Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quickest option Valley to Heathrow by public transport

Looking to sneak the Coventry game during a stopover 6/10/18.
Racing to airport from there.
Suggestions..?

Comments

• when does crossrail open?

other than that train to Charing X and then tube it

Journey time estimate. .?
  • Tube from North Greenwich.
  • I don't think Crossrail is open by then

Train to London Bridge or Charing Cross
    Tube (Jubilee/Bakerloo) to Paddington
    Heathrow Express to Paddington

The last bit will seriously ramp up the cost though
  • TFL Website says: train to London Bridge from Charlton; Jubilee Line to Baker Street and then Bakerloo Line to Paddington where you can get the Heathrow Express

On a Saturday @ 5pm the journey will take around 1hr 15mins
  • Crossrail due to open Dec 2018,Depending on which airport your using,London Bridge to Gatwick or Jubilee line from London Bridge to Green Park,Piccadilly line to Heathrow terminals.

I reckon one and a quarter to one and a half hours door to door

What jurney time if by tube..?

I reckon one and a quarter to one and a half hours door to door
    Thanks

As Killer says; if you use the Heathrow Express ensure that you pre-book rather than waiting till your on board

https://www.heathrowexpress.com/tickets-deals/prices-fares?tid=WEXT12181&CMP=PSB013&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand&utm_term=express heathrow&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpcLZBRCnARIsAMPBgF2WSlkt79WSxuZMvIVC9_8yvjsa16qQsuPTtKRyOa26O9-0CmCEf3caAl6PEALw_wcB
  • Sponsored links:

• Tube from Heathrow to Charing Cross about 40-45 mins. Don't do the Heathrow Express, it will set you back 20 quid or more.
  • Thanks everyone, If by tube, will i still get to Heathrow by 7 (terminal 4)..?
  • Thanks everyone, If by tube, will i still get to Heathrow by 7 (terminal 4)..?

Yes, but obviously don't hang about.

Yes, but obviously don't hang about.
    No pint injury time when we're 4:0 up..?
  • Fly city airport
  • Fly city airport

Not sure if you can fly from City to Heathrow Airport ;)

You'll need to get out of the ground REALLY promptly, as the platforms quickly fill up at Charlton station after a match (and the Coventry fans in the JS) are actually nearer the station than the home areas!

You'll need to get out of the ground REALLY promptly, as the platforms quickly fill up at Charlton station after a match (and the Coventry fans in the JS) are actually nearer the station than the home areas!

This with bells on.
    2nd half of last season BTP employed a crack team of work shy pisstakers who restricted access to the London bound platform at Charlton station after games on a purely random basis. There was no telling how many people on the platform they considered appropriate, they sure as fuck never shifted a leg to get the people there present to shift up the platform a bit to ease access for the rest of us. Routinely we were held outside a locked gate to watch a train arrive, embark half a platform's worth of punters and clear off half empty to stand in the rain for another half an hour, for no better reason the taxsponge-in-charge had the power. When one such odious prick was politely queried on his decision to disrupt countless journeys home, he loudly and indignantly exclaimed "if you don't like it grandad, report me, see how far that gets you" while pointing at his number. We await even an acknowledgement from said taxsponging, odious prick's superiors, that any complaint has been made.

Realistically, save yourself the heartache and stress. Watching a Charlton youth and crocks XI make up the numbers against whatever version of CCFC is still trading, will be a heartbreaking affair unworthy of complicating your homeward journey.
  • Sponsored links:

This with bells on.
    2nd half of last season BTP employed a crack team of work shy pisstakers who restricted access to the London bound platform at Charlton station after games on a purely random basis. There was no telling how many people on the platform they considered appropriate, they sure as fuck never shifted a leg to get the people there present to shift up the platform a bit to ease access for the rest of us. Routinely we were held outside a locked gate to watch a train arrive, embark half a platform's worth of punters and clear off half empty to stand in the rain for another half an hour, for no better reason the taxsponge-in-charge had the power. When one such odious prick was politely queried on his decision to disrupt countless journeys home, he loudly and indignantly exclaimed "if you don't like it grandad, report me, see how far that gets you" while pointing at his number. We await even an acknowledgement from said taxsponging, odious prick's superiors, that any complaint has been made.

Realistically, save yourself the heartache and stress. Watching a Charlton youth and crocks XI make up the numbers against whatever version of CCFC is still trading, will be a heartbreaking affair unworthy of complicating your homeward journey.
    Or leave on 90 mins to ensure you're on the platform before the rush ?

This with bells on.

Well, living in the other hemisphere I only get one or two chances a season to shatter my dreams. May drop in again for the Barnsley game 2 weeks later before disappearing for another year to build new illusions...
  • If time is of the essence you really have no choice other than to use the Heathrow Express, yes it’s expensive but the tube (Piccadilly Line) takes an eternity and will quite possibly leave you stressed out.....unless that is you’re not that rushed.
    If you do use The HR Express, make sure you get a ticket BEFORE you get on board......the feckers will rob you blind otherwise.
  • The TFL have taken over the Heathrow Connect from Paďington takes 30mins normal TFL fares and you can use an Oyster card.
  • Hi jack the plane and demand to be taken to city airport.

Not really.

• Good luck mate but i suspect coming across a few different routes there will be a show stopper in there somewhere.
  • May be able to get away with 7:30pm arrival at Heathrow. See how I go with leaving the Charlton station, then decide between tube and express..?
  • May be able to get away with 7:30pm arrival at Heathrow. See how I go with leaving the Charlton station, then decide between tube and express..?

Clive's advice is the safest/best option.

Do NOT get the Heathrow Express as it will be no quicker plus the extra cost.

Do NOT wait for the game to finish as you will almost certainly struggle for a 19.00 arrival.
  • edited June 2018

May be able to get away with 7:30pm arrival at Heathrow. See how I go with leaving the Charlton station, then decide between tube and express..?

Clive's advice is the safest/best option.

Do NOT get the Heathrow Express as it will be no quicker plus the extra cost.

Do NOT wait for the game to finish as you will almost certainly struggle for a 19.00 arrival.
    Thanks for the sensible advice though knowing my 'she'll be right' tendencies I probably will end up in a panic somewhere foggy come 7pm...