Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• Options
    Should’ve tried to get something for him this summer while his value was still high.
    Ideally need to bin Vorm too.
  • Options

Might be a World Cup winner but Lloris is a liability too often.
    Just me?

Doesn't seem to be the keeper he was a couple of years ago. Gone from being someone they'd expect to be battling to keep hold of to someone who'd probably be relatively high on the positions they need to prioritise strengthening.
  • Options

Might be a World Cup winner but Lloris is a liability too often.
    Just me?

Was decent in the world cup especially against Belgium in the semi's, but as you say he is prone to howlers far too often these days. Remember his mistake that let Mandzukic score in the final?
  • Options
    Didnt deserve that. That was bordering on robbery. 71% possession away from
    home.

Re: Lloris, 4 days ago, he pretty much won Spurs another 3 pts against West Ham and was in great form. Every keeper gets the odd rush of blood to the head but with 2-3 covering defenders, was he last man? no he wasnt and should have been booked but yet another decision goes against Spurs. It was minimal contact at best and the foreard limpss off like he's been poleaxed. That ref couldnt wait to get his red card out. Goal wrongly ruled out, Dembele booked for no bloody reason. Hit the woodwork 3 times, point blank save from their keeper, any other day we would have been 2 or 3 in front.

Thought the ref in the Barcelona game was rubbish but this fella took the biscuit.

Fucksake you Tottenham bastards!
  • Options
    The disallowed goal was a disgrace, and prior to the Lloris sending off could only see spurs extending their lead.

Might be bad luck or might be something that Pochettino needs to work on, but Juve last season and Inter and PSV this season, they've dominated for the bulk of the match and lost out from momentary lapses in concentration.
  • Options
    Scousers heading to Europa League
  • Options
    I thought Wembley was quiet during England games. Spurs fans in total silence
  • Options
    English teams making a bit of a mess of their CL group stages this year.
  • Options

It seems to be a competition of who can bottle the hardest.
    Still think City will come good and make the final.
  • Options
    Man City 2-0 up already.

Penalty awarded for a blatant trip on Sterling for the 2nd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blatant?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Man City 2-0 up already.

Penalty awarded for a blatant trip on Sterling for the 2nd.

By the pitch
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    So what do you VAR haters say about Sterling kicking the ground and getting a penalty.
    Total joke.
  • Options
    Love the kit that Lyon are wearing tonight.
  • Options
    Stunner from Ronaldo!!!!!
  • Options
    Haha Mourinho trolling Juventus like crazy. Unreal.
  • Options

I spoke too soon. Both Spurs and Utd managed to win after being 1-0 down!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

Haha Mourinho trolling Juventus like crazy. Unreal.

As much as I would have loved to see United lose again, that is outweighed by seeing that ex-gooner Szczęsny conceding late goals. Now he's a proper trolling bastard!
  • Options

So what do you VAR haters say about Sterling kicking the ground and getting a penalty.
    Total joke.

I don't think that many people hate VAR. What last night however did once again prove, is that those 'goal line officials' or whatever they're called are absolutely fucking pointless.
    Would Sterling have been booked if he'd told the referee what actually happened?

Should city have deliberately pushed the penalty wide? By the time it was taken the coaching staff would surely have known it was not a penalty!

Or is that just being too honest?
  • Options
    Probably wrong thread, but i bet on 6 group winners looking ok at mo could go either way
    Athletico
    Liverpool
    Schalke
    Bayern
    City
    Juventus

half a chance
  • Options
    Will be tough as realistically you need Liverpool to get at least a draw away at PSG and Schalke to win away at Porto.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Will be tough as realistically you need Liverpool to get at least a draw away at PSG and Schalke to win away at Porto.

Agree Schalke look the toughest, but possible. Nearly went for Napoli in Liverpool group, still happy to have a shot with 2 games left. not a big accy just would be a nice bonus
    20/1 or there abouts
  • Options
    I started to dread having Viktoria Plzen playing on the same evening as Charlton after that night a few weeks ago when my app bonged like crazy as both of them let in 5.

So imagine how good it is now as a Charlton smash and grab was preceded by almost the same story in Moscow. I didnt give Viktoria a chance there, and when they went behind to a soft penalty and then failed to convert their own penalty on 44, I thought that was it. But they turned it round with the winner on 81. Spooky.

Lots of verrrry pissed off Russians, and a lot of Czechs reminding themselves that when they are playing a Russian team they are all Viktorka fans.

According to my app, Viktoria are above CSKA despite having a worse goal difference. To come, Viktoria are home to Roma, while CSKA have to go to the Bernabau. At stake, a Europa league place. The minnows are alive and kicking, people.
  • Options

I started to dread having Viktoria Plzen playing on the same evening as Charlton after that night a few weeks ago when my app bonged like crazy as both of them let in 5.

So imagine how good it is now as a Charlton smash and grab was preceded by almost the same story in Moscow. I didnt give Viktoria a chance there, and when they went behind to a soft penalty and then failed to convert their own penalty on 44, I thought that was it. But they turned it round with the winner on 81. Spooky.

Lots of verrrry pissed off Russians, and a lot of Czechs reminding themselves that when they are playing a Russian team they are all Viktorka fans.

According to my app, Viktoria are above CSKA despite having a worse goal difference. To come, Viktoria are home to Roma, while CSKA have to go to the Bernabau. At stake, a Europa league place. The minnows are alive and kicking, people.

Champions League is head to head

Plzen 2-2 CSKA
    CSKA 1-2 Plzen

So as long as Plzen match CSKAs result in last game they are in Europa League even if Plzen lose 10-0 and CSKA lose 1-0
  • Options

Champions League is head to head

Plzen 2-2 CSKA
    CSKA 1-2 Plzen

So as long as Plzen match CSKAs result in last game they are in Europa League even if Plzen lose 10-0 and CSKA lose 1-0
    Thanks, Paulie, that is bloody good news, because I think Real will see off CSKA. What a win that is tonight for a club like Viktoria. I'm pretty sure (and will try to verify) that their wage bill is a fair bit lower than Charlton's.

• Options
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again
    Klopp has to play Gomez and Van Dijk together at CB every game they are both fit

Seems like he tries too hard to be this spontaneous master tactician. Shit management.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again
    Klopp has to play Gomez and Van Dijk together at CB every game they are both fit

Seems like he tries too hard to be this spontaneous master tactician. Shit management.

Yep but regardless of defence they are lucky to go in 2-1 down at HT imo.