Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum resuming 11 July

Comments

• Options
    does that mean that the bank are releasing 1/23 of the season ticket money per home game?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

It is not unusual for credit card companies to delay release of funds until the proximity of the delivery of service by the merchant. In the case of goods particularly mail order or internet purchases for example it is a requirement for there to be proof of despatch written into the merchant agreement before funds are released.

Where merchants discount their product via advance sales, airlines being the obvious example then the bank is carrying the risk until the service is delivered. Where there is doubt over the financial standing of the merchant funds will be withheld.

Whatever M.Duchatelets' failings his financial standing is not in question.

The situation here is quite simply the bank is on notice of a change of ownership and as a consequence will not release funds to the current owners on the basis such owners may not be in situ when the service has to be delivered.

They will take a view when the financial standing of the new owners, with whom they currently have no relationship, is known.

They are protecting themselves from any cardholder disputes under consumer credit law in the event there is a dispute arising from the sale of the club.

It is an entirely prudent measure.

It casts no aspersions on the financial standing of either M.Duchatelet or the Australians.

So does this mean if I decide to purchase a ST BEFORE the takeover, that money will not be released to the Club as a lump sum from the start of the season, rather drip feed throughout the season?
    Yes......they have been alerted to any application made in your name and will deal with it as an individual case.
  • Options
    "Around one month ago, the first document was lodged with the EFL but not all required documents have yet been submitted to the EFL. There are one or two still outstanding."

No rush guys, take your time.
  • Options

seth plum said:

So the breakfast thing is true.
    The club will 'look in to it'.
    Maybe the 11% saved in energy costs comes from not boiling a kettle for a breakfast cuppa.
    Maybe we get the press and TV to the gates of Sparrows Lane early in the morning as we fans offer the players cornflakes and bananas as they roll in in their Range Rovers, or as the younger ones walk in to work.

The club will look into its own management decision, brought to its attention by fans...
    You’d rather they didn’t? Not sure what else you would expect them to say publicly.

I don’t know any details on what breakfast actually amounts to and how used / liked / needed but concern raised and acknowledged is at least something that can be followed up on at next meeting. Even if no decision is reversed.

I do wonder if the footballing management team involved with those directly impacted forcefully gave feedback on this as I’d have thought that opinion is the one that matters. That’s more interesting to appreciate.

You don’t think that the guy who is nominally in charge of the business and has a brief to cut costs ought to be aware of a cost-cutting decision that has led to internal disquiet circulating in public?
    I didn’t read that he wasn’t aware of the cost cutting itself just not the debate on here!

Question remains do we know if the football management team supported this or otherwise voiced concerns. I just don’t know if it’s a big deal or not.

Sounds poor but if it’s not really used by those impacted maybe a non issue.

• Options
    edited July 2018

seth plum said:

Maybe the 11% saved in energy costs comes from not boiling a kettle for a breakfast cuppa.
    Maybe we get the press and TV to the gates of Sparrows Lane early in the morning as we fans offer the players cornflakes and bananas as they roll in in their Range Rovers, or as the younger ones walk in to work.

The club will look into its own management decision, brought to its attention by fans...
    You’d rather they didn’t? Not sure what else you would expect them to say publicly.

I don’t know any details on what breakfast actually amounts to and how used / liked / needed but concern raised and acknowledged is at least something that can be followed up on at next meeting. Even if no decision is reversed.

I do wonder if the footballing management team involved with those directly impacted forcefully gave feedback on this as I’d have thought that opinion is the one that matters. That’s more interesting to appreciate.

You don’t think that the guy who is nominally in charge of the business and has a brief to cut costs ought to be aware of a cost-cutting decision that has led to internal disquiet circulating in public?
    I didn’t read that he wasn’t aware of the cost cutting itself just not the debate on here!

Question remains do we know if the football management team supported this or otherwise voiced concerns. I just don’t know if it’s a big deal or not.

It would be compulsory, I should think.
  • Options
    Maybe the Aussies submitted all their documents to the EFL printed on sandpaper...
  • Options
    Maybe RDs paperwork was secured with duck/duct tape and the EFL have been struggling to open it for the past few weeks.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

an interesting read but poses as many questions as it answers. Mystery Consortium have NDA, Aussies do not, Club confirm Aussies have funds but do not do likewise for Mystery Consortium, Club confirms Aussies buying lock, stock and barrel but don't confirm similarly for Mystery Consortium.

I think Aussies have signed NDA
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I heard on the 6th June, the EFL had rejected it. My source was told a week before me. So the EFL rejected the Aussie bid at the end of May!

Heard EFL have rejected it
    in Sale of Charlton - (Pg 946 - Statement from Club "expecting a takeover of the club to be completed") Comment by Redhenry June 8

I think we knew that. On May 18th the matter was with the EFL, and the Aussies were expecting completion the week after, so by 25th May. That didn't happen. It was assumed by the end of the week ending 25th May that it was because of the EFL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

an interesting read but poses as many questions as it answers. Mystery Consortium have NDA, Aussies do not, Club confirm Aussies have funds but do not do likewise for Mystery Consortium, Club confirms Aussies buying lock, stock and barrel but don't confirm similarly for Mystery Consortium.

if so why can he talk about the Aussies but not the Mystery Bidders?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Because they issued a joint statement confirming negotiations. Both parties have agreed a form of words and therefore not in conflict with any NDA if it exists which presumably it would. The NDA is there to protect them both and if they want to go public on items and both agree no issue. .
  • Options
    Addickted said:

It is not unusual for credit card companies to delay release of funds until the proximity of the delivery of service by the merchant. In the case of goods particularly mail order or internet purchases for example it is a requirement for there to be proof of despatch written into the merchant agreement before funds are released.

Where merchants discount their product via advance sales, airlines being the obvious example then the bank is carrying the risk until the service is delivered. Where there is doubt over the financial standing of the merchant funds will be withheld.

Whatever M.Duchatelets' failings his financial standing is not in question.

The situation here is quite simply the bank is on notice of a change of ownership and as a consequence will not release funds to the current owners on the basis such owners may not be in situ when the service has to be delivered.

They will take a view when the financial standing of the new owners, with whom they currently have no relationship, is known.

They are protecting themselves from any cardholder disputes under consumer credit law in the event there is a dispute arising from the sale of the club.

It is an entirely prudent measure.

It casts no aspersions on the financial standing of either M.Duchatelet or the Australians.

So does this mean if I decide to purchase a ST BEFORE the takeover, that money will not be released to the Club as a lump sum from the start of the season, rather drip feed throughout the season?
    AS long as you buy it on credit card it would appear so
  • Options

I still think mentioning the 'other party" smell fishy. Easy to hide behind "there is an NDA in place" so can't say anymore. If they want to be serious about buying us & are vying with the Aussies (who like miles ahead) then why don't they go public ?

Also "LB has met the potential new owners". We know the Aussies agreed to him being caretaker manager so has he met the other lot too & have they agreed to him being cm ?? No, doubt it as they don't exist.

I share your doubts that there are currently alternative interested parties.
    Still wouldn't be surprised if the quisling murray was trying to pull together a consortium
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

There is an agreement with the Aussies as to what can and can't be said, The mystery bid however only exists in a few peoples minds so consequently not much can be disclosed.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

Not using a main dealer but doing their own maintenance I expect.

• Options
    The mystery bidders are Mr Cloak and Mr Dagger.
    I hope I don't get in trouble for revealing this
  • Options
    More likely to be the Chuckle Brothers knowing our luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Lee Bowyer has a budget and the club is aiming for promotion."

Complete nonsense. How can it in its current state?
    This whole saga looks like it still has a fair few f*** ups in it yet.
  • Options

seth plum said:

It would be compulsory, I should think.
    Sorry don’t follow. Are you suggesting it’s compulsory to provide breakfast they cut it anyway and no one on the football side was able to persuade them not to ?
  • Options
    Can you remember when we aimed for promotion with a top three budget, remember those amazing swash buckling days, now it’s just a budget.
    But they still have the same expectation and they will get probably the same result zzzzzZzzzz
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Different terms within the NDA?
  • Options
    Nice one RW