Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum resuming 11 July

Comments

• Options
    Well maybe, but even in a well run club, if you have a group of people in a meeting people will remember different bits and have slightly different interpretations to different things said so makes sense to have minutes and a joint statement. I really do not see the issue.
  • Options

Don’t see the big deal about waiting until tomorrow to get minutes agreed by everyone about what was said.

If the club try to doctor them and put a false representation then I am sure those fans whom attended will say pretty loudly and put the record straight at that point.

Some people need calm down a little.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a relationship between club and fans where the club were trusted to put out a full and honest account of the meeting, without needing it to be signed off by all and sundry...
    It’s nothing to do about agreed minutes. This is about the ONLY People who care about the club having access to information. This football club have zero respect for us. Zero. Absolute zero. Why because of some un fecking believable belief that they owe the club a duty of silence until the club decide to tell us what they want to tell us is infuriating. Stop looking at your position as fans representatives as a club gift. Grow some bollocks and do what is right for the real CAFC.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Missed It said:

Everybody needs to put away their screaming internet entitlement behaviour.

Oh don’t be such a Prat!
  • Options
    The club do not have the balls to make it an open discussion for all supporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roll back 6 months and I'd have been on tenterhooks waiting for what happened at this meeting. Now? Well now there's no emotion. Apathy has set in big time. Just like STVV fans. I'm starting to think Roland has beaten me.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Missed It said:

Oh don’t be such a Prat!
    I'm not the one having a tantrum about having to wait 24 hours before being told what went on in a meeting . Some people need to get a grip of themselves
    A tantrum....oh I hadn’t realised.......silly me!
  • Options

Missed It said:

Missed It said:

Oh don’t be such a Prat!
    I'm not the one having a tantrum about having to wait 24 hours before being told what went on in a meeting . Some people need to get a grip of themselves
    A tantrum....oh I hadn’t realised.......silly me!
    To be honest, it was other people's post that were getting on my nerves. You were generally being quite reasonable.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Roll back 6 months and I'd have been on tenterhooks waiting for what happened at this meeting. Now? Well now there's no emotion. Apathy has set in big time. Just like STVV fans. I'm starting to think Roland has beaten me.

A year or two ago we'd have done anything to be in a situation where a buyer has come along and made an acceptable bid etc. We can't be far away now surely.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

A year or two ago we'd have done anything to be in a situation where a buyer has come along and made an acceptable bid etc. We can't be far away now surely.
    The season starts in a few weeks and the transfer window closes.
    Do you think the takeover will have happened by then.
    Because if not next season is going to be mediocre at best.
  • Options
    Minutes on official site.
  • Options

12pm today it is then. Disappointed about the badge change and relocation to erith.
  • Options

Interesting read. Hold up is due to EFL awaiting some documentation from the Aussies then. Another consortium still around too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we are going to like what we hear from the meeting. Just be patient guys.
  • Options
    All on the Aussie end, one or two documents left that need to be submitted then done
  • Options
    So the Australian consortium still hasn't been cleared by the EFL.
    How long does it take for goodness sake.
  • Options
    So, everyone can calm down now.

New information? Yes

More detail? Yes

Can we believe the regime? No, of course not, they lie constantly but it is more info than we had yesterday.

When it's on the official site.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

All on the Aussie end, one or two documents left that need to be submitted then done

According to the regime.
  • Options

Addickted said:

The meeting was attended by representatives of Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust, City Addicks, Maidstone and the Weald Supporters Group, Bromley Addicks, the Reminiscence Group and Valley Gold.

Never heard of the Reminiscence Group before. Would love to think they sit there at meetings misty eyed and saying "I remember when this was all fields..." and other such sentiments.
    They've been around more than 25 years.

Many years ago, I bought a paperback book of photos and memories produced by the group.
    I've still got it somewhere.