Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fawlty Towers at The Valley

Comments

• The owner is a flowery twat.
  • I'm only going if the major will be there
  • edited July 3
    My Mum and Dad went to one of these in Sidcup the other day for Dad's birthday.

They thought it was amazing and I'd say it's the best present we've ever got for him.

Highly recommend

Edit: Although if you're interested maybe see where else they are doing the event. We certainly didn't pay £55 per person!
  • DA9 said:

Comedy mirroring life, I mentioned the takeover once, but I think I got away with it.

https://cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b3a52209dedb/charlton-events-to-host-faulty-towers-themed-night-at-the-valley-in-september

Spelling. ;-)
  • The owner is a flowery twat.

I'm amazed they got away with that one, they wouldn't allow it pre watershed now!

• iainment said:

DA9 said:

Comedy mirroring life, I mentioned the takeover once, but I think I got away with it.

https://cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b3a52209dedb/charlton-events-to-host-faulty-towers-themed-night-at-the-valley-in-september

Spelling. ;-)
    Spelt the same on the photo on the OS, probably a copyright issue with the BBC etc
  • what other comedic themed nights can we suggest -

The Roland Family - where you sit around and watch Charlton games, on a live feed of course

Dinner Man - featuring Tony Keohane

One Pint of Knat's Piss and Twelve Vol au Vont's Please - with Sue Perks

Only Fools & Horses - The story of a wannabe spiv billionaire, his foolish brother Keohodney, and senile old uncle Murrbert
  • "There are too many chips on that plate"
  • Roland is the Basil Fawlty of professional football but less amusing
  • Sponsored links:

• Will Mr O'Reilly be called in to finish the training ground?
  • Faulty Towers as a tribute act name seems somewhat dubious though, in the aftermath of Grenfell......
  • DA9 said:

what other comedic themed nights can we suggest -

The Roland Family - where you sit around and watch Charlton games, on a live feed of course

Dinner Man - featuring Tony Keohane

One Pint of Knat's Piss and Twelve Vol au Vont's Please - with Sue Perks

Only Fools & Horses - The story of a wannabe spiv billionaire, his foolish brother Keohodney, and senile old uncle Murrbert
    Love Thy CEO
  • I believe (may be wrong) this is the company that John Cleese has (or had) a case going through the courts against. They have changed one letter in the name whilst blatantly ripping off the concept, story and characters.

As a firm believer that Fawlty Towers is the greatest sit com ever made, I will not be supporting them. Nor will I be financially supporting CAFC until he who must not be named has left.
  • Who is going to pay 55 quid for that????
  • edited July 4
    What nobbish research have they done to decide this is what is most appealing to their customers demographic?
    Does Tony still have a hotline to Katrien, the queen of amazing and money making ideas?
    I hear they’re showing Mary Poppins in the pitch the night before the glamour game against Rochdale, that’ll draw the crowds in too....
  • Who is going to pay 55 quid for that????

I have been to see it in the hotel above Charing Cross and thought it was great and very good value. Whilst it is hardly gourmet (it shouldn’t be for Fawlty Towers) remember you get an evening meal plus interactive theatre so it is hardly poor value. Try getting that in London for much less.

As I put in the takeover thread, back then you could also get a discount from Groupon and go through topcashback to Groupon so got quite a healthy reduction too.

If you look on Tripadvisor at its ratings it has very very good feedback and the few that gave it poor ratings were almost all tourists who clearly did not know Fawlty Towers and complained the food was chicken and chips and not Jamie Oliver’s quality.
  • edited July 4

I believe (may be wrong) this is the company that John Cleese has (or had) a case going through the courts against. They have changed one letter in the name whilst blatantly ripping off the concept, story and characters.

As a firm believer that Fawlty Towers is the greatest sit com ever made, I will not be supporting them. Nor will I be financially supporting CAFC until he who must not be named has left.

Two sides to every story and interesting to see that before threatening to sue for stealing the Fawlty Towers idea Cleese was encouraging young artists to do exactly that...

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/may/17/john-cleeses-attack-fawlty-towers-tribute-show-about-publicity-alison-pollard-mansergh

http://www.openculture.com/2015/12/john-cleeses-advice-to-young-artists.html
  • Roland you're a waste of space