Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Diego Maradona - hospitalised after Nigeria game

Comments

• I bet he’s a good laugh to go out on the sesh with, I might invite him to my stag do

What, even funnier than me?
    I don’t think anyone is if I’m honest mate
    Otto won't be happy with that Dave he's got 2.5 times more Lols than Big Rob :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

I bet he’s a good laugh to go out on the sesh with, I might invite him to my stag do

Otto won't be happy with that Dave he's got 2.5 times more Lols than Big Rob :wink:
    I'm better "live" mate. Come into me own more

; )
  • I am with VG, I cannot stand the sight of the fat, sweaty, coke sniffing, cheating bastard.

When the Argies finally get beat I hope the entire stadium stand and face the box he is in and give him the double finger back.
  • I think it’s healthy to have ‘hate’ characters. Blandness is boringly mundane and Maradona is a fantastic baddie,a talented but evil genius.

He’s a joke figure these days and I’ve no real hate for him. Actually laughed when he was giving the finger, it’s fun seeing people non-conform and play up occasionally

The BBC wankfest over him is what grated on me. every ten mins, the camera would pan on him.
    And our commentators would go into meltdown on how great he is.
  • I bet he’s a good laugh to go out on the sesh with, I might invite him to my stag do

Looks like a bit of a lightweight after last night.
    That’s ok, once he’s shared his shovel about and bought a couple of rounds I’ll throw him to the English contingent
  • has anybody asked how diego feels? or the Argentinian people

You're only saying that, cos he has a gun! ;)
  • has anybody asked how diego feels? or the Argentinian people

with his hands
  • edited June 2018

RedChaser said:

I bet he’s a good laugh to go out on the sesh with, I might invite him to my stag do

I'm better "live" mate. Come into me own more

; )
    Disgusting, but I'd like to see it.
  • I think it’s healthy to have ‘hate’ characters. Blandness is boringly mundane and Maradona is a fantastic baddie,a talented but evil genius.

He’s a joke figure these days and I’ve no real hate for him. Actually laughed when he was giving the finger, it’s fun seeing people non-conform and play up occasionally

The BBC wankfest over him is what grated on me. every ten mins, the camera would pan on him.
    It's not the BBC cameras!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't believe someone doesn't understand "He's one of our own" in the international context, as opposed to club context.

This, was so clear ' one of our own ' with reference to Gazza is because he is English and also much loved

As for Maradona, despise the person. Before my era so maybe i dont know how good he was but looks to me Messi/ Ronaldo would blow him out the water. Maradona did perform in the world cup where they have failed but club level the others have smashed him imo.

Still wouldn't wish anything on him.

• Can't believe someone doesn't understand "He's one of our own" in the international context, as opposed to club context.

This, was so clear ' one of our own ' with reference to Gazza is because he is English and also much loved

As for Maradona, despise the person. Before my era so maybe i dont know how good he was but looks to me Messi/ Ronaldo would blow him out the water. Maradona did perform in the world cup where they have failed but club level the others have smashed him imo.

Ronaldo was better than both Messi and Cristiano
  • PaddyP17 said:

If this were Gazza the sentiments would all be "how sad, battling his demons, hope he pulls through".

But it's not, and he did the hand of God thing, so let's all laugh. Ha ha ha. Let's revel in a clearly ill man's problems. Hilarious.

Have I got that right?

The Hand of God ‘thing’ was only the most famous bit of cheating against our country in our sporting history near enough.

Like others I am just not commenting on the illness - but he is a fecking fat cheating prick of a person
    The only thing Scotland have to cheer about in the last 35 years of international football.
  • Anyway this was simply a PR stunt.
    He was seen by a doctor - note, at half time - for a neck pain.
    Some might say a minor cocaine based whiplash injury.

He was then quoted as being told to 'go home'. Yeah right, that's the medical response every time, not, 'go and get it checked out at the local Russian A+E'.

Then he lets people know his reply is;
    ''Goodness me, I couldn't do that because my beloved team is playing and I couldn't possibly leave even at the risk of my own health - THAT'S how much I love my country.'' (or words to that effect via a PR spinner)

Too many bleeding heart liberals projecting their concern onto someone who, in the greater scheme of things, clearly doesn't deserve it.

Cynical self aggrandisement, as usual.

Snorty tosser and disgraceful role model for the 'working classes' (TM) of Argentina.

All about opinions my friend, i thought Ronaldo (Brazillian) was quality but Messi and Ronaldo are on a different level to anyone, again in my opinion

All about opinions my friend, i thought Ronaldo (Brazillian) was quality but Messi and Ronaldo are on a different level to anyone, again in my opinion
    And your opinion is wrong...

:)
  • Riviera said:

I think it’s healthy to have ‘hate’ characters. Blandness is boringly mundane and Maradona is a fantastic baddie,a talented but evil genius.

Do they not get multiple feeds? Or have the ability to edit?
  • Riviera said:

I think it’s healthy to have ‘hate’ characters. Blandness is boringly mundane and Maradona is a fantastic baddie,a talented but evil genius.

The live match feed is universal. They can edit for highlights and post match analysis.
  • Riviera said:

I'm pretty sure they don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• My opinion on this is that I don't really like Gazza and got no opinion on Maradona from a playing point of view as he was end of his career. On the point of comparing the two, it is interesting that people seem to let Gazza off for more than others, like Collymore will get called a "wife beater" by the same people who idolise Gazza, however that's life, lets be honest we've all hypocritical at some point or if not then you're way better than me. On the subject of their antics, both of them are hilarious, whether under the influence or not. Can anyone honestly say they never laughed or even cracked a smile when the camera's zoomed into Maradona and he's giving the MR Bean to the lower tier. People just need to chill out a bit more and stop being so argumentative and offended all the time.
  • All this addiction stuff and sympathy etc, could it not be that he has been off the bugle for years and is just having a lads holiday blow-out for old times sake?
  • Fantastic footballer and monumental shithouse - a common enough phenomenon, indeed so like, say, Roger Johnson, different in only one aspect.
  • shine166 said:

Wishing a man dead over football ? Nah I'm ok cheers

No one wants him dead. We want him to live but with lots of pain and suffering.
    Can’t believe some of the comments on here. And people are actually laughing along with them. Pathetic.
  • edited June 2018

I think the Collymore comparison is warped in the way that he is way more ‘visible’ than Gazza in the media and is also very forthright in pushing his own agenda.

It therefore seems understandable to me that he consequently seems to get more ‘abuse’ than Gazza.

• Don't be shy (bag on his left) -

https://youtu.be/s_1EnT5VW8g
  • ....one thing thats clear in all this is that he's got some right wankers round him and at least one snake
  • Milk powder.
    That UHT shyte on FIFA's flights is disgusting.
    Amazing he's only in economy.

Bobby Moore was better than all of them.