Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Away loyalty scheme

Comments

• Options
    Dont see this as fair,my wife and I are season ticket holders but do not go away very often.This system means we would have preference for a top away game over a non season ticket holder who does the hard miles and goes everywhere.
  • Options
    There's also no way to add / link my Valley Gold number to my new account.
  • Options

It's very vague. So again, if you buy away tickets on the day, at the ground can I redeem them with the club?

Only away tickets bought from CAFC will be logged onto the loyalty scheme.
  • Options
    clive said:

It's very vague. So again, if you buy away tickets on the day, at the ground can I redeem them with the club?

That's a joke and pretty poor if I'm honest. Even if I can show them the stub?
  • Options
    Has this been issued just to start another argument on CL. It was pretty academic last year and will be again this year.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

If you click on your name on the top left of the page & click on memberships your Valley Gold details should be shown.

clive said:

This was discussed at the consultation i attended & it was suggested that the idea of showing stubs etc is open to abuse as people who have not attended games could get stubs off of other people.
  • Options
    clive said:

If you click on your name on the top left of the page & click on memberships your Valley Gold details should shown.

clive said:

This was discussed at the consultation i attended & it was suggested that the idea of showing stubs etc is open to abuse as people who have not attended games could get stubs off of other people.
    Everyone should be able to buy their tickets from Charlton. If they choose not to, then that's up to them.
  • Options

so forking out at the beginning of the season on a season ticket gives you no more points than someone who buys on a match by match basis. Also, do points carry forward to the next season or is this done on a season by season basis?

If a season ticket holder and a match by match follower are both committing to 23 games, I think it's right that they get the same number of loyalty points.

ST holders benefit from a cheaper per match cost already.
    The ST holder gets 230 points immediately, the per game follower has 0 points immediately and only gets 230 points by the end of the season.
  • Options
    clive said:

If you click on your name on the top left of the page & click on memberships your Valley Gold details should shown.

My VG number didn’t appear on my memberships, nor does it offer the £15 discount on season tickets.

This has the makings of a decent loyalty scheme once it beds down.
  • Options
    Valley Gold numbers have not been put into the new system yet so nothing will show up, this will be the next thing that gets done.
    Any Valley Gold problems please contact me direct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All i would like to know is as a season ticket and valley gold holder am i top of the pile.
    Thanks
  • Options
    clive said:

If you click on your name on the top left of the page & click on memberships your Valley Gold details should be shown.

clive said:

clive said:

clive said:

Everyone should be able to buy their tickets from Charlton. If they choose not to, then that's up to them.
    Not when the club can't post them to you in time.

Maybe I'll start taking photos of me with the ticket.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing anyway @clive

Shame the club's update isn't more detailed.
  • Options
    What's with all the bellyaching? Our away allocation ain't likely to be stretched more than two or three times a season and thems as like to go to lots of away games are well used to how and when to apply for tickets. If you've got the arsehole with the ruinous old cunt running the place concentrate your efforts on hounding him out. If his stench is still lingering around our club at the end of August, imagining difficulties in getting to away games will be in the past.
  • Options

clive said:

clive said:

clive said:

clive said:

Not when the club can't post them to you in time.

Maybe I'll start taking photos of me with the ticket.
    I've never had a problem. Anyway the choice is yours the same as everyone else.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

All i would like to know is as a season ticket and valley gold holder am i top of the pile.
    Thanks

You have piles.
  • Options
    255 points last season - pretty pathetic when you look at it that way though it would have been a bit more if I could have counted those where I just rolled up and paid on the gate and the comp ticket I got handed for one game as I got to the ground
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Valley Gold members to have first dips then? Bar the Wimbledon game, every league away game will go on general sale at some point

Luton away
    Gills away
  • Options
    edited July 2018

shirty5 said:

Valley Gold members to have first dips then? Bar the Wimbledon game, every league away game will go on general sale at some point

Luton away
    Gills away
    Yes they will go general sale as well at some stage during the selling period.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Luton away
    Gills away
    Yes they will go general sale as well at some stage during the selling period.
    Gillingham is the last away game so might not if we're going for promotion (yes i know don't laugh)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    The system seems a good idea and is certainly better than nothing, but i don't see why a home game is the same number of points as away games.

Surely it takes more dedication to trek to a midweek northern away game than it does a home game, so the aways should be slightly more points.

Seems silly that those going to Scunthorpe and Burton midweek only get the same points as someone turning up for Sunderland at home, especially as the whole point of the system is for priority tickets for away games.
  • Options
    Just looked on my account, my points for the Brighton game hasnt been added, I am still on 230.

I know its only 5 points for friendlies but just wondered if others have recieved their points
  • Options

The system seems a good idea and is certainly better than nothing, but i don't see why a home game is the same number of points as away games.

Surely it takes more dedication to trek to a midweek northern away game than it does a home game, so the aways should be slightly more points.

Seems silly that those going to Scunthorpe and Burton midweek only get the same points as someone turning up for Sunderland at home, especially as the whole point of the system is for priority tickets for away games.

Depends where you live , doesn't it. Remember we have lots of supporters who no longer live in London.
  • Options

Just looked on my account, my points for the Brighton game hasnt been added, I am still on 230.

I know its only 5 points for friendlies but just wondered if others have recieved their points

I have received the 5 points,did you buy the ticket online,if you did check your purchases under the loyalty cashback column & the 5 points should be listed there.
  • Options
    clive said:

I have received the 5 points,did you buy the ticket online,if you did check your purchases under the loyalty cashback column & the 5 points should be listed there.
    No brought at ground, used my con number and said would I get the loyalty points and they said yes
  • Options
    Tickets bought on the day at the ground are not added to the loyalty scheme.

• Options
    clive said:

Tickets bought on the day at the ground are not added to the loyalty scheme.

So when I asked the staff will it be added and she said yes.

lol

Why can we not get staff who know what they are doing
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Depends where you live , doesn't it. Remember we have lots of supporters who no longer live in London.
    True, but what about those same fans that do live outside of London and attend home games?
  • Options
    I was having issues with my account, rang the ticket office and they got it resolved within a couple of minutes.

Really decent service.
  • Options

Charlton fans next season

Its taken exactly 1 month but I finally got a lol for this.