Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Least Plausible Story involving you that's true.

Comments

• I used to go to the motor racing at Brands Hatch back in the early seventies, as a teeenager, and I collected the driver autographs whenever I could. I would often get ten or fifteen monickers from hanging around the paddock and pits. One meeting, I only got two signatures for some reason. Both of them (Jo Siffert and Jo Bonnier) died in crashes within six months. Lucky I didn't get any more that day I suppose...
  • Pedro45 said:

I used to go to the motor racing at Brands Hatch back in the early seventies, as a teeenager, and I collected the driver autographs whenever I could. I would often get ten or fifteen monickers from hanging around the paddock and pits. One meeting, I only got two signatures for some reason. Both of them (Jo Siffert and Jo Bonnier) died in crashes within six months. Lucky I didn't get any more that day I suppose...

My old man used to take me around that era too. It's hard to believe it now but motor racing was so dangerous back then, with hardly any concession to safety. So many drivers lost their lives.

Jackie Stewart was the main campaigner for improved safety but incredibly, many of his suggestions were frowned upon by the racing fraternity.
  • Pedro45 said:

I used to go to the motor racing at Brands Hatch back in the early seventies, as a teeenager, and I collected the driver autographs whenever I could. I would often get ten or fifteen monickers from hanging around the paddock and pits. One meeting, I only got two signatures for some reason. Both of them (Jo Siffert and Jo Bonnier) died in crashes within six months. Lucky I didn't get any more that day I suppose...

One of Jo Bonnier’s old F1 cars being raced at Brands Hatch today in a historic meeting.
  • Pedro45 said:

One of Jo Bonnier’s old F1 cars being raced at Brands Hatch today in a historic meeting.
    Pretty sure I could ruddy hear it....
  • I once stole the US Secretery of State for Defence's hairdryer from his hotel room, along with pens, notepaper and bottle opener.
  • Police came into the office where I use to work, looking for volunteers to appear in a identity line up, they were looking for people of a certain build and they asked me if I'd like to participate in the line up during lunchtime, me and 2 others from our office attended the police station, stood in the line up and low and behold the victim/witness picked me, the police questioned me as to my whereabouts on the date the crime took place and I had no idea, try remembering where you were on a certain day at a certain time 3 months previous. After about 15 minutes of being questioned the police said that I could go away and try to remember where I was, I'm sure they knew that I wasn't the man they were after and they phoned me the next day thanking me for my time and that they didn't need anymore information from me.

That happened to a bloke that I used to work with in RBS in Islington n'all.
  • Police came into the office where I use to work, looking for volunteers to appear in a identity line up, they were looking for people of a certain build and they asked me if I'd like to participate in the line up during lunchtime, me and 2 others from our office attended the police station, stood in the line up and low and behold the victim/witness picked me, the police questioned me as to my whereabouts on the date the crime took place and I had no idea, try remembering where you were on a certain day at a certain time 3 months previous. After about 15 minutes of being questioned the police said that I could go away and try to remember where I was, I'm sure they knew that I wasn't the man they were after and they phoned me the next day thanking me for my time and that they didn't need anymore information from me.

Not the first, this happened to me and my workmates back in the 60's when my mate was picked out. Like all good friends, we went back to work and left him, he turned up about 30 minutes later. He was never in serious problem.
  • I have two sisters and two brothers. I have a sister who is three months younger than me , and a brother who is three months younger than my youngest sister
  • Sponsored links:

• TEL said:

I’ve got two sisters, both called Lorraine.

Another one from Norfolk.....

• This is like one of those bloody maths questions:
    holyjo said:

I have two sisters and two brothers. I have a sister who is three months younger than me , and a brother who is three months younger than my youngest sister

So, how old is the dog?
  • This is like one of those bloody maths questions:

holyjo said:

I have two sisters and two brothers. I have a sister who is three months younger than me , and a brother who is three months younger than my youngest sister

So, how old is the dog?
    We had a budgy ........
  • When they were teenagers in the early '70s, Ms AA and her friends re-arranged the traffic cones at Heathrow to divert David Cassidy's car down a cul-de-sac so they could get up close with their idol.

Millwall did that with a wolves coach I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh for sure BT reattached it somewhere
  • Kate Moss and Anna Friel spilled my pint.
  • JamesSeed said:

Kate Moss and Anna Friel spilled my pint.

That’s a euphemism yes?
  • JamesSeed said:

That’s a euphemism yes?
    I only wish it was.
  • JamesSeed said:

Glenda Jackson spilled my pint way back in the old Valley Club

• JamesSeed said:

I know she lived near Blackheath. Charlton fan?
  • edited July 2018
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I know she lived near Blackheath. Charlton fan?
    No idea why she was in The Valley Club. Insisted on replacing my beer. Im not sure shes a football fan at all.