Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeremy Corbyn backs idea of putting fan on the board at Charlton

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2018
    cabbles said:

Little did Corbyn know that by making that statement he would trigger such furore on said club’s fan’s forum

Not just here, I posted it after seeing it on the main Charlton Facebook group. Same sort of reaction there, little commenting on the article itself, mainly just people letting everyone know how much they dislike Corbyn.

If he reads either site he won’t be in a rush to come to a game.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Scoham said:

cabbles said:

Little did Corbyn know that by making that statement he would trigger such furore on said club’s fan’s forum

Not just here, I posted it after seeing it on the main Charlton Facebook group. Same sort of reaction there, little commenting on the article itself, mainly just people letting everyone know how much they dislike Corbyn.

You'd hope he'd have more important things to worry about.

The way things are going, he'll be one of 5000 people in the ground, so I suppose we need all the support we can get.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

He's working under cover for Roland :wink:

• Options

He would nick the Che hales flag

That old thing that nobody gives a shiny one about?
    He can have it.
    Heck, he can hang it up in hoxton if he wants.
    His opinion is worthless.
  • Options
    More importantly what does Shaye Given think?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

cabbles said:

If he’d have told me or I knew he was planning this I would’ve opened up the Labour thread again
  • Options
    This is the end,having our club connected to this most absurd of characters,please dont let him anywhere near the ground.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Pretty sure that isn't Jeremy Corbyn.
    Though I recognise Bartram's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'll ask Diane if she fancies popping along as well.

Please God no!!!!!!
  • Options
    Jeremy Corbyn or Jeremy Hunt?
    No contest.
    Rhyming slang is your friend.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    holyjo said:

holyjo said:

seth plum said:

No contest.

Where did Jeremy Hunt come into a thread about what a cock Corbyn is??
    Or a thread that discusses the excellent leader of the Labour Party who has kindly offered to assist our wonderful club
    Happy to have him criticised, I do so myself. I was correcting the ‘ new truth’ that the thread was about what a ‘cock’ JC was . The thread was about the offer that JC made and was subsequently hijacked by mostly ignorant and negative posts about JC

On that narrow point I’m patently correct
    but he's still a cock
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

holyjo said:

holyjo said:

seth plum said:

No contest.

Or a thread that discusses the excellent leader of the Labour Party who has kindly offered to assist our wonderful club
    Happy to have him criticised, I do so myself. I was correcting the ‘ new truth’ that the thread was about what a ‘cock’ JC was . The thread was about the offer that JC made and was subsequently hijacked by mostly ignorant and negative posts about JC

On that narrow point I’m patently correct
    but he's still a cock
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone ......
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Whereas if Boris Johnson said 'fuck the fans!' we'd probably see the same elements cheering on his contrarian bravado ;)

And you would still rate Naby Sarr
  • Options
    holyjo said:

seth plum said:

No contest.

I was watching the telly whilst reading this thread and Jeremy Hunt was in my face. So I thought 'they are both politicians called Jeremy'.
    Then I thought 'Corbyn rhymes with a lame attempt to make things better, but Hunt rhymes with c*nt'.
  • Options
    To be fair, the way things are going Jezza could end up being the best left winger we have available come the start of the season.

Beggars can’t be choosers.
  • Options

To be fair, the way things are going Jezza could end up being the best left winger we have available come the start of the season.

Yeah but you wouldn't have him at the back - too many own goals
  • Options

Left Back would be just fine.
  • Options
    Never knew Corbyn was into water boarding fans. Doesn’t surprise me lol.
  • Options

Erm, i think we can.

I'd sooner call back konchesky and get relegated 3 times.
  • Options
    Corbyn, get back in your trabbi and keep your slimey little communist hands off our club.
  • Options

I'd prefer to think of Jezza as a 'striker'* constantly missing open goals against non-league opposition who have ended up managed by the kit man.

*see what I did there?

;-)