Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's Coming Home videos

Comments

• se9addick said:

I spose it's up for interpretation and to me, it's celebrating the fact We invented the game and if We win it (WC or Euros), the trophy / football will be going home. But of course, we can't credit the British / English for anything, let alone inventing the game itself.

Was with you until the last sentence - even @JessieAddick gives the English credit for inventing the game earlier in the thread!
    Yeah, because Jess seems a logical thinking person. The point was more aimed at DRA who said something about the origins of the trophies as opposed to that of the game itself
  • se9addick said:

I spose it's up for interpretation and to me, it's celebrating the fact We invented the game and if We win it (WC or Euros), the trophy / football will be going home. But of course, we can't credit the British / English for anything, let alone inventing the game itself.

Was with you until the last sentence - even @JessieAddick gives the English credit for inventing the game earlier in the thread!
    Yeah, because Jess seems a logical thinking person. The point was more aimed at DRA who said something about the origins of the trophies as opposed to that of the game itself
    I think the oldest trophy is the Scottish FA Cup, so really, football will only really have come home when Scotland win the World Cup, which I'm sure is just around the corner!
  • se9addick said:

Yeah, a naturally interpretation discussing a song's lyrics to not being able to be positive about England. Well done.
  • edited July 2018
    DRAddick said:

se9addick said:

Yeah, a naturally interpretation discussing a song's lyrics to not being able to be positive about England. Well done.
    And well done you for nausing up what was a decent thread
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I think the oldest trophy is the Scottish FA Cup, so really, football will only really have come home when Scotland win the World Cup, which I'm sure is just around the corner!
    Now you're talking domestic football so I'm oooot
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Typical can't say anything about England without someone being negative.
  • Hair splittingly funny
  • edited July 2018

DRAddick said:

se9addick said:

Shame people can't discuss different opinions without becoming offended and defensive. Well done.

Time for this particular discussion to end it seems. Here's to England and the semi finals.
  • DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

se9addick said:

Shame people can't discuss different opinions without becoming offended and defensive. Well done.
    Offensive? When did that happen then? Well done
  • edited July 2018
    DRAddick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Typical can't say anything about England without someone being negative.

DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

se9addick said:

Offensive? When did that happen then? Well done
    Offensive? Where did I say offensive? Well done.

Shame it's gone this way. Ah well. (right, definitely last post on the matter).
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody hell lads...
  • I like the one with the Countdown girl all naked but for her England socks and singing 'football's coming home ' in the style of Marylyn Monroe singing 'happy birthday.Mr President', while carefully concealing her genitalia with a regulation FIFA ball.

Classy, patriotic and erotic.
  • Has anyone played it backwards by any chance?

Yes and you can definitely hear “I am the devil and I want to f*** your mother”.
  • 1StevieG said:

Has anyone played it backwards by any chance?

Yes and you can definitely hear “I am the devil and I want to f*** your mother”.
    Oh
  • Has anyone played it backwards by any chance?

Yes it says, "on vozvrashchayetsya domoy".
  • How does one upload a video on here? And yes I have tried to just upload it.....
  • We need a storm
  • 1StevieG said:

How does one upload a video on here? And yes I have tried to just upload it.....

Copy and paste the link

It better be good

No pressure
  • Sponsored links:

• !emoh gnimoc sti
  • 1StevieG said:

How does one upload a video on here? And yes I have tried to just upload it.....

Copy and paste the link

It better be good

No pressure
    How about videos that have been sent you via WhatsApp?

• edited July 2018
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

See you Jimmy, no kin chance :tongue: .
  • That's based on a true story an all

#itscomingfuckinghome
  • 1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

Copy and paste the link

It better be good

No pressure
    How about videos that have been sent you via WhatsApp?

Attach file and select it from WhatApp folder

• I'm with the OP.

surely "its coming home" was about Euro 96 when the tournament was being held in England and therefore "was coming home".

Just typical newbies......been watching football for 5 mins & now think they own it.

Football was invented by Britons conscripted to the Roman army in 58AD. The first tournament was between teams from Brittania, Gaul, Rome, Hispania, Gallia Belgica and Aegyptus in 66AD, with Brittania winning. Therefore, "It's coming home" refers to any major football trophy being won by a team from the British Isles. Everyone knows that's only ever going to be England.
    I read this to AA jr. He thought it was real.
  • That is spectacularly good