Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football quiz questions

123457»

Comments

• Ok, spoiler alert if still playing, but if you’re wondering, here are the 20 (+ 6 7 in Bonnie Scotland)...

England:

Albion
    Alexandra
    Argyle
    Athletic
    City
    County
    Dons
    End
    Forest
    Hotspur
    Palace
    Rangers
    Rovers
    Stanley
    Town
    United
    Vale
    Villa
    Wanderers
    Wednesday

+ additional Scots names:

Academical
    Fife
    Midlothian
    Morton
    Park
    South
    Thistle

Incidentally, until recently we also had:

Orient
    Redbridge

which could feasibly be back next year, or we may see some new additions like:

Moors (Solihull Moors)
    Waterlooville (Havant and Waterlooville)
    Wood (Boreham Wood - yes, two words)

There are plenty of other unique names in the divisions below the National league, so we’ll be waiting at least 2 years for any of those.
    Which leads me to a follow up question....

There’s another last name that has been in the football league this century which is now floundering 2 divisions below the league, in the 6th tier.
    Can you name the team?

Midlothian is a place name, too. The additional part is "Hearts" at the start. It's like if we were called Athletic of Charlton. "Fife" from East Fife definitely can't be included, they don't come from "East"!
  • Ok, spoiler alert if still playing, but if you’re wondering, here are the 20 (+ 6 7 in Bonnie Scotland)...

England:

Albion
    Alexandra
    Argyle
    Athletic
    City
    County
    Dons
    End
    Forest
    Hotspur
    Palace
    Rangers
    Rovers
    Stanley
    Town
    United
    Vale
    Villa
    Wanderers
    Wednesday

+ additional Scots names:

Academical
    Fife
    Midlothian
    Morton
    Park
    South
    Thistle

Incidentally, until recently we also had:

Orient
    Redbridge

which could feasibly be back next year, or we may see some new additions like:

Moors (Solihull Moors)
    Waterlooville (Havant and Waterlooville)
    Wood (Boreham Wood - yes, two words)

There are plenty of other unique names in the divisions below the National league, so we’ll be waiting at least 2 years for any of those.
    Which leads me to a follow up question....

There’s another last name that has been in the football league this century which is now floundering 2 divisions below the league, in the 6th tier.
    Can you name the team?

Midlothian is a place name, too. The additional part is "Hearts" at the start. It's like if we were called Athletic of Charlton. "Fife" from East Fife definitely can't be included, they don't come from "East"!
    Yeah, it's a place name, but when I wrote the question, I asked for "last name" not "additional part of the name". This is why I added in East Fife on reflection - I realised it was more similar to "Heart of Midlothian" which I'd included, so it needed to be consistent. If anything, you could argue that maybe St Johnstone and St Mirren should also be included, but I'd already stated that I hadn't counted these.
    It doesn't matter anyway. If you want to impose the restriction that last names don't count if they are the place name part of the name, then go for it. I don't own the question. :smiley:
  • Who is the most fouled player in League 1 this season?
    Which player has given away the most fouls in League this season?
  • edited December 2018

Who is the most fouled player in League 1 this season?

Taylor and Taylor
  • Is it the same player for both answers?
  • shirty5 said:

Who is the most fouled player in League 1 this season?

Taylor and Taylor
    Sorry to take the reply from you @cafcsinger but yes it is Taylor with both. Been fouled 56 times, committed 55 fouls.

Interestingly, Ricky Holmes has been fouled 52 times, even with how long he has been out injured this season. Think that shows that yes teams do take him out but he also plays the referees quite a lot whilst Taylor’s stats show he is very much in a battle every single game.
  • Give us a Prem question! Who is really interested in L1?
  • Four European cities have had three teams playing in the Champions League group stages.
    Name the four cities!
  • London
    Moscow
  • Sponsored links:

• madrid ?
    have Getafe ever made it?
  • Must be Athens rather than Madrid maybe. 
  • Correct.

London (Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs)
    Istanbul (Fenerbache, Besiktas, Galatasaray)
    Moscow (CSKA, Locomotiv, Spartak)
    Athens (AEK, Panathinaikos, Olympiacos)
  • edited December 2019
    Wrong thread
  • Wrong thread
    ?
  • Only four players have participated in both El Classico, the Manchester derby and the Merseyside derby. Name them!
  • Michael Owen is one
  • Steve McManaman?
  • edited May 2020
    Steve McManaman surely

He only played for 3 teams

Liverpool
    Madrid
    City

• edited May 2020
    Steve McManaman?
    Damn you beat me

I was making my answer to long haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas Anelka

Played 19 games for Real Madrid(surely one against Barca)

Played 20 games on loan for Liverpool(surely one against Everton)

Played for Man City
  • Correct.

McManaman
    Owen
    Anelka

One to go.
  • What about the player who has played in a Milan, Merseyside, Manchester and Glasgow derby?

Also the three who have played in Merseyside, Manchester and North London derbies?
  • I have another quiz question which I love, but it has 24 answers, so rather than clog up this thread, I’ll start a new one for it...
    here...
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/88940/quiz-question-england-internationals-playing-club-football-abroad/p1?new=1
  • edited May 2020
    What about the player who has played in a Milan, Merseyside, Manchester and Glasgow derby?

Also the three who have played in Merseyside, Manchester and North London derbies?
    Brian Kidd

• Sparky
    Correct. Mark Hughes
  • edited January 2021
    On Pointless. Monday 4/1/21 .. Name the clubs who have scored at Wembley in an FA Cup final since 1945 ?

No pointless answers .. bottom 2 .. Charlton 1 and our old pals 'Ull 1 .. no contestant said either .. Sunderland was the lowest with 4