Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best places to watch football on Saturday?

Comments

• Anglesea Arms in Woolwich was great last night. Lots of England songs before and after the game.
  • So what actually started it?

Don’t get that kind of behaviour in Maidstone (winky face)

Don't get me started on Maidstone haha

It started when a load of lads who'd been boozing from crates on the grass nearer the river started launching missiles including glass bottles into the crowd in front of the screen when Colombia scored. Unsurprisingly this provoked a reaction from those sat at the tables, also boozing mainly from crates and plastic bags of drink.

I'm on a WhatsApp group with some of those involved and they have the names and Facebook profiles, workplaces and business details of those who kicked it off. Via a combination of grassing and common knowledge. This has actually really annoyed me, so some of the people who started it have grassed their pals up, and I've seen the screenshots of this, out of fear. This shows the absolute jelly that runs through vermin like this, cowards who, after glassing people, don't even have the courage of conviction to be men and dignified in facing the consequences
  • Done Tunisia - red barn
    Panama - kings head tooting
    Belgium - red barn
    Colombia - red barn
    As @ValleyGary says pretty decent - If you get a good spot and they do 2 pinters.
  • Red Lion Winfith deepest Daarrzet
  • Unfortunately I will be watching Saturday at a leisure centre (kidsparty)

However and this will probably end up in a bullshit story to rival anything on here but I happen to know some brokers in the city who are rich as fuck and now talking about private jet and tickets for the final -8k all in which for me is a shed load of money but I would never ever do it again so tempted

They are actually decent lads as well so a bit tempted, asker next Thursday
  • Model Market in Lewisham is showing footy.
  • River Ale House in Woolwich Road SE10 is showing England games as are Rusty Bucket and GPO in Eltham. White Swan Charlton village hasn't got a mention on here, are people trying to keep that to themselves?
  • Tonbridge Angels stadium was good , built a marquee by the pitch and was rammed must have been 300 + in there, was great atmosphere in there and pints £2.50, Jugs £10, will continue to go there from now on.

A good venue. I've watched the last two England games there and the atmosphere is good.
  • Need to find somewhere in Austin Texas...
  • Went to the Red barn in Barnehurst for Columbia. Good atmosphere, no twats would go back
  • Sponsored links:

• agim said:

Went to the Red barn in Barnehurst for Columbia. Good atmosphere, no twats would go back

A heads up, Otto and CLB74 will be watching the game there Saturday.
  • Tonbridge Angels stadium was good , built a marquee by the pitch and was rammed must have been 300 + in there, was great atmosphere in there and pints £2.50, Jugs £10, will continue to go there from now on.

A good venue. I've watched the last two England games there and the atmosphere is good.
    Same again @Arsenetatters ? I will be there again, we were sitting by the bar inside on some chairs watching a side tv. Surprised how good it was, i'd say come say hi if you get a chance, Wear a retro 2003-2005 England shirt.
  • edited July 2018

clive said:

Carter said:

One of the local options for the residents of Medway is the command house. There is a video doing the rounds on social media of what happened last night. Pretty disgraceful behaviour however one of my mates features brining some wwf flavour to proceedings

Google command house fight

I'll be indoors for this one, air conditioning, big screen TV and a few pals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg7CihrxkDM
    Christ - what a bunch of chavs. Probably only had 2 pints of fosters each.
    Of which one of them they threw in the air. C**ts
  • Spare a thought for us Lifers having to work. I’ll be relying on a decent con positioning his TV at an angle which allows me to watch it from his cell door. There’ll be no beers for me unless I strike lucky in the morning and find some hooch.
  • I'm watching it in a bar in Dortmund, Germany, with a smug smile on my face, until we lose. Shouldn't be very busy!

Same again @Arsenetatters ? I will be there again, we were sitting by the bar inside on some chairs watching a side tv. Surprised how good it was, i'd say come say hi if you get a chance, Wear a retro 2003-2005 England shirt.
    @johnnybev1987 - yes will be going again on Saturday, starting with the Angels' first pre- season match (I think they've moved it to 12.30). Will look out for retro shirt!
  • agim said:

Went to the Red barn in Barnehurst for Columbia. Good atmosphere, no twats would go back

that's only because I've been swerving it while England are on
  • cafctom said:

Anglesea Arms in Woolwich was great last night. Lots of England songs before and after the game.

Might give that a go on Saturday.
    Or maybe the public market
  • agim said:

A heads up, Otto and CLB74 will be watching the game there Saturday.
    At least otto knows where the bar is.
  • A dark and dingey pub called The Garden on the island of Cheung Chau in Hong Kong. Not much in the way of horticulture but a few screens, fanatic Chinese fans and cheap beer. Looking forward to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• If penalties then in a dark room away from the TV...
  • The William Camden, Bexleyheath has been ok. Big screen, plus around 8 tv across the 2 bars and easy to get served. Plenty of doorman on, who (with the manager) have been dealing with the few dickheads really quickly. The pub will need a ceiling whitewash come the end of England's participation.
  • 1905 said:

The William Camden, Bexleyheath has been ok. Big screen, plus around 8 tv across the 2 bars and easy to get served. Plenty of doorman on, who (with the manager) have been dealing with the few dickheads really quickly. The pub will need a ceiling whitewash come the end of England's participation.

Because of your head scraping across it?
  • Looks like I will be watching it in hospital. They have clear instructions not to discharge me Saturday afternoon. Don't Want to be halfway down the M2. Could be worse. Could be in Scotland!
  • British Legion Greenhithe, 4 pint jugs of Fosters, £10
    Hoping to be both drunk (inevitable) and happy, circa 5-5:30pm
  • might watch it home, you can choose your company, beer and snack collection and no racist dickheads kicking off yelling at john stones to "hit it up tha fuckin pitch" everytime he gets it.
  • might watch it home, you can choose your company, beer and snack collection and no racist dickheads kicking off yelling at john stones to "hit it up tha fuckin pitch" everytime he gets it.

Where do you live the ghetto :wink:
  • edited July 2018
    agim said:

Had a blast in there for the Columbia game,brilliant atmosphere,meet loads of huggable loonies...no glasses being thrown either...thumbsup...:)

This time got me 8yr old daughter in tow along with a couple of mates who are in charge of their littleuns for this game too...so heading for the Yacht we think,throw them in the garden at half time...
  • Wig and Gown Dartford.