook and Twitter but to be honest other then a couple of bids everything has been on here.

Current state of play:

Shirt £100 @Rob7Lee
    Photo £35 @Rob7Lee
    Ball £70 @HantsAddick

Thank you so much for your ongoing support, will be speaking to my sister-in-law tonight so should have an update on how it is going in Germany.

Jane
  • Options
    Hope it is going well, Jane.
  • Options
    You trying to bid me up on that ball @HantsAddick ..... I have one already from last year but it’s doing my OCD in having one at one end of the shelf and not one at the other end :smiley:

£75
  • Options
    Wow!That's a challenge for you @Rob7Lee can't match that I'm afraid. Thrilled with the bid on the shirt, it's worth that and more!
  • Options
    Update on bids

Shirt £200 @ryanj
    Ball £160 @ryanj
    Photo £35 @Rob7Lee

Update from Saraya in Germany today

'Not such a good day for Aaron today, a bit of sickness, pain and mostly he’s so tired he can barely stay awake, but things are always up and down, and I’m sure tomorrow will be back up again. Balancing medications, symptoms and side effects can be really hard, but he is increasing his new medicines daily so hopefully they will start to take effect soon and then he won’t need some of the pain relief etc he takes now any more. The staff here have been so helpful and caring, it’s made a big difference today as it always does on hard days at home when Aaron’s amazing nurses keep us going.'

Fantastic support so far. You really are amazing people, whether it be bids, donations, interest and good wishes it is hugely appreciated.

Reminder that the auction finishes at 5pm tomorrow.
  • Options
    Bumping this up again, not too late for further bids. I have made a donation to your daughter's skydive, think she is very brave too. Must run in the family.
  • Options
    Thank you, I just saw that, that's very kind of you. We have just arrived for the jump she is just about to go in and go through all the instructions. She is very nervous but after her chat with Aaron last night absolutely determined to do this for him.
    Thanks again
    Jane xx
  • Options
    Hope it goes well. She is braver than me, I could never do anything like that.