Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland, Or someone who thinks their clever cancelled Christmas ( sorry kids breakfast)!

Comments

• Any idea how much that costs, surely we can all put some money to make sure the young lads get it.

Soneone set up a just giving page, show the young lads us fans care

My work don't pay for me to get a free breakfast. How much are these lads gonna be on? Just have breakfast at home.
  • It's not good, but let's be honest, if the young men were at school, uni or work, I don't think they would be getting a free breakfast.
    Especially if said school, uni or business were losing £10M pa.
    Sorry, to piss on your corn flakes.

Schools provide breakfast club for children in the situation of not getting one at home, in these days of the general public expecting too much it's a basic requirement.
  • The bully boy Keohane ....... A horrible man >

Man?

• N01R4M said:

We may have laughed at Slade and his pride in introducing table cloths to the players' dining room, but at least he was recognising the important potential of eating together as a way of contributing towards good team spirit.

Would we prefer our youngsters to eat a nutritionally balanced breakfast together, setting good habits for their future lives as professional sportsmen, and helping them achieve and maintain peak fitness, or are we happy for them to consume some fast-food rubbish on the hoof on their way to training?

Long term, this cutback - if the rumour is true - is the epitome of "penny wise pound foolish", and screams lack of intelligent foresight.

I agree. But the long term future of our beloved club must be the last thing RD cares about.
  • I think this is a disgrace and is a very media friendly disgrace too. We should seek to make the most of it.

The most important issue is what Airman has referred to, the importance of diet, especially with kids who are still growing. As it is, English football has been slow to catch up with the importance of this.

Well, a good place to start would be a comparison with the "perks" available at Melexis. A stark difference there I think.

https://glassdoor.co.in/Benefits/Melexis-Belgium-Benefits-EI_IE40956.0,7_IL.8,15_IN25.htm

It seems staff in Belgium get just about everything either free or at a discount - including a food allowance.

Does anyone know how Glass Door works? Is it possible to do a "Trip Advisor"?
  • Sponsored links:

• @Pico @razil & co

When is the next Fams Forum?
  • Didn't they scrap the breakfast for all the staff on matchdays too? Must have been nice for everybody who'd been at the ground since first thing to see Daisy rock up just in time for her free lunch.
  • Missed It said:

Didn't they scrap the breakfast for all the staff on matchdays too? Must have been nice for everybody who'd been at the ground since first thing to see Daisy rock up just in time for her free lunch.

They did
  • @Pico @razil & co

Waiting to hear:

Of all the things to cut this does seem petty.

I’ve no doubt it stems from Roland ultimately setting a budget but it’s management who I suspect have made the decision where to cut.
  • My life!!!
  • My life!!!

Roland took your breakfast away?
  • edited June 2018
    Rob7Lee said:

@Pico @razil & co

Waiting to hear:

Of all the things to cut this does seem petty.

I’ve no doubt it stems from Roland ultimately setting a budget but it’s management who I suspect have made the decision where to cut.
    Has the appearance of Burger Boy's MO to me.
  • Scoham said:

My life!!!

Roland took your breakfast away?
    He couldn't afford my breakfasts. Even if he could I wouldn't expect him to pay for them just because he pays for the breakfasts of more important people than me.
  • Anyone know what other cuts have been imposed? Has there been another round of redundancies imposed on the staff?
  • Sponsored links:

• HarryLime said:

What has Kehone done other than overseeing a trench being dug in Eltham. Get rid of him and the money saved on his wages pays for some breakfasts.
    Job done

He also has a great big f*ck off company car paid for by the club.
  • News today that those not in the first team squad have to use the trench diggers portaloo, and supply their own bog paper.
  • edited June 2018
    N01R4M said:

We may have laughed at Slade and his pride in introducing table cloths to the players' dining room, but at least he was recognising the important potential of eating together as a way of contributing towards good team spirit.

Would we prefer our youngsters to eat a nutritionally balanced breakfast together, setting good habits for their future lives as professional sportsmen, and helping them achieve and maintain peak fitness, or are we happy for them to consume some fast-food rubbish on the hoof on their way to training?

Long term, this cutback - if the rumour is true - is the epitome of "penny wise pound foolish", and screams lack of intelligent foresight.

Roland has always been pennywise pound foolish. Obviouly, he doesn't care about their progression/future as he won't be here. If the staff have been told to slash costs to try and reduce a £10M pa loss, then that's what will happen. Mind you as fans we can't have it both ways. Complaining about the masive debt he is wracking up & then moaning when he takes action to try and reduce the annual losses. Obviously, this shouldn't be viewed in isolation. Let's hope the takeover happens soon.
  • edited June 2018
    CE there are ways of cutting costs that don't reduce us to even more of a laughing stock than cutting the breakfasts surely?
    This is yet another shameful embarrassment.
    First home game a ninja squad of fans ought to invade the boardroom with doggie bags and liberate the food for the players.
    Perhaps we could set up a food bank outside the stadium for breakfast food donations, would garner publicity.
    This news really does make us Charlton Pathetic.
  • N01R4M said:

Roland has always been pennywise pound foolish. Obviouly, he doesn't care about their progression/future as he won't be here. If the staff have been to slash costs to try and reduce a £10M pa loss, then that's what will happen. Mind you as fans we can't have it both ways. Complaining about the masive debt hr is wracking up & then mosning when he takes action to try and reduce the annual losses. Obviously, this shouldn't be viewed in isolation.
    The issue is this actually won't actually save anything meaningful, the same staff are there serving as normal for the first team. This certainly won't slash costs. Better buying , outsourcing , rates, additional ways to bring revenue , that's what they need. The management as has been quoted elsewhere are out of their depth and have no clue how to manage costs.
  • seth plum said:

News today that those not in the first team squad have to use the trench diggers portaloo, and supply their own bog paper.

That's taking the piss
  • How much money is this actually saving the club?

Need to pay for the training in Portugal. Every little helps.
  • cafcfan said:

I think this is a disgrace and is a very media friendly disgrace too. We should seek to make the most of it.

The most important issue is what Airman has referred to, the importance of diet, especially with kids who are still growing. As it is, English football has been slow to catch up with the importance of this.

Well, a good place to start would be a comparison with the "perks" available at Melexis. A stark difference there I think.

https://glassdoor.co.in/Benefits/Melexis-Belgium-Benefits-EI_IE40956.0,7_IL.8,15_IN25.htm

It seems staff in Belgium get just about everything either free or at a discount - including a food allowance.

Does anyone know how Glass Door works? Is it possible to do a "Trip Advisor"?
    Glass door is very similair to TripAdvisor. Workers leave anonymous reviews of companies they have/do work at. The idea being any one who's got an oppurtunity to work at that company get a feel before it before deciding to accept a job offer.
  • Once again club penny pinching but being pound stupid. Roland’s regime in a nutshell.
  • TripAdvisor have reopened 'Write a review' for Hotel Stayen. I wonder if they do free breakfasts.