Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• ross1 said:

Sunderland make “better offer” for striker but opts for Charlton switch for “football reasons”

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/944029627?-11197:833

thats the footballing equiverlant of self halm
  • Perhaps Mag on the wing in his NI role. Decent crosser and height at set pieces.

Bowyer plays 4-4-2. Not sure Magennis could handle all the tracking back?

Could play Magennis and Taylor up front together and be quite direct.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I never diss any player until I see them play & will rate them over a season......however.

his goalscoring record is not very good apart from his stint at Wimbledon & loan periods in Scotland.....and even Magennis scored goals up there.

Reading his wiki page it says he found his playing chances "limited" at Bournemouth, Sheff U & Scunthorpe. Its at those teams we should be looking / concerned at imo.

Welcome Lyle & good luck.....you're going to need it.

Team, Games, Goals, Assists
    AFC Wimbledon 150 55 21
    Falkirk FC 42 29 8
    Partick Thistle FC 36 12 6
    AFC Bournemouth 33 2 1
    Sheffield United 25 2 -
    Scunthorpe United 25 4 2
    Hereford United (liq.) 8 2 1

It's not that bad.

All the best to him.
    As I said.....take a look at the clubs that he was at that actually means anything.....Sheff U, Bournemouth & Scunny. 83 games & 8 goals - 1 in 10 fgs. I agree his stats are good for the Dons but overal the goals to game ratio are skewed by the ones in Scotland.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Good age, almost Mendonca like signing. Bloke with a recent decent record and caused us problems the season before, hopefully he can have a good impact.
  • Here we go. More optimism. The pessimism comes later.
  • Here we go. More optimism. The pessimism comes later.

The way it has been lately, it will not be long
  • shirty5 said:

Macronate said:

Not seen him play, good signing?

Decent at this level and for the market that we are now shopping in. More East Street, than Portobello Road.
    So bargain basement tat rather than overpriced tat?
  • Vetokele and Taylor up top for Sunderland away???
  • Sponsored links:

• Vetokele and Taylor up top for Sunderland away???

It has been widely stated that Vetokele will not be here when the season starts
  • edited June 2018

Vetokele and Taylor up top for Sunderland away???

They sound like the same kind of player to me. Both play best next to a big man and they can feed off the knock downs.

That said, League One isn't the best division is the world and as a partnership without a big target man, I could see them dragging opposition centre backs all over the shop.
  • edited June 2018
    Something that I haven't seen mentioned...

Was he out of contract? I'm in shock that Roland might have paid a transfer fee for someone.
  • Something that I haven't seen mentioned...

Was he out of contract? I'm in shock that Roland might have paid a transfer fee for someone.

Yep, out of contract.
  • They might but those sort of partnerships never seem to do well for long. I’d rather one of them alongside a target man type. As well as the physical side someone with a good touch, football brain and ability to pick a pass (like we had in Yann or Burton). Neither Clarke or Magennis have all of that to their game, although it’s probably difficult to find in League 1.
  • Something that I haven't seen mentioned...

He was out of contract.

Mentioned a few times
  • @Callumcafc 1st paragraph of the link on OP

The highly-rated striker arrives in SE7 as a free agent on a two-year deal with his contract with former club AFC Wimbledon having come to an end.
  • Valley11 said:

Good to hear from Gallen in the above

This may be a stupid question but is Steve Gallen Kevin Gallen's brother?
  • @Callumcafc - pretty certain he was out of contract mate.