Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ring video doorbell

2»

Comments

• When somebody rings my bell, I always asked who's there, usually it's Knock Knock

Answer.........Anita Ward.
    Keep A - Knockin
    Little Richard
  • Ring video doorbell customers angry at 43% price hike

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68250127
  • clive said:

Ring video doorbell customers angry at 43% price hike

I’ve got an Eufy doorbell, it has its own hard drive, so you don’t have to pay a subscription.
  • I’ve got Ring doorbell at the front and their security camera at the back (I live in Peckham so…).

A while back a police officer knocked on the door and asked if he could review the footage from the night before as someone had been stabbed to death round the corner and they thought the perpetrator had fled down out street! Luckily there wasn’t any footage of anyone on the night in question because I really didn’t want to get embroiled in that situation. 
  • se9addick said:
    I’ve got Ring doorbell at the front and their security camera at the back (I live in Peckham so…).

A while back a police officer knocked on the door and asked if he could review the footage from the night before as someone had been stabbed to death round the corner and they thought the perpetrator had fled down out street! Luckily there wasn’t any footage of anyone on the night in question because I really didn’t want to get embroiled in that situation. 
    Embroiled in what - bringing a murderer to justice? What if the person stabbed was someone you knew?

• clive said:

Ring video doorbell customers angry at 43% price hike

I’ve got an Eufy doorbell, it has its own hard drive, so you don’t have to pay a subscription.
    Just hope you don't get broken into as guess what they nick first..........

I've a number of ring cameras, but have the 'all camera' subscription, wonder what that'll increase to.

FWIW, looking to change mine soon, it's the wifi that puts me off as the hardened burglars/car thief etc just use a wifi blocker.
  • se9addick said:
    I’ve got Ring doorbell at the front and their security camera at the back (I live in Peckham so…).

Not sure why, but I thought you were up SE9 way @se9addick
  • se9addick said:

Had a similar situation a couple of years ago, it turned out to be a domestic in the gaff opposite but it apparently took place just out of my Ring cameras field of vision. I was glad I didn’t need to be involved as well. My other half heard the “disturbance” was the couple who lived there were a bit pissed and arguing in the road and a curtain twitcher called the police. They’re still there and seem as happy as Larry now so probably best it went off without being caught on film. 
  • edited February 10
    I’ve got the doorbell and bought a camera to put on the garage but not installed yet.  I was massively pissed off at the price hike for storage but it’s £35 up to £50 a year so not exactly earth shattering.

the footage is good and useful except when your wife installs a trellis that blocks half the view of the camera 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

It’s like anything they act like a drug dealer.  They practically give you stuff and then once you’re hooked in they rinse you.  Adobe Acrobat is the same as I found out to my cost this week.  Arseholes. 
  • Get rid of it, IP cameras and doorbells have apps at least as good as ring. They are cheap enough to discard or to de-register and give to someone else if they want money. Or a lot of them can be used as I use mine. To tell people to leave stuff round the side of the house when I'm on the can and use an IP camera for security that goes straight onto a USB card in a hub