Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sweden v England

Comments

• Options

Look how many Croatians are on yellow cards...

If Croatia go through it would be nice if Rakitic and mandzukic pick up 2nd yellows.

Would love it if Neymar gets another yellow.
  • Options
    Any news on whose fit for the game? Walker pulled up badly, Kane, Alli, Vardy all apparently carrying something, and I feel i've forgotten some.
  • Options
    4-4-2. Wellbeck up top with Kane popped in my head during slumber last night.
    At first I thought it was a crazy idea, but it's growing on me.
    He'd be more of a presence than Stirling. Wouldn't get swallowed up as much by the Swedish giants and knows where the net is for England. I also believe RLC and Delph were on either flank.
  • Options

He'd be more of a presence than Stirling. Wouldn't get swallowed up as much by the Swedish giants and knows where the net is for England. I also believe RLC and Delph were on either flank.

Wellbeck doesn't even deserve to be in the squad, hope he doesn't even come on the pitch (prove me wrong please!)
  • Options

Have Uraguay been having counselling??
  • Options

If Croatia go through it would be nice if Rakitic and mandzukic pick up 2nd yellows.

Cards re wiped after the quarter finals.
  • Options
    masicat said:

But if they get a yellow in this game and are already on a yellow, they miss the semi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So we really want Croatia v Russia to be an ill-tempered battle :)
  • Options
    masicat said:

Yes i meant if they get cards in the quarters they then miss the semi.

Be nice if the Croatians get involved in a real battle with Russia, 120 minutes of niggly shit, with half the side picking up yellows and missing the semi final
  • Options

masicat said:

Yes i meant if they get cards in the quarters they then miss the semi.

Be nice if the Croatians get involved in a real battle with Russia, 120 minutes of niggly shit , with half the side picking up yellows, heavy knocks and missing the semi final
    Embellished that for you mate :wink: .
  • Options
    Tickets available on the Fifa website if anyone fancies a last minute 15hr flight to Samara.
  • Options
    And a spare 2k , flights are a joke
  • Options

Sterling, Sterling Sterling.
  • Options
    Just looking at the flights on sky scanner. Bit of a massive slog too.
    On the Fifa website now. Not bad price really.

• Options
    I know 4 people who have conditional Eng tickets for the quarters but can't afford to get there :(
  • Options
    Save your pennies for the semis and final, a lot cheaper and easier to get to Moscow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 at the back will be fine on Saturday as we have centre backs who can bring the ball out and bolster our midfield.

Indeed when Maguire is on one of his rampaging runs, he's more like an attacker!
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

This game is not a problem. Sweden are usually 4-4-2, we are 5-3-2 to 3-5-2. That gives us a 3 v 2 in the central midfield, which Sweden will have to solve, either by pulling a wide player inside or by getting the second striker Berg to play deeper to pick up our holding midfielder Henderson. This will then give us 3 Centre Backs up against Toivenen, allowing Maguire or Stones to come out and overload the central areas. Sweden will have to disrupt their system to play us and do not have the personnel to do it.

The only issues for us, will be 2 v 1 on the flanks if they push their full backs on alongside their wide players, to overload our wing backs, which can be covered by Walker on the right and Maguire on the left. If they do that, we can hit them on the break in the vacant full back areas and pull their big Centre Backs out. Or if Toivenen plays up against Walker and gives him problems with his height and size.

Southgate's system is perfect to deal with 4-4-2.

That makes a remarkable amount of sense.
  • Options

I know 4 people who have conditional Eng tickets for the quarters but can't afford to get there :(

Made enough friends on the coach to the Belgium game that I have a spare floor for the final when we get there.

I’ve got a final ticket, and three days to get there and two days to get back. Probably going via Turkey.
  • Options

Sterling, Sterling Sterling.
    Well you could play three of him.

Bet he still wouldn't score.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

This game is not a problem. Sweden are usually 4-4-2, we are 5-3-2 to 3-5-2. That gives us a 3 v 2 in the central midfield, which Sweden will have to solve, either by pulling a wide player inside or by getting the second striker Berg to play deeper to pick up our holding midfielder Henderson. This will then give us 3 Centre Backs up against Toivenen, allowing Maguire or Stones to come out and overload the central areas. Sweden will have to disrupt their system to play us and do not have the personnel to do it.

The only issues for us, will be 2 v 1 on the flanks if they push their full backs on alongside their wide players, to overload our wing backs, which can be covered by Walker on the right and Maguire on the left. If they do that, we can hit them on the break in the vacant full back areas and pull their big Centre Backs out. Or if Toivenen plays up against Walker and gives him problems with his height and size.

This will work as long as Alli (if fit) and Lingard keep to more central areas. Against Colombia, Alli seemed like he was playing left midfield. Completely ineffective out there.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

I think Henderson will see a lot of the ball on Saturday. They won’t want Toivenen getting isolated and inviting pressure, so can see Berg being told to stay as high as he can and Forsberg having to more donkey work than he will like or enjoy.

If Henderson does see more of the ball then it’s absolutely imperative that the front 4 have plenty of movement. JH is very good and passing between the lines and this is where we will hurt Sweden if it happens. Our wing backs should also see plenty of the ball as I can see their full backs not wanting to venture to far outside of their flat back 4.

As you say, we have the perfect system, we just need to make it count.
  • Options
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

That makes a remarkable amount of sense.
    Tut tut always talks a lot of sense. Knows his stuff.
  • Options
    Accomodation will be an issue too.