Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 2018/2019

Comments

• Options
    BT sport payed for itself these last two nights.
    Wow!
    Thought it was on Sky LOL.
  • Options
    How long since the last all-English final?
    2008....Moscow, MU/Chels.
  • Options
    Respect to the Ajax fans in all that stress late on and they’re roaring their team on and after that cruelest of all defeats they’re still there cheering applauding , nutters , gotta love the Dutch 
    It's only a game.
  • Options
    I was so bloody worried for him last night!!!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Quiz question for you:

Name the PSG manager that sold Lucas Moura?!?! lol
    Unai Emery
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Quiz question for you:

Name the PSG manager that sold Lucas Moura?!?! lol
    Unai Emery
    Is the CORRECT answer.
    Thats right, the now Arsenal manager sold us match winner Lucas Moura.  You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    I only know that because it was on a Betfair thread earlier today.

Good luck in the final.
  • Options
    A pretty poor view from that studio, weird that they're watching on TV instead!
  • Options
    I wonder if Barca will make a move for Poch in a few weeks after the Final?
    No I don't think so. Poch spent over a decade at Espanyol (as a player and later as head coach) and he's still a big fan according to what I read in his book. Barcelona are their local rivals so I doubt he'd ever consider working for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I wonder if Barca will make a move for Poch in a few weeks after the Final?
    No I don't think so. Poch spent over a decade at Espanyol (as a player and later as head coach) and he's still a big fan according to what I read in his book. Barcelona are their local rivals so I doubt he'd ever consider working for them.
    Absolutelty this.  Read his book.  He says he could never work for Barcelona due to his loyalty to Espanyol.
  • Options
    On the on hand it's good to have an easy league where you can rest players for the big CL matches...but on the other, that's no preparation for the crunch pressure matches against top opposition. 
    Assume you're referring to Barca as that doesn't really apply to Ajax. They'd done amazingly to get as far as they had, and are neck and neck with PSV for the title so haven't been resting anyone. Also had their cup final on Saturday night.
  • Options
    On the on hand it's good to have an easy league where you can rest players for the big CL matches...but on the other, that's no preparation for the crunch pressure matches against top opposition. 
    Assume you're referring to Barca as that doesn't really apply to Ajax. They'd done amazingly to get as far as they had, and are neck and neck with PSV for the title so haven't been resting anyone. Also had their cup final on Saturday night.
    I was actually thinking more of PSG. Neymar, MBappe but another season of CL failure
  • Options
    clever start to the Sun match report today (well, it amused me anyway) .. 'Spurs made the greatest Champions League comeback since … Tuesday' UNQUOTE ((:>) 
  • Options
    Virgin TV customers will be able to watch in SD, HD and 4K for the first time. Access is via channel 532 (BT Sport 2 SD) or 528 (BT Sport 2 HD), and the red button for 4K Ultra HD.

TalkTalk users can view channel 409 (BT Sport 2) while many EE customers will have access via the BT Sport app.

While the match is being described as 'free-to-air', it's not available directly on Freeview or Freesat, but...

Champions League Final online

...there will be a free Champions League final live stream online that anyone can watch. Head to btsport.com/final at 6pm to get access to the free match stream.

But there's more. There will be also be a free 4K Champions League stream (and SD/HD) on the BT Sport YouTube channel. So anyone with an internet connection can watch the final for free.
  • Options
    If everyone was talking about Ajax vs Barca as the “Cruyff final” are we about to see a Crouch final instead. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Looks like the Madrid authorities have decided not to put up big screens in the city, probably to discourage tens of thousands of Spurs and Liverpool fans without tickets coming. There are fan zones for activities and meeting before the game but they shut at six.

Mixed feelings about this - shame for fans coming hoping to enjoy the atmosphere despite not having a ticket, but the policing of it could be a nightmare and I think to be honest there have been particular worries about the Liverpool fans after incidents in Barcelona. 

Much easier to get here than for the Arsenal and Chelsea fans to get to Baku though! Should be an interesting weekend in the city here and hopefully the English fans that are here have a great time but it stays calm.
  • Options
    It looks bad - but if they are planning a victory parade they will have to advise the authorities.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My Spurs mate is papping it. He has his Final ticket - but he (and many others) are still awaiting for their flight itineraries from Thomas Cook. Latest information suggests they should hopefully get confirmation by tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Yep, potential winners parades have to be given sufficient public warning nowadays.
    Its a shame they've had to schedule it for the day after when a lot of ST holders will still be making their way back from Madrid but understandable given the England game on the Friday.

• Options
    London will be moving freely, the victory parade will be on Merseyside.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Yep, potential winners parades have to be given sufficient public warning nowadays.
    Its a shame they've had to schedule it for the day after when a lot of ST holders will still be making their way back from Madrid but understandable given the England game on the Friday.

Why has the England game got anything to do with the Parade, thats out in Portugal
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Why has the England game got anything to do with the Parade, thats out in Portugal
    Because the England squad are already at St George's Park and by Monday the Spurs and Liverpool players in the squad will be on England duty and unavailable for the parade.  They dont get any time off until after the National League is finished.
  • Options
    My Spurs mate is papping it. He has his Final ticket - but he (and many others) are still awaiting for their flight itineraries from Thomas Cook. Latest information suggests they should hopefully get confirmation by tomorrow morning.
    I've got 4 mates in the same position.  Still no news despite chasing.  Thomas Cook have made a right balls up of it and their communication is rubbish.  They've had to pay for another flight out to guarantee getting out there and then are relying on TC to get them back.  Both sets of fans are affected.

Another group of mates are driving down in a camper van, they left 2 days ago.  The rest of my lot are flying in via Porto and getting the train in.  Relatively easy if you compare to the shithousery UEFA dealt Chelsea and the Gooners.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Seems a lot of bars here are going to shut early on Saturday night rather than show the match and run the risk of there being trouble. After the decision was made not to have any big screens up for fans without tickets I wonder where many of them will watch the match and how it will go. As we've seen before, Spanish police are not shy about getting stuck in at even the slightest bit of bother. Hope it all passes without problems.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    My mate didn't get tickets so i said before he got told if he didnt i would wear a spurs top for the game FML dont like either team but suppose lesser of the 2 evils...