Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Changing energy company

Just changing energy company from SSE. Had bill dated 28th June 2017
In credit electric £130.
In debit gas £127
Now got finel bill for switch date 28th June 2018
Electric same £130 Credit
Gas debit £269
How have I used £140 of gas in one day in this weather.
I can’t access my smart readings for gas now for some reason but I haven’t used hardly any for 3 months.
Has this happened to anyone else I think they owe me £3 not me owe them £140

Comments

• Charlton are going from LEB to Red Bull
  • I presume you meant 2018 ?
    Check your bills, check your usage and call them if you don't agree.
    There is usually a fee if you break a fixed contract earlier than 30 days to expiry.
  • My last 2 suppliers have been smaller companies, economy energy and utility point. No problems with either and obviously costs less so would advise anyone to leave the big names.
  • Just changing energy company from SSE. Had bill dated 28th June 2017
    In credit electric £130.
    In debit gas £127
    Now got finel bill for switch date 28th June 2018
    Electric same £130 Credit
    Gas debit £269
    How have I used £140 of gas in one day in this weather.
    I can’t access my smart readings for gas now for some reason but I haven’t used hardly any for 3 months.
    Has this happened to anyone else I think they owe me £3 not me owe them £140

I assume it's a typo given the rest of your post but one appears to be dated 28 June 2017 and the other 28 June 2018?
  • Yes sorry both dated 2018. No my contract has ended. So no fees. Used uswitch to change
  • Talal said:

My last 2 suppliers have been smaller companies, economy energy and utility point. No problems with either and obviously costs less so would advise anyone to leave the big names.

I switched to Economy Energy last year and have had nothing but trouble with them. Currently got the energy ombudsman looking at my complaint. Steer well clear of them in my opinion!

• Rizzo said:

Talal said:

My last 2 suppliers have been smaller companies, economy energy and utility point. No problems with either and obviously costs less so would advise anyone to leave the big names.

I switched to Economy Energy last year and have had nothing but trouble with them. Currently got the energy ombudsman looking at my complaint. Steer well clear of them in my opinion!

Fair enough! I change every year so was only with them for one but as I say no issues.
  • No gone to bulb.there was one cheaper but bulb had better customer rating. Also get £50 if I recommend anyone so if you all join bulb I might be able to complete this takeover and get rid of Roland
  • No gone to bulb.there was one cheaper but bulb had better customer rating. Also get £50 if I recommend anyone so if you all join bulb I might be able to complete this takeover and get rid of Roland

I've also changed to Bulb this year and they've been very good and the cheapest I could find.
  • Good to hear why didn’t you say could have been another £50 towards Roland out fund.