Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham sign former Charlton forward Brandon Hanlan

Comments

  • Good luck to him, did well at Bromley by all acounts but i'm slightly surprised a league 1 club has signed him
  • I thought this had already happened
  • I thought this had already happened

    So did I, but showing him signing today, presuming waiting for the end of June
  • Guaranteed to score the winner against us .
  • ross1 said:

    I thought this had already happened

    So did I, but showing him signing today, presuming waiting for the end of June
    He was just keeping his options open to see if Real Madrid made a late offer.
  • I championed Brandon last year but he didn't cut it in League 2 with Colchester and although a threat with his pace was no-where near as good as his first loan with Bromley. 33 appearances and 5 goals in League 2 and the National League tells it's own story.

    Wish him luck though. If he keeps his work ethic up and gets a chance I'd be happy to eat humble pie.
  • Steve Lovell knows a striker when he sees one.

    Physically imposing, quick and young too.

    Another anytime scorer bet sorted for next season...
  • LenGlover said:

    Steve Lovell knows a striker when he sees one.

    Physically imposing, quick and young too.

    Another anytime scorer bet sorted for next season...

    He worked with Hanlan as a kid @ Charlton though so that'll help
  • Might not even play for them. Gillingham have signed a few youngsters we've released in recent years and they don't always get a chance in their first team.
  • We may end up regretting letting both Hanlan and Lennon go.
    Especially without signing obvious improvements.
    They are young guys.
  • Sponsored links:


  • seth plum said:

    We may end up regretting letting both Hanlan and Lennon go.
    Especially without signing obvious improvements.
    They are young guys.

    Lennon when fit and given a run of games is definitely good enough for league one.
  • ross1 said:

    I thought this had already happened

    So did I, but showing him signing today, presuming waiting for the end of June
    He was just keeping his options open to see if Real Madrid made a late offer.
    Must have the same agent as Reeves :wink: .
  • Gillingham have re-signed former captain Barry Fuller after his release by AFC Wimbledon, while forward Brandon Hanlan has joined from Charlton.

    Right-back Fuller, 33, played 137 times for the Gills in his first spell between 2008-12, helping them win the League Two play-off final in 2009.

    He has made 457 league appearances and has agreed a one-year contract.

  • Surprised he's got a L1 gig. Didn't look that impressive when I saw him play for Bromley. He does fall to the floor like Neymar though.
  • drewman said:

    Surprised he's got a L1 gig. Didn't look that impressive when I saw him play for Bromley. He does fall to the floor like Neymar though.

    Falling to the floor is just the beginning of the action for Neymar.
  • Good luck to the lad.

    He will enjoy the pre-season squirrel and hedgehog barbeque...
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!