Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA World Cup predictions competition - SEMI FINALS

2»

Comments

• The Quiz and another of my OMG moments. It was intended to be a World Cup question in which case Bryan Robson's 27 second goal (he scored another in the second half) v France in Spain in 1982 would have been the answer.

However, that wasn't the wording of the question and ricky otto takes the 5 points. Tommy Lawton, Chelsea, scored after 12 seconds on 21 September 1947 v Belgium in Brussels, a game we won 5-2. Prophetic?

@Blackheathen As I answered the question you intended to ask, can I have the five points, too?
  • 2-1France (0-0)

3-1England(1-0)

HARRY KANE
  • France v Belgium 1-2 (HT 1-1)
    England v Croatia (2-1) (HT 1-0)

Greizman
  • The Quiz and another of my OMG moments. It was intended to be a World Cup question in which case Bryan Robson's 27 second goal (he scored another in the second half) v France in Spain in 1982 would have been the answer.

However, that wasn't the wording of the question and ricky otto takes the 5 points. Tommy Lawton, Chelsea, scored after 12 seconds on 21 September 1947 v Belgium in Brussels, a game we won 5-2. Prophetic?

@Blackheathen As I answered the question you intended to ask, can I have the five points, too?
    The match referee, FIFA and a full board of enquiry - all say yes

Could be crucial!
  • And for a bit of frivolity and another 5 points for the first correct and/or funniest answer

1998 World Cup superstition. For fans of France, a familiar sight was a ritual performed before the start of every France match by giant defender Laurent Blanc and his bald headed goalkeeper Fabien Barthez.

What did they do?
  • edited July 2018
    4-2 France (1-1 ht)
    3-1 England (1-1 ht)

OG :wink: Lingard
    IDGAS

• 1-2 (1-1 at HT)
    2-0 (0-0)

Kane
  • And for a bit of frivolity and another 5 points for the first correct and/or funniest answer

1998 World Cup superstition. For fans of France, a familiar sight was a ritual performed before the start of every France match by giant defender Laurent Blanc and his bald headed goalkeeper Fabien Barthez.

What did they do?

Blanc would polish Bathez’s head and then read Petit’s fortune in it
  • France 0 Belgium 2 (0 1)
    England 2 Croatia 1 (1 0)

Sterling

What did they do?

He kissed it .
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018

And for a bit of frivolity and another 5 points for the first correct and/or funniest answer

What did they do?

He would get Barthez and Franc Lebouef to puts their heads up under his shirt and display their bald heads like an ample cleavage for the cameras.
  • 1-0 (0-0)
    2-0 (1-0)
    Kane

What did they do?

He kissed it .
    Yes he did. And the other answers are hilarious.
  • 1-0 (0-0)
    2-0 (1-0)
    Kane

Hi tma. Had to do a bit of head scratching here as by my calculations (could be wrong) the game had already started when you put in your excellent prediction, but they wouldn't have scored their goal, so - it's all good.

• but the half time prediction surely can't count :)
  • pretty sure at 25 past 8 france had already scored and there was only about 20 minutes to go in the game!!!
  • I think MuttleyCAFC has a very good point and I'll get my rubber out and delete the points which I nervously gave him.

But tma's punt came in at 6.25am NZ time which would be 25 minutes into the game by my calculations. Come in tai malaysia addick and comment on our quandary.
  • edited July 2018
    The post was showing as 8:25 British time yesterday, if it was 6:25 that seems fair. But I think it was 1 hour and 25 minutes into the game as Manicmania says.
  • 1-0 (0-0)
    2-0 (1-0)
    Kane

Hi tma. Had to do a bit of head scratching here as by my calculations (could be wrong) the game had already started when you put in your excellent prediction, but they wouldn't have scored their goal, so - it's all good.

I think you should give me a penalty of 50 points. Nil points for me. I forgot to post.
  • Very good tma, no points then and no penalty either! Into extra time as we speak. After our excellent start, cann't believe this is happening but - as they say - hope springs eternal. Come on England.