Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum resuming 11 July

Comments

• Options

Worryingly for me, is the fact that RD’s man is in attendance, the guy supposedly negotiating the takeover. Could it be that the takeover has finally hit the buffers and he is attending to deny it was RD’s fault as a first shot at saving RD’s face?
    I really want to be wrong, but I fear the worst. Another false dawn, another season of RD’s tenure and mismanagement! League 2 anyone?

I imagine that it'll be more of the usual comments

"Takeover ongoing, expect it to be finished soon, no specific date etc"
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Worryingly for me, is the fact that RD’s man is in attendance, the guy supposedly negotiating the takeover. Could it be that the takeover has finally hit the buffers and he is attending to deny it was RD’s fault as a first shot at saving RD’s face?
    I really want to be wrong, but I fear the worst. Another false dawn, another season of RD’s tenure and mismanagement! League 2 anyone?

I imagine that it'll be more of the usual comments

"Takeover ongoing, expect it to be finished soon, no specific date etc"
    As long as they do not say, "no takeover, you are stuck with RD", I don't mind what they say
  • Options
    I’m normally fairly pessimistic on these things, but I can’t see it being the worse news as the thread was started over two weeks ago, and we had denials since then by club and the Aussies.
  • Options
    Fan as I am of the Fans Forum (that would serve a useful purpose under a normal regime) I think we are in danger of giving too much importance to it and this meeting.

Looking forward to learning what was discussed but I'm not expecting anything earth shattering.

• Options
    If the 'Fans Forum' were being conducted in the spirit of the recent 'joint statement' (both "expecting a takeover of the club to be completed") then wouldn't it be expected that the Aussies would be present as well as RD's man?
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

If the 'Fans Forum' were being conducted in the spirit of the recent 'joint statement' (both "expecting a takeover of the club to be completed") then wouldn't it be expected that the Aussies would be present as well as RD's man?

Yep.
  • Options
    I don't expect anything positive from this meeting.
    Just a load of waffle saying things are on going.
    Hope I'm wrong though.
  • Options
    Finished a minute ago. Where's the update?
  • Options

Sworn to silence, I'm afraid :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Sworn to silence, I'm afraid :smile:
    Is that true? Or just a wind up?

If true what does any fan owe the shower in charge. Certainly not silence.
  • Options
    Heard big celebrations going on at present at East Kent Addicks though.

Scenes.
  • Options

Can't believe that Roland and Muir were both present and then signed the deal in front of the fans.

The big surprise was that Muir has got Red Bull on board, so the name change and peninsula move are back on.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Heard big celebrations going on at present at East Kent Addicks though.

Scenes.

That probably means RD is staying, splitters.
  • Options
    I think takeover rumours were only ever circulated to dissipate protests myself.

Rubberbloke played a blinder. We're all too apathetic and pissed off to give a toss now.
  • Options
    I saw white smoke, rising from the Valley
  • Options

I’m hoping that Killer Jerry Lee will be available......I think I’m right in saying he’ll be there representing Bromley Addicks if he is.
    A very accomplished debater who has an unquestionably forceful way of letting you know if he’s being spun bullshit.
    If you are going to be there KJL (and any others of course), I hope you’ll ask some ‘awkward’ questions and convey our displeasure at the basket case scenario that has befallen us Addicks over the last 4 years!

@rikofold did a very good job in the one of these that was filmed.
  • Options
    It was all pretty positive. But I don't think Juventus fans will be happy. They were convinced they'd got their man. But I suppose money talks.

Looking forward to seeing the #welcomeCR hashtag trending.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

razil said:

Cut backs appear to have extended to tea and biscuits for meetings, and air conditioning..

:(

Also there was no official agenda sent out as such for this one.

It was a fairly intense meeting. The record taken by Tom Rubashow and (it was agreed) checked by Richard Wiseman (CAS Trust Chair) will come out later.

Please can you confirm who was the most stupid person in the room?
    It depends on who turned up .
  • Options
    me more than likely..
  • Options
    The new signing will upset a few on here but he’s a good player at this level.
  • Options

Can't believe that Roland and Muir were both present and then signed the deal in front of the fans.

No, neither can I :wink:
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Rojo
  • Options

Scoham said:

Rojo
    I said few not everyone and good not bad!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Would it be a little presumptions to ask if the takeover is still proceeding? Or was it not discussed?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Ched Evans?? Saw us rumoured with him the other day
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Scoham said:

Ched Evans?? Saw us rumoured with him the other day
    5 goals in 34 games over two seasons since he got out over two seasons. Bring back Spongefoot! Hope it is a Palace or Millwall player.
  • Options
    razil said:

Cut backs appear to have extended to tea and biscuits for meetings, and air conditioning..

:(

Also there was no official agenda sent out as such for this one.

It was a fairly intense meeting. The record taken by Tom Rubashow and (it was agreed) checked by Richard Wiseman (CAS Trust Chair) will come out later.

Was there an argument about the lack of vegan options on matchdays?