Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Belgium - Thursday 28th June - 7pm

Comments

• think we want to lose this one & end up 2nd in our group, thus avoiding Brazil in the 4trs.
  • think we want to lose this one & end up 2nd in our group, thus avoiding Brazil in the 4trs.

Such a Golfie comment. Fill up your glass fella!
  • Getting threw the border at Kaliningrad is a nightmare.

Let's wait and see how the group H games go first.

We might want to avoid Colombia before we start worrying about Brazil.

I remember the boarder from Croatia to Montenegro taking well over an hour when we had a coach for the England game there and similar again for Romania into Moldova. Painful process.

Will be worth it though!
  • Newmarket racing on Thursday, meeting in the pub at 7.30 for breakfast beers, back to Chelmsford for the match

Might be messy

The wife has actually given me a pass to go to Russia now for potential QF/Semi but haven’t a clue how I can get tickets, even Viagogo won’t sell them

He's probably earmarked those he has for his new Coventry teammates.

Let's wait and see how the group H games go first.

We might want to avoid Colombia before we start worrying about Brazil.
    100% this. They are the only team I fear from that group.

Two mates flew into Vilnius yesterday morning and had no problems at the border - seem the issues are mainly coming from Poland.

• Lad I know is running a fair few coaches through that route. I’m sure everyone will have factored in plenty of time.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Japan end up winning group H, I think it probably is the smart thing to do if we are drawing late on to get a few of the rotated players to pick up some yellows to fall in that side of the draw. Ultimately it's only one month every 2 years that really matters for the national team and you have to give yourselves the best chance of winning it. In the NFL it's something the coaches wouldn't bat an eyelid at doing for the sake of a Super Bowl (and Southgate said he's been learning from the NFL).

The way this team has been set up, gelled and been playing I really wouldn't believe the key players being rested one game would be the reason why we lose, if god forbid we did lose in the quarters in that side of the draw they all seem really hungry and energetic enough to be able to get themselves up for the game anyway.
  • forget semis i don't think Columbia are a gimme in ro16 if we face them.
  • edited June 2018
    Why won’t Belguim also get a few bookings as well if it’s so important to finish second? Could make it fun.
  • Yeah, Belgium could be thinking exactky the same. Then what, go for reds too??
  • Need to be careful with the bookings though, if it looks like we're deliberately trying to get booked, FIFA will no doubt end up banning some of our lot
  • Keeping Stones and McGuire together is a must for me. The more time they can spend learning each others game will be crucial to cracking on in this tournament imo
  • We should be giving ourselves the best chance of winning it and to me that's by finishing 2nd in the group but it matters not unless we win it we should have finished in the other position !
  • Lad I know is running a fair few coaches through that route. I’m sure everyone will have factored in plenty of time.

Assume England will have a decent turnout for this one Mr Organiser?

Better than the first two games for sure, but still very low relative to previous tournaments.

Very jealous I’m not out there seeing all my mates messages and videos.
  • Sponsored links:

• forget semis i don't think Columbia are a gimme in ro16 if we face them.

The one thing that is a possibility is Colombia don't make it through. Senegal are a good side and can get a result against them. We will know soon enough where we stand - but my choice is to avoid Colombia even though I am confident we can beat them.

Better than the first two games for sure, but still very low relative to previous tournaments.

For a lot of England fans it seems Russia just wasn't worth the hassle.

Is that down to it being in Russia, or apathy?

Russia seems an easier destination compared to recent tournaments.
  • i think i'm one of the few that want us to win tonight.

if we're going to win the World Cup, lets do it properly by beating all the big teams!

Certainly want to see England win tonight and will go mental if we do

Just a shame it means we'll go into the tougher side of the draw yet if thats what happens then thats what happens
  • i think i'm one of the few that want us to win tonight.

if we're going to win the World Cup, lets do it properly by beating all the big teams!

Everyone wants us to win (except probably Golfie), but if losing means we avoid Colombia i'm sure there won't be too many crying about it
  • If we can win tonight we'll then have the beauty of going into the Knockout Rounds as one of just three sides to win all our games - Along with Uruguay and Croatia, that should certainly be enough to make teams fear us as they'll know we wont be easy to score again
  • If we can win tonight we'll then have the beauty of going into the Knockout Rounds as one of just three sides to win all our games - Along with Uruguay and Croatia, that should certainly be enough to make teams fear us as they'll know we wont be easy to score again

Given that both Tunisia and Panama scored against us, why would any team think that?