Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland, Or someone who thinks their clever cancelled Christmas ( sorry kids breakfast)!

Comments

• Options
    Oops need new specs....

So Valley Cold - Charlton ‘Breakfast’ Club

There you go. Perhaps Valley Gold can chip in, and maybe some CARD funds?
  • Options
    If you don't provide a breakfast, a lot of these kids will just skip it or worse, grab a McDonalds breakfast on the way in.

Count me in for any fundraiser.
  • Options

razil said:

Oops need new specs....

CARD don't have funds but there is the protest fund which is not run by CARD.

Regardless, I can't see the point of protest funds being spent to cover cuts made by Roland and which Roland should be paying.

I also suspect that, if Roland does feck off soon, this will be just the tip of the iceberg in terms of cuts.
    You think cuts will get worse after RD? Worrying
  • Options
    Does anyone else think it’s worthwhile? Pm me if so
  • Options
    In the meantime, what does the PFA have to say about this?

Imagine for a moment that TFL had decided to bin a perk for its tube drivers - how quickly would the strike be announced?

My rudimentary knowledge of employment law suggests that whether or not something is written into a contract, if it becomes "custom and practice" then the employer is obliged to continue with it or provide compensation as it is deemed to have become part of the contract of employment.

So, if this is impacting upon junior members of the playing staff (or other staff) who have contracts, that is any player over 17 presumably, then the club will have left themselves open to action.

I reckon the senior players should take action in solidarity, like the threat of a 24 hr strike coinciding with the Welling friendly maybe.....
  • Options

@Pico @razil & co

When is the next Fams Forum?

I’ll ask
  • Options
    seth plum said:

CE there are ways of cutting costs that don't reduce us to even more of a laughing stock than cutting the breakfasts surely?
    This is yet another shameful embarrassment.
    First home game a ninja squad of fans ought to invade the boardroom with doggie bags and liberate the food for the players.
    Perhaps we could set up a food bank outside the stadium for breakfast food donations, would garner publicity.
    This news really does make us Charlton Pathetic.

a Boardroom sit-in would be a good protest idea, can't be that hard to get in.

• Options

seth plum said:

CE there are ways of cutting costs that don't reduce us to even more of a laughing stock than cutting the breakfasts surely?
    First home game a ninja squad of fans ought to invade the boardroom with doggie bags and liberate the food for the players.
    Perhaps we could set up a food bank outside the stadium for breakfast food donations, would garner publicity.

We'd be the only ones in there as no one running the club.

No one would notice for a week until the cleaner came in!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

razil said:

Oops need new specs....

Regardless, I can't see the point of protest funds being spent to cover cuts made by Roland and which Roland should be paying.

I also suspect that, if Roland does feck off soon, this will be just the tip of the iceberg in terms of cuts.
    Are you saying you're expecting the new owner(s) (whoever they turn out to be) to make more cuts, or that we'll find out about more cuts Roland made once he has eventually left?

• Options

seth plum said:

We'd be the only ones in there as no one running the club.

No one would notice for a week until the cleaner came in!
    You won't see a cleaner. Been promoted to work on the club legal team I understand.
  • Options

razil said:

Oops need new specs....

You think cuts will get worse after RD? Worrying
    Alright smartarse, now edited to "doesn't" ; - )
  • Options
    edited June 2018

razil said:

Oops need new specs....

I also suspect that, if Roland doesnt feck off soon, this will be just the tip of the iceberg in terms of cuts.
    Thank you Henners.

As a matter of policy, anyone calling them "CARD funds" aint getting bugger all :wink:
  • Options
    Scoham said:

razil said:

Oops need new specs....

Are you saying you're expecting the new owner(s) (whoever they turn out to be) to make more cuts, or that we'll find out about more cuts Roland made once he has eventually left?

No, I just typed "does" when I meant "doesn't"
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    When the vol au vents are removed from the boardroom, then we will really know that the shit has hit the fan.
  • Options
    Don't worry Lee is taking them down to McDs every morn...i... oh fuck!
  • Options
    The very people who should be eating healthily will now be getting brekkie at Mc Dees on the way to training.
    Shambles.
  • Options
    I agree fans should not simply pay for the breakfasts out of the protest fund or even a separate collection - we need a campaign to shame Roland in public. Preferably one which can be modified to encompass any other daft petty cost-saving ideas which are introduced.

If Roland is still connected in any way with CAFC next season, I like Seth's idea of a food bank collection at a home game, to highlight the situation - the food going to a local food bank afterwards. Win-win for protest publicity and the local community.

Can someone more gifted than me think of a media eye-catching way of using the idea of RD killing the goose that laid the golden egg of the transfer fees he has got from our academy graduates? I have a hunch that it could be another "pink piggies" moment - and maybe we could even revisit them as representing bacon to go along with the eggs? Then there is the way Roland has habitually treated the fans like mushrooms...

According to Trip Advisor, Stayen Hotel does not itself provide breakfasts. Customers are advised to use the Grand Café in the complex. Perhaps some handy parallels could be drawn? As well as contrasts to Melexis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe the Club vol au vent budget could be slashed and diverted to academy breakfasts?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

When the vol au vents are removed from the boardroom, then we will really know that the shit has hit the fan.

Apparently supporters have to bring their own loo paper to games as well now. I suppose the shit will have hit the fan then.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

I agree fans should not simply pay for the breakfasts out of the protest fund or even a separate collection - we need a campaign to shame Roland in public. Preferably one which can be modified to encompass any other daft petty cost-saving ideas which are introduced.

If Roland is still connected in any way with CAFC next season, I like Seth's idea of a food bank collection at a home game, to highlight the situation - the food going to a local food bank afterwards. Win-win for protest publicity and the local community.

Can someone more gifted than me think of a media eye-catching way of using the idea of RD killing the goose that laid the golden egg of the transfer fees he has got from our academy graduates? I have a hunch that it could be another "pink piggies" moment - and maybe we could even revisit them as representing bacon to go along with the eggs? Then there is the way Roland has habitually treated the fans like mushrooms...

According to Trip Advisor, Stayen Hotel does not itself provide breakfasts. Customers are advised to use the Grand Café in the complex. Perhaps some handy parallels could be drawn? As well as contrasts to Melexis.

you are doing pretty well for someone "less gifted" ..carry on we re listening
  • Options
    Set-up a soup kitchen by the main gates to Sparrows Lane one morning and invite the press. Job done.
  • Options
    Bacon, fried egg, coffee, pancake stack, sauce bottles, yogurt, etc stress balls projectiles are available.
    My favourite? A nice Valley chef's hat with the phrase "Bringing Fresh Ideas To The Table" helpfully included.

https://1001stressballs.com/food-and-drinks/c-11
  • Options
    Smacks completely of the unfortunate management that blights our times where some conker is just looking at a spreadsheet of costs working out which one to cut to meet their objectives, with absolutely no clue of what it impacts.

Chances are these kids will either turn up hungry or late as the queue in McDs took longer than expected.
  • Options
    They're not their.
  • Options
    Can someone correct the grammar in the thread title, please?
  • Options
    Why does everyone assume all the youngsters will be buying McDonalds every morning if breakfast isn't provided to them? Think we should give them a bit more credit - if they are trying to make it as professional footballers it seems to me that the kids shoving that crap into their bodies probably aren't all that serious about becoming a proper professional anyway.

Doesn't mean I agree with the cut by the way just making the point.