Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The rise of the vegans.

Comments

• Options
    Stevelamb said:

https://news.sky.com/story/phrases-like-bringing-home-the-bacon-will-go-out-of-fashion-as-veganism-grows-says-academic-11570782

"Bringing home the bacon" or "killing two birds with one stone" will soon be phrases of the past as the rise of veganism "dethrones" meat-related metaphors from the English language, an academic has claimed.

Talk about milking it.
  • Options
    like lambs to the slaughter is probably not the right way to describe last Saturdays performance.
  • Options
    Shouldn’t count your chickens before they’ve hatched
  • Options
    What is all of this bollocks? (particularly lambs ones, which are quite tasty)
  • Options
    Sweet
  • Options
    We wont be able to blood our youngsters for much longer.
  • Options
    It’s ok if it’s human blood though
  • Options

Well I’d definitely prefer to eat Jennifer Lawrence than I would a chickens liver.

• Options
    Diane Abbott?
  • Options

Diane Abbott?

When did @i_b_b_o_r_g change his username?

:wink:

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Can we still say Almond Milkers?

I can't speak on behalf of the ladies, but personally I get most offended when my little moobs are called that.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Vegans often trot out a few athletes etc., Mo Farah being another high profile vegan, but there are many more athletes who are omnivores.
    What I know is this, in my old association there was 3/4 vegans, and during a heavy sparring/training session they were the ones who were always first to be blowing out their arses and always appeared to be the first to succumb to bugs/colds etc.
    For me this thread has been interesting and Ive learnt a lot about Veganism, and also what is available on the ever growing market for the same.
    Its apparent that there are certain benefits to a vegan diet, but conversely there are definite benefits to an omnivores diet.
    Im lucky, Ive trained for 38 years in the MA's which has kept me fit and healthy especially for someone my age now.
    Ive put enough in the fitness bank to be able to draw on it when needed. However, and because of my age and a few old fighting injuries, I have just taken a year off from training at a club, Ive been just doing light training every morning, but next January I will be back to training at a club, all my injuries have healed as well as they will.
    This thread has helped me change/focus on my diet and also look at potential ways of sustaining my energy without going back back to my standard food, things like changes to milk, using a vegan based 'milk', many more vegetables (asparagus done on the barbie is delicious and I can eat it by the handful), less red meat, I already eat a lot of fish, Im lucky my wife only cooks fresh produce, so our diet has naturally evolved, but there is always room for improvement.
    Yes its been a good pisstake at times on this thread, but seriously thanks for all the positive input from our Veggie and Vegan friends on here, Cheers.
    Good post @Greenie
  • Options
    A snake in the grass could be you've got a nice arse.
  • Options

Well I’d definitely prefer to eat Jennifer Lawrence than I would a chickens liver.

Wrong time of the month if you have that issue.
  • Options
    http://www.memphismeats.com

Is this vegan friendly meat?
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P01U3WmV5-I

Vegan options available... Otherwise you always have the foot massage - I'd call it a vegan friendly establishment... Coming to a UK franchise near you 2019....
  • Options
    Might do well in Scotland as he says they'll fry anything.
  • Options
    I know I am a hypocrite in saying this, but how is this not a law already? Man's best friend should not be on the menu.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46553064

• Options

A review into the deaths of horses at the 2018 Cheltenham Festival has warned that welfare issues threaten the future of the sport.

It had been reported that six hoses died in the 'festival', in March, but it has been announced that a seventh horse, Melrose Boy, was put down as a result of an injury sustained in the meeting. Three horses died in the final race.

Nick Rust, CEO of the British Horseracing Authority’s said "Parliament has recently sent a clear message to our sport that we must raise our ambitions for welfare further".

Pressure was put on the BHA - and the racing industry - following the success of Animal Aid's petition, which realised a debate, on the issue of injury and death to horses at British racecourses, in Parliament.

The number of deaths on British racecourses remains unacceptably high. 182 horses have died this year.

[Am posting this info. here, as the thread to which I originally posted it has disappeared from view].
    https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/81236/more-deaths-of-horses-at-cheltenham-racecourse-please-sign-a-petition/p7

Is this the watered down version?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Were those hoses trained by David Pipe?
  • Options
    Meat or two veg? Find out your food's climate footprint.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46459714

• Options
    This video made me laugh. Millionaire Made in Chelsea star with huge social media following incites her fans to attack a small farm shop in Devon and has the temerity to call him a psychopath and lecture him on ethics. Silly girl needs to keep her mouth shut and concentrate on the fake, poorly acted dramatics with the other work-shy morons on her shit telly show.

https://youtu.be/znMjC6E7oHA
  • Options
    I am not a Vegan and am unlikely to become one, but maybe, rather than hit out at them, we could look if there are deficiencies in the way we slaughter animals. Doing so humanely must always be the priority.
  • Options

I am not a Vegan and am unlikely to become one, but maybe, rather than hit out at them, we could look if there are deficiencies in the way we slaughter animals. Doing so humanely must always be the priority.

So how do you "humanely slaughter" animals then?
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

So how do you "humanely slaughter" animals then?
    In a humane way, obviously.
  • Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble Muttley but ‘humane slaughter’ is purely a term used to salve the conscience of the consumer, to try and make it seem like something ‘nice’ happens to the animal between stepping off the transporter wagon and ending up on a plate slathered in gravy. There is no humane way to take the life of an animal that wants to live.