Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2018/2019 (In general)

1383940414244»

Comments

• Options
    so of the 4 semi finalists, ManC are the only team not to sell full allocation. Pathetic small small club!
  • Options
    redman said:
    so of the 4 semi finalists, ManC are the only team not to sell full allocation. Pathetic small small club!
    Not really.
    They were at Wembley winning the League Cup about 6 weeks ago on the 24th February.
    They pretty much new they would win yesterday and would be back again on 18th May.
    I have plenty of sympathy for some of them not wanting or not being able to make a trip to Wembley every 6 weeks.
    Obviously, I've not mentioned all the expense of following them around Europe in the Champions League.
  • Options
    I actually respect Man City a little bit more for that.

They never would have had a brilliant fanbase what with the success of Man Utd for so long so its nice to see that a ton of plastic fans arent turning up every week only pretending to support City because they're the latest success team - Its not like their tickets are overly expensive either
  • Options
    their are a lot of plastic man city fans, jd sports in bexleyheath sell man city shirts! 10 years ago that would never have been the case, most of there games make general sale. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Can't remember what thread it was, but someone posted on here last week that in the old 2nd division (championship now), City played us in 1985 and got a crowd of over 47k.

It was their FOURTH trip to Wembley this season and they will play there twice more by August. Not to mention that in the space of 3 weeks they have 4 games in London. Not really that much of a disaster that they 'only' sold 30k tickets instead of 35k.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    the not selling out Wembley - i suppose it is fair enough, but the difference in atmosphere between the 2 games was a joke, one of my pals is  a Brighton fan and he said was a really strange game as just no atmosphere and pretty quiet at times, thought Brighton had chances and it was quite a poor game. 

all the big teams attract tourist fans, Chelsea i have been a couple of times, arsenal ( going on Thursday ) Mrs is an arsenal fan and luckily whenever i have gone they have lost - and long may that continue, have been on a train to Manchester before for one of our away games and a lot of London city fans going up funnily enough all quite young. 

they have bought every bit of success they have but then that is modern football i think, chelsea have done it, man united to a certain extent have also done it. 

the fa cup i would just like to see a decent final don't really mind who wins, i find troy deeney incredibly unlikeable!

as a side note it shows how far we have fallen when people are having a jostle over city training at our ground, makes me feel like a ( no offence intended ) welling/dartford fan. 
  • Options
    City averaged 28k season 98-99 in the 3rd tier 
  • Options
    Loose a couple of games and go buy a whole new team. F**k them and their "fans"
  • Options
     Man City having fans all over the Country is still a thing in progress. There will be many Born in 2000 and after who have picked City as their team because they are successful.
    I used to work with two London guys who were Leeds fans because their dad's weren't into football so they picked the Don Revie dirty Leeds team because they were about 7 or 8 when Bremner, Lorimer, Clarke etc were a force.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @soapboxsam that is why there are so many people my age (28) that constantly moaned about wenger because in there arsenal supporting life they have gone backwards
  • Options
    Loose a couple of games and go buy a whole new team. F**k them and their "fans"
    When have they done that?

City's record transfer fee is less than Liverpool, United and Chelsea. They've also gone and bought a lot of players in their early 20s whose value has grown, like Sterling, Sane, De Bruyne, Stones, Ederson, Laporte, Bernardo, Jesus. They also pulled out of a deal for Sanchez because it was too much money. 

I don't see how you can blame City fans, many of whom have followed their team for years whilst they were shit and firmly in United's shadow. It's not their fault a Sheikh bought them and made them successful.

No doubt if he'd bought Newcastle or Villa or Everton then people would hate those clubs too.
  • Options
    Am I correct in thinking as Wolves have 7th spot now, if City win the FA Cup because the already have the League Cup and top 4 that Wolves will be in Europa League next season
  • Options
    Am I correct in thinking as Wolves have 7th spot now, if City win the FA Cup because the already have the League Cup and top 4 that Wolves will be in Europa League next season
    Yup... Of course if Watford win the FA Cup then Wolves miss out
  • Options
    Will it also go down to Everton if Arsenal are 5th/6th and win the Europa league? (Assuming Everton stay 8th)
  • Options
    No. Maximum 7 in Europe. 
  • Options
    I saw online if Arsenal or Chelsea win Europa that France would get an extra Europa League qualifying place, not sure how true it is tho
  • Options
    Man United or Arsenal (whichever team finish 6th) will want City to win the cup.

The FA Cup winners and 5th in the league enter the group stages of the Europa but 6th enter in the qualifying rounds. So Watford winning the cup would send United or Arsenal to the 2nd q-round and have their first game at the end of July.

But, if City win the cup 6th gets into the group stages with 5th and it would be Wolves in 7th who have an early start to the season
  • Options
    No. Maximum 7 in Europe. 
    Ok. Thanks.
  • Options
    Looks like the Level Nine teams have been decimated...

Tavistock (Who'll face Welling) and Hadley are the only guaranteed teams through from level nine... Abbey Rangers or Walthamstow will join them as they face each other in a replay

March Town United (Level 10) are back in the competition, beaten 3-1 by Grays in the previous round; Grays have been kicked out after fielding an ineligible player - Means that March Town will face Kingstonian tonight in what'll be the 2nd Qualifying Round

There are ten teams from Level 8 still in the competition what with the next round being the last and the entry of the Conference teams
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Hendon v Deeping in FA Cup on Saturday. Hendon came from 0-2 down tom win 3-2 but it was quite a lucky win. Hendon copped £6,750 for winning and I think that pays the wages for about 4 weeks. Away to Hayes & Yeading in the next round....£11,250 for the winners....
  • Options
    My village, Kings Langley, are into the third round qualifying for the first time ever. Winnable home tie against Corinthian Casuals too
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    My local team, Tooting and Mitcham United, beat Dorking at home on Saturday and have been drawn a home tie against Poole Town in the next round. A winnable tie in comparison to the shock result over Dorking!
  • Options
    My village, Kings Langley, are into the third round qualifying for the first time ever. Winnable home tie against Corinthian Casuals too

Corinthians knocked out Chelmsford of the NLS on Saturday so won't be a pushover.
  • Options

Corinthians knocked out Chelmsford of the NLS on Saturday so won't be a pushover.
    Might suffer a bit with travelling over from Brazil though