Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 2018/2019 (In general)

Comments

• Can see it being on TV, wouldn’t book any trips just yet

Sarcasm? - there are about three or four Non-League v League teams which I see being way ahead of ours being picked

Haringey Borough v Wimbledon will be the BBC clash the way they kept banging on about it after the draw whilst you've got:

Bromley v Peterborough
    Met Police v Newport
    Chippenham or Maidenhead v Portsmouth

Which I expect to be all above ours for selection
  • Addickted said:

Not a new ground for me so I probably won't be going

What happened to just watching the team you support play? Not meant to be a dig at you specifically Blackpool, but i do find it bizarre the amount of posters obsessed with ticking off new grounds etc
    Have you ever been to Mansfield.
    I would guess not.
    I have been to about 80 different clubs supporting Charlton.
    So I will pick and choose as I please from now on.
    What @blackpool72

Been waiting to see us play at Field Mill for about 35 years.
    Back in the 70s when the miners were on strike I went to Mansfield with a mate of mine. Micky Hayes.
    A fellow Charlton fan some on here will know him.
    The police stopped us a couple of times as they thought we were pickets from Kent.
    Anyway I had a good weekend in Mansfield watched a game and had a good night In a working man's club.
    Seems like a lifetime away now.
  • Someone remind me, was it Mansfield that bought our floodlights?
  • Not a new ground for me so I probably won't be going

What happened to just watching the team you support play? Not meant to be a dig at you specifically Blackpool, but i do find it bizarre the amount of posters obsessed with ticking off new grounds etc
    I would guess not.
    No, i wasn't born when we last played them. I guess not many away games left for you then
  • Not a new ground for me so I probably won't be going

I would guess not.
    No, i wasn't born when we last played them. I guess not many away games left for you then
    Depends on how long I have left to live 😐
  • Can see it being on TV, wouldn’t book any trips just yet

Sarcasm? - there are about three or four Non-League v League teams which I see being way ahead of ours being picked

Haringey Borough v Wimbledon will be the BBC clash the way they kept banging on about it after the draw whilst you've got:

Bromley v Peterborough
    Met Police v Newport
    Chippenham or Maidenhead v Portsmouth

Which I expect to be all above ours for selection
    That weird Sunday thing they had last year where they showed goals from ~8 games going in at the same time could apply though, assuming it's running this year again. Truro and Wimbledon were both on Sundays last year
  • Sorry to say for some of you, but this will attract plenty of our ‘risk’ group after what they pulled on a group of ours about 10 years back.

Decent away draw butjust a shame for me personally they’re in a new identikit stadium (all-be-it only 3 sides), as the joy of lower league aways for me is going to some of the remaining traditional old grounds out there.
  • Wasnt Mansfield famous for being the largest town in england without a railway station?
  • New ground for me and JR
  • Sponsored links:

• really want to go to this but, should that stupid BBC 'as the goals go in' nonsense happens, then it clashes with Armistice Sunday so no chance of me going, over to you BBC!
  • Sorry to say for some of you, but this will attract plenty of our ‘risk’ group after what they pulled on a group of ours about 10 years back.

Decent away draw butjust a shame for me personally they’re in a new identikit stadium (all-be-it only 3 sides), as the joy of lower league aways for me is going to some of the remaining traditional old grounds out there.

What happened
  • Was buzzing when I found out, live in Nottingham and my girlfriend is from Kirkby which is next door to Mansfield, been trying to find an excuse to go to a Mansfield game for ages and here we are.

Think it will be hard to get a ticket?
  • Don't want non league. 10 left for my 92 in the current lot, Macclesfield or Mansfield would do me just fine.

Pity my predictions on other threads are so shite.

• Was buzzing when I found out, live in Nottingham and my girlfriend is from Kirkby which is next door to Mansfield, been trying to find an excuse to go to a Mansfield game for ages and here we are.

Think it will be hard to get a ticket?

Not if we get 1800.
  • Lowering the tone, have Mansfield got that attractive looking woman running them , although didn't she buddy up with that twunt Meire
  • Mansfield 78 was when my love affair with Charlton began. My dad was dubious about bringing me along as a 6 year old but we won 3-0 and the rest has been plain sailing 👍

Roland out!
  • F@cking b@llocks
  • edited October 2018

Lowering the tone, have Mansfield got that attractive looking woman running them , although didn't she buddy up with that twunt Meire

Yes and don't know.
  • Group
    J BLOCK said:

Sorry to say for some of you, but this will attract plenty of our ‘risk’ group after what they pulled on a group of ours about 10 years back.

What happened
    Group of ours went to Mansfield on way back from Chesterfield and got attacked by them unprovoked in a pub. Glasses, snooker balls, chairs the lot. Left a sour taste ever since for those concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never seen Charlton play there... but was a steward there once !
  • Dont fancy yours much... looks like a geezer in a red dress!
  • Group

J BLOCK said:

Sorry to say for some of you, but this will attract plenty of our ‘risk’ group after what they pulled on a group of ours about 10 years back.

What happened
    Group of ours went to Mansfield on way back from Chesterfield and got attacked by them unprovoked in a pub. Glasses, snooker balls, chairs the lot. Left a sour taste ever since for those concerned.
    Why would they go to Mansfield on way back from Chesterfield ?
  • Group

J BLOCK said:

What happened
    Why would they go to Mansfield on way back from Chesterfield ?
    No idea why. They were in a minibus and I assume just picked a town to stop off to catch some other football on the box.
  • edited October 2018
    It's the FA Cup. Marginally more exciting than the League Cup and Freight Rover Trophy or whatever it is now but Charlton seldom excel in this competition so I won't hold my breath even though on paper it's one we should theoretically be able to win.

Ebbsfleet v Cheltenham looks an interesting one potentially to me.

Sad thing is I used to really love the FA Cup but for whatever reason it leaves me underwhelmed these days.
  • edited October 2018
    Last time I went to Chesterfield I was talking to one of their fans.
    He said it's mayhem when they play Mansfield. (Local derby for them).
  • T_C_E said:

Someone remind me, was it Mansfield that bought our floodlights?

Think it was Kettering Town

• T_C_E said:

Someone remind me, was it Mansfield that bought our floodlights?

Think it was Kettering Town

Biggleswade?
  • edited October 2018
    Train to Peterborough change for a train to Notts from Peterborough.