Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colombia v England - Tues 3rd July 7pm

Comments

• Options

stuck a 5 quid free bet on england 3-1 come on lads

Free bet? You absolute mad man.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I rate Southgate but I think the main issue with Sterling is that he has played him upfront / off of Kane. That's not his position.
  • Options

I rate Southgate but I think the main issue with Sterling is that he has played him upfront / off of Kane. That's not his position.

Yet Sterling seems to work better in Southgate's system than Rashford or Vardy

I think thats the telling thing with our World Cup this year - We're prioritising the system over the players for once
  • Options

1-0 Falcao goal just before half time, we labour through the second half and never look like scoring. Goes down as ‘the best chance we will ever get to go to a World Cup final’ even though we get exposed as being worse than Colombia etc.

Or we turn it on Euro 96 v Holland style, Kane grabs a hat trick and we move on to the most winnable quarter final we could ever get vs Sweden or Switzerland.........

Which one will it be?

Sweden:-;

• Options

Yet Sterling seems to work better in Southgate's system than Rashford or Vardy

I think thats the telling thing with our World Cup this year - We're prioritising the system over the players for once
    Exactly. No argument from me there at all. I like Sterling and it's not all about goals. He contributes to the team. The only way that could change maybe is dropping Sterling, pushing Dele or Lingard further up and bringing Loftus-Cheek, Delph (when he's back), or maybe Dier in alongside Henderson. Another alternative could actually be Welbeck in that current Sterling role.
  • Options
    Shitting myself... Ain't been this nervous since playoffs
  • Options
    I think the Belgium game, and Rashford's poor finishing, ensured Sterling will start again tonight!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Me too, I am shaking with nerves, going through a hot flush and nearly cut my fingers off slicing some mushrooms.
  • Options
    Jesus Christ I can’t stop pacing about.

This is massive, the biggest England game in god knows how long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Before the world cup began, I never thought I'd be sat here thinking this could be our chance. Not after being at numerous of our qualifiers
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

CAFCsayer said:

Me too, I am shaking with nerves, going through a hot flush and nearly cut my fingers off slicing some mushrooms.
    Relax - you are forgetting we are playing Columbia and we are England.

Oh shit ......
    Don't effing tell me to relax, you relax.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

CAFCsayer said:

Oh shit ......
    I share your pain!

• Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

CAFCsayer said:

Oh shit ......
    I share your pain!

I need to go and run around in the street and shout a lot.
  • Options
    Too many people looking ahead to quarter finals and so on. Never a good sign for me. Giving me a bad feeling about this.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Ooo what's for dinner?
  • Options

Too many people looking ahead to quarter finals and so on. Never a good sign for me. Giving me a bad feeling about this.

Every fan of every team dreams of the next round. The team seems focussed and them doing their job is all that matters.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Ooo what's for dinner?
    Mushrooms
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rodriguez starts on bench for Colombia.
  • Options
    No James for Colombia.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Ooo what's for dinner?
    Mushrooms
    Just making a nice tea out of them...
  • Options
    James Rodrigues NOT even on the bench!!!!!!
  • Options

Oh, thought he was on bench.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Ooo what's for dinner?
    Well I am here with @JamesSeed learning what wines and puddings go with magic mushroom tea.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    WSS said:

Oh, thought he was on bench.
    may be wrong but on BBC just said he isn't even on bench....
  • Options
    Rodrigues not even on the bench. I was convinced he'd play.

That is huge!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Not sure why they wouldn't just name him on the bench even if he is crocked. You're not limited on the number of subs you can name...
  • Options
    How can he not be on the bench, has he gone home?