Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Away loyalty scheme

13»

Comments

• Options

clive said:

Tickets bought on the day at the ground are not added to the loyalty scheme.

So when I asked the staff will it be added and she said yes.

lol

Why can we not get staff who know what they are doing

clive said:

Tickets bought on the day at the ground are not added to the loyalty scheme.

So when I asked the staff will it be added and she said yes.

lol

Why can we not get staff who know what they are doing
    That would spoil all the fun.
  • Options
    Charlton fans who have supported Lee Bowyer’s Addicks during 2018/19 will have their loyalty points carried over into next season. 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5caf562aa25da/loyalty-points-to-be-carried-over-into-201920
  • Options
    but will it not be the same problem, as a st will have 460 points and even if you done every away game you will be starting the season on 260 points
  • Options
    clive said:
    Charlton fans who have supported Lee Bowyer’s Addicks during 2018/19 will have their loyalty points carried over into next season. 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5caf562aa25da/loyalty-points-to-be-carried-over-into-201920
    Translation: Please buy season tickets.
  • Options
    but will it not be the same problem, as a st will have 460 points and even if you done every away game you will be starting the season on 260 points
    Handy for me though 
    I have 330 points and will not be buying a season ticket , so if we do go up and a couple of thousand come back I'll be better off than them
  • Options
    Every match went on general sale this season.
  • Options
    Dont see this as fair,my wife and I are season ticket holders but do not go away very often.This system means we would have preference for a top away game over a non season ticket holder who does the hard miles and goes everywhere.
    THIS .. I go to very few Valley games but a lot away .. the scheme is surely aimed to encourage people to buy season tickets and to join Valley Gold .. on the other hand though, your season ticket money goes to the club (irrespective of the owner etc) whereas from my few quid, CAFC as an entity earns almost nothing 
  • Options
    If you look at the system without the Rolly factor, it is totally fair. Those that give the greater amount of money to the club get the biggest benefits.

What the club needs to do next is introduce another category before general sale to recognise not just those who go to away games, but those who do not buy a season ticket as they are not able to commit to a season ticket due to non availability every Saturday or don’t have the money, but go to games quite regularly. 

One of of my friends and his son are missing out on Gillingham as tickets had all gone by the time he was home. Has been to about half the home matches and 4 or 5 always. That extra phase would have really made a difference.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Redrobo said:
    If you look at the system without the Rolly factor, it is totally fair. Those that give the greater amount of money to the club get the biggest benefits.

What the club needs to do next is introduce another category before general sale to recognise not just those who go to away games, but those who do not buy a season ticket as they are not able to commit to a season ticket due to non availability every Saturday or don’t have the money, but go to games quite regularly. 

One of of my friends and his son are missing out on Gillingham as tickets had all gone by the time he was home. Has been to about half the home matches and 4 or 5 always. That extra phase would have really made a difference.
    If your friend was unable to use the internet or phone at any point in the day, couldn't you have bought them for him ?

NB he was eligible to buy but couldn't so an extra day wouldn't have helped him. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I don't agree robbo.
    I text a mate last Tuesday 10 days ago to tell him he should be able to get his ticket beginning of this week. 
    I rang him on the day they went on general sale and he hasn't bought his , i told him they would sell out that day.
    Did your friend have no one who could of got him a ticket before general sale.
    Also did he not get a lunch break the day of general sale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

If your friend was unable to use the internet or phone at any point in the day, couldn't you have bought them for him ?

NB he was eligible to buy but couldn't so an extra day wouldn't have helped him. 
    I would have happily bought them for him, but he was trying to sort 8 tickets and a couple were dithering. Told him to book those who were certainties, but he thought he had loads more time as they have never sold out so quickly.

The extra day would have helped as they would not have sold out and he could have at least bought for the 3 that go regularly.

Does any of the above change the principle though?

We can choose to ignore occasional fans and those who attend away games, or include them in the scheme and incentive the scheme.

I am in favour of the latter.

p.s. If you have any spares for the Gills game plse pm me. Thanks.
  • Options
    I will sell my points.  £1000 per point.  Seems like a perfectly reasonable valuation.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

I would have happily bought them for him, but he was trying to sort 8 tickets and a couple were dithering. Told him to book those who were certainties, but he thought he had loads more time as they have never sold out so quickly.

The extra day would have helped as they would not have sold out and he could have at least bought for the 3 that go regularly.

We can choose to ignore occasional fans and those who attend away games, or include them in the scheme and incentive the scheme.

I take your point but there were 1150 tickets left when it went to general sale & your mate didn't buy, because he was waiting to hear from people that don't go regularly & didn't let him know until it was too late. 
    Hardly Charlton's fault imo, more a misjudgement of your mate. 
  • Options
    If you have say 4000 people after 2500 tickets (or whatever) it doesn't matter what system you use, there will always be people who miss out. To me the current arrangements are a reasonable effort, yes maybe away tickets should get more points and the bandings can be questioned, but all football clubs will favour people who buy a season ticket, that's entirely normal.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:

I take your point but there were 1150 tickets left when it went to general sale & your mate didn't buy, because he was waiting to hear from people that don't go regularly & didn't let him know until it was too late. 
    Hardly Charlton's fault imo, more a misjudgement of your mate. 
    Agreed, but who was blaming anyone? Not me.
    I also added that he thought he had loads more time as they had not sold out so quickly before.

I am suggesting an improvement to the system going forward. However, I would argue that 1150 tickets would not have been sold if there was another tranche; and would further suggest that the extra tranche would more likely to mean that fans that have demonstrated their support of the club this season by having points would more likely to have got tickets. I would further suggest the speed with which they sold out compared to previous season confirms this.

I do take your point though. I am in the early bands so although it is against my natural instinct of trying to be fair to everyone, I will be buying the max I can next time.