Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• Messi now has the most Champions League hattricks of all time.

Messi now has the most Champions League Group Stage goals of all time
  • The optics of Salah's response in the dugout doesn't look good. He might need to get out an explanation later if social media gets on it.

There's other footage which shows him celebrating then throwing the bottle down after. I assume he was happy at the win but just frustrated at his own performance.
  • PSG have a problem though and that is what to do with Neymar. He's great to have in home games when you're dominating possession but away, it's basically like having 10 men. The guy simply isn't interested in tracking back or defending. I doubt that type of performance would be tolerated at Barca, yet at PSG he seems to be allowed to get away with it.
  • Thinking about it not from a personal view, the 2 early kick offs do make sense. Also i read that each English team bar United only have one 5:55 ko, all away too so doesn't seem as bad.

If i got home at 6 i would be happy :)

I caught 2nd half of spurs last night, Moira was terrorising them when he came on, looked like they were in so much control and then out of nowhere Inters equaliser what a strike!!! From then looked like they were going to grab the winner and did, proper smash and grab that but well done to Inter as they haven't been in the comp for a few years so expected them to get a result/ draw.

Spurs look lost at the moment, losing possession from the back which is very unlike spurs. Kane isn't firing, seem like something is wrong in the camp or they are very low on confidence. Subbing Kane off was very bizarre especially when he defends corners, Poch is a good manager but does make some odd decisions sometimes.

Liverpool - PSG , That was a great game as expected. Liverpool were by far the better team but PSG nearly did an Inter and came back out of nowhere. Deserved win, they are looking good this season.

I do love a bit of Champions League!
  • So my Viktoria Plzen step proudly onto the field as the first Czech team in ages to qualify automatically and probably with the smallest permanent home capacity seen for ages too.

Unfortunately the pressure is on, as they are home to CSKA Moscow, the game they really must win if they want to get 3rd place. Their confidence (well, mine certainly) took a knock when they got an unexpected battering at Slavia two weeks ago. No ticket for me either, and my local pub is a Slavia stronghold, so it looks like take home draught Pilsner Urquell and the TV for me.

Wish them luck against the rusky svine (Russian swine)
  • Speaking of Rusky svine, did you notice how Lokomotiv Moscow, the Pot 1 team, got their arses kicked in Istanbul last night? What a joke that is.
  • Is there not even a highlights show on terrestrial this year? BT have stopped showing free games haven't they?
  • Ha. I am in the pub. Didnt realise that the cable bastards had nabbed the local TV rights.

On the plus side I have the room to myself, everyone is in the garden. Big screen, personal waiter. A bit surreal...
  • 1-0 Viktoria and that has been coming
  • Sponsored links:

• Oops Cristiano Ronaldo has been sent off
  • Is there not even a highlights show on terrestrial this year? BT have stopped showing free games haven't they?

There's some sort of free (on the internet) BT Sport highlights package somewhere. Apparently

I have BT Sport, but not happy that UEFA sold the entire rights to them, including the highlights package.
  • Oops Cristiano Ronaldo has been sent off

Big game player

There's some sort of free (on the internet) BT Sport highlights package somewhere. Apparently

I have BT Sport, but not happy that UEFA sold the entire rights to them, including the highlights package.
    Surely it just means less and less people are engaged in the champions League and if they are, they are more likely to stream it. Money talks and all that. Very disappointing indeed
  • If Ronaldo is given the full ban he'll miss both Man Utd games
  • Ronaldo crying as he is sent off. Amazing player but absolutely bizarre bloke - seems like he is still in childhood emotionally.
  • City 2 down
  • City now 2-0 down to Lyon. What a difference between this game and Liverpool V PSG yesterday. Crowd very quiet, lots of empty seats and City all over the place. will do well to come back from here.
  • Viktoria 2-0 up at H-t and full value. 2nd goal a beauty. Fancy Krmencik ( who turned down Newcastle) to complete a hat-trick here. Surprised how poor CSKA have been, got to improve 2nd half.
  • Viktoria 2-0 up at H-t and full value. 2nd goal a beauty. Fancy Krmencik ( who turned down Newcastle) to complete a hat-trick here. Surprised how poor CSKA have been, got to improve 2nd half.

Slavia fans supporting Viktoria? Hope the beer is flowing in Prague :)
  • Sponsored links:

Slavia fans supporting Viktoria? Hope the beer is flowing in Prague :)
    Well they have sneaked into my private bar and begrudgingly applauded the 2nd.

Nobody likes the rusky svine here :-)

Surely they'll appeal it, absolutely pathetic decision.
  • Renato Sanches who could barely get a game for relegated Swansea last season, starting and scoring for Bayern Munich tonight.
  • edited September 2018

If Ronaldo is given the full ban he'll miss both Man Utd games

Was it or was it stupidity from Ronaldo.

Everyone knows the rules are if you place your hands on another player above the shoulder you run the risk of a red card, a player with Ronaldos experience should know this.

I have not seen it clearly enough to say if it deserved a red, but his hand touched another players head, 5live said he patted him on the head, now it may be soft but the rules are the rules

Was it or was it stupidity from Ronaldo.

Everyone knows the rules are if you place your hands on another player above the shoulder you run the risk of a red card, a player with Ronaldos experience should know this.

I have not seen it clearly enough to say if it deserved a red, but his hand touched another players head, 5live said he patted him on the head, now it may be soft but the rules are the rules
    Since when was touching another players head a red card?
  • 2-1 Viktoria with 15 to go. Really ought not to be nervous, as they are still the better side, but Krmencik is off and I think they are going to shut up shop.
  • edited September 2018
  • Mourinho will be delighted tonight, City losing at home, United winning 3-0 away
  • FFS. If anyone can tell me what that penalty was for, I would be obliged.