Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jeremy Corbyn backs idea of putting fan on the board at Charlton

Comments

• Scoham said:

cabbles said:

Little did Corbyn know that by making that statement he would trigger such furore on said club’s fan’s forum

Not just here, I posted it after seeing it on the main Charlton Facebook group. Same sort of reaction there, little commenting on the article itself, mainly just people letting everyone know how much they dislike Corbyn.

But this can't be. Leuth told us his policies are immensely popular.
  • Assume you are going to vote for the politician that would be be best for Charlton and/or football.

Based on actual statements, who would that be and what have they said?
  • Redrobo said:

Assume you are going to vote for the politician that would be be best for Charlton and/or football.

Not the one who does next to nothing about the rampant anti-Semitism in his party and is a friend to terrorists.
  • Redrobo said:

Assume you are going to vote for the politician that would be be best for Charlton and/or football.

Not the one who does next to nothing about the rampant anti-Semitism in his party and is a friend to terrorists.
    Shhhh. You can't say such things in 2018 ;-)
  • Hopefully Theresa May offers the same words so all those that judge corbyn can protest against her too.

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2017/11/28/british-pm-embarks-on-visit-to-saudi-arabia-jordan
  • shine166 said:

Hopefully Theresa May offers the same words so all those that judge corbyn can protest against her too.

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2017/11/28/british-pm-embarks-on-visit-to-saudi-arabia-jordan

no getting away from it, he's still a cock.
  • Redrobo said:

Ah, I can see you are struggling to understand the question.

I am not talking about Arsenal or Millwall supporters, but football in the wider context.
  • Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

I am not talking about Arsenal or Millwall supporters, but football in the wider context.
    If he's not able, or willing, to deal with serious issues like the rampant anti-Semitism in his own party and is so deluded that he's willing to ignore the misogyny and homophobia of the terror groups he befriends then I doubt he is capable of bringing about any real change in football, not that he'll ever, thankfully, be elected.

So it's a moot point about a click bait campaign endorsed by a man who ignores racism, homophobia and misogyny in his political allies.

Have you understood?
  • Sheesh, a politician who ignores *insert whatever’s relevant* in their political allies. Whatever next?
  • Sheesh, a politician who ignores *insert whatever’s relevant* in their political allies. Whatever next?

Pretty heavy things to ignore, no?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

cabbles said:

Little did Corbyn know that by making that statement he would trigger such furore on said club’s fan’s forum

Not just here, I posted it after seeing it on the main Charlton Facebook group. Same sort of reaction there, little commenting on the article itself, mainly just people letting everyone know how much they dislike Corbyn.

His policies (largely) are. He isn't.
  • Redrobo said:

Would love to have you explain how he is a friend to terrorists a phrase you now bandy about .
  • The whataboutery is why many people despise politics
  • The word 'rampant' is a bit of a cheeky one isn't it?

Throw it in to an observation to add colour and emotion to a debate, but it's meaning is pretty much subjective according to whoever is using it.

It is the kind of word often followed by a statement like 'I think you'll find everybody agrees/accepts/it is common knowledge' and so on.

It is a bit like the notion they signs saying 'no blacks, no dogs, no Irish' were everywhere remembered by everybody.

Now while the sentiment of such a sign may well have resonance, the centre for Irish studies at London Metropolitan University have only uncovered one actual example, from a Blackpool boarding house.

So if a person says such signs were 'rampant', or anything else is 'rampant', proceed with caution because it is likely to be rather a subjective opinion that would need a bit of development, including evidence, to become a truth.
  • Scoham said:

cabbles said:

His policies (largely) are. He isn't.
    Fair point.
  • Feck. Me and Diane never realised you were south of the river. You can all just feck off!
  • seth plum said:

Jeremy Corbyn or Jeremy Hunt?
    No contest.
    Rhyming slang is your friend.

Where did Jeremy Hunt come into a thread about what a cock Corbyn is??
    No complaints when Abbott's name gets mentioned!
  • seth plum said:

No contest.

• holyjo said:

Redrobo said:

Would love to have you explain how he is a friend to terrorists a phrase you now bandy about .
    I doubt that very much but since you asked

"Jeremy Corbyn has vowed to continue talking to terrorist organisations Hamas and Hezbollah, in comments that threaten to further destabilise his leadership ahead of the local elections.

The Labour leader refused to denounce the groups in the wake of calls from Jewish leaders, the Israeli Ambassador and members of his own party to distance himself from those with anti-Semitic views.

He has previously referred to the organisations as "friends", despite both being declared terrorist groups by the EU and America."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/01/jeremy-corbyn-under-pressure-to-denounce-friends-hamas-and-hezbo/
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018

shine166 said:

Hopefully Theresa May offers the same words so all those that judge corbyn can protest against her too.

no getting away from it, he's still a cock.
    ah so its not his politics, hes just a cock. Luckily nobody in the Tory ranks could be accused of being a cock.
  • holyjo said:

Redrobo said:

"Jeremy Corbyn has vowed to continue talking to terrorist organisations Hamas and Hezbollah, in comments that threaten to further destabilise his leadership ahead of the local elections.

The Labour leader refused to denounce the groups in the wake of calls from Jewish leaders, the Israeli Ambassador and members of his own party to distance himself from those with anti-Semitic views.

He has previously referred to the organisations as "friends", despite both being declared terrorist groups by the EU and America."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/01/jeremy-corbyn-under-pressure-to-denounce-friends-hamas-and-hezbo/

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/06/theresa-may-accused-of-double-standards-over-terrorism-funding

• Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

If he's not able, or willing, to deal with serious issues like the rampant anti-Semitism in his own party and is so deluded that he's willing to ignore the misogyny and homophobia of the terror groups he befriends then I doubt he is capable of bringing about any real change in football, not that he'll ever, thankfully, be elected.

So it's a moot point about a click bait campaign endorsed by a man who ignores racism, homophobia and misogyny in his political allies.

Have you understood?
    Whoosh!
  • seth plum said:

No contest.

I love a party with a happy atmosphere.

Said Jeremy.
  • shine166 said:

holyjo said:

Redrobo said:

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/06/theresa-may-accused-of-double-standards-over-terrorism-funding

more "what about-ism"
    ok keep spouting the anti semetic bollox and ignoring my question, seems to be the Tory way !

May cant be a 2 faced terrorist funding cunt.... because you said corbyn was first lol. Funny how even the intelligent people on here come across like fucking morons when politics is involved.
  • McBobbin said:

If you are a politician, seems you end up speaking to all kind of groups and governments that many consider unsavoury... It's the blinkers some have that astounds me.

100% this
    TelMc32 said:

holyjo said:

Redrobo said:

Wasn’t Nelson Mandela once classed a terrorist?

Not sure I am prepared to take advice from Jewish leaders/Ambassador or anyone who backs Netanyahu. Or from May, who cuddles up to the Saudis and needs the DUP (if you’re talking misogyny & homophobia) to keep her in power.

Corbyn was asked a question by a local journalist, about our club, when he was a couple of miles away from The Valley. He answered in a way that any sensible football fan would want.

The rest is bollocks!
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jun/26/remember-tories-nelson-mandela-apartheid
  • The anti-Semitism apologist and friend of terrorists can fuck off

Don't know why this is been flagged as abuse the man is a complete cock and so fucking anti english its beyond belief, please kindly come no where near my club ta.