Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Corden

Comments

• Options
    I liked him in the Gary Barlow documentary. (Have to confess I'm a Take That fan). But the latest clip which he did with the England players isn't funny at all.
  • Options
    His laugh pisses me off,apart from that take him or leave him.
  • Options

Macca's pipes have gone.

He is 76 to be fair.
  • Options
    Find him quite funny, dont watch him that much though.

Love Gavin and Stacey and still watch it occasionally
    Carpool Karaoke i quite like but only get ones that pop up from time to time on FB
    Most things i've seen him present or comedy shows again good value.
  • Options

8 million on a 2 year deal WTF

4m a year is absolute peanuts compared to other US TV hosts. The likes of Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon earn about 15m.
    Yeah you’re right, I’d turn it down too. What a loser he is...
  • Options
    Gavin and Stacey was a work of genius. He might as well have given up after that. Maybe he did.
  • Options
    Carter said:

It's not that he's untalented, far from it. He is a good actor. As a host though I don't like him, I know a lot of people do though which is what probably annoys me. Irrational I know

Ruth Jones is the one who wrote a lot of the stuff that made me laugh in Gavin & Stacey. Not to say James Corden didn't write anything funny but you need to watch the other stuff Ruth Jones has written to see her sense of humour at work

Out if interest, how do you know who wrote what in Gavin and Stacey ?
  • Options

Carter said:

It's not that he's untalented, far from it. He is a good actor. As a host though I don't like him, I know a lot of people do though which is what probably annoys me. Irrational I know

Ruth Jones is the one who wrote a lot of the stuff that made me laugh in Gavin & Stacey. Not to say James Corden didn't write anything funny but you need to watch the other stuff Ruth Jones has written to see her sense of humour at work

Out if interest, how do you know who wrote what in Gavin and Stacey ?
    I don't, but in my second paragraph I explain how I've come to the conclusion I have.

When James Corden writes something with subtlety that you need to think about like Ruth Jones has I'll revisit that, until then I think what I think
  • Options
    Didn’t he do the mouse in the Gruffako? Only thing I’ve ever seen of his that i didn’t think was utter cack.

I’ve never watched gavin & Stacey though so that could be what I’m missing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Didn’t he do the mouse in the Gruffako? Only thing I’ve ever seen of his that i didn’t think was utter cack.

No, he was in the Gruffalo
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Personally I don't mind him...

The way he wrote Gav and Stace with Ruth Jones was brilliant. The main plot is obviously a bloke (Gavin) meeting a girl (Stacey) from the other end of the country and quickly marries her. One of the sub plots being Smithy getting Nessa pregnant and having a son of his own who he wants to have quality time with. But another clever bit of writing is how upset Smithy get losing his mate (Gavlar) to a bird and how quickly it happens with Gav getting married to Stace. That is even though Smithy is an awkward relationship with a girl of about 17. And I think a lot of young guys who have lost their best mate to a girl can relate to Smithy in someways.
  • Options
    I like him , and Gavin and Stacey was excellent! Bit piss take that US has him now but good luck to him!
  • Options
    The World Cup show he did in 2010 was decent.
  • Options
    Watched the McCartney bit in Liverpool and absolutely loved it. Imagine walking into your local and suddenly Paul McCartney starts playing.
  • Options

The way he wrote Gav and Stace with Ruth Jones was brilliant. The main plot is obviously a bloke (Gavin) meeting a girl (Stacey) from the other end of the country and quickly marries her. One of the sub plots being Smithy getting Nessa pregnant and having a son of his own who he wants to have quality time with. But another clever bit of writing is how upset Smithy get losing his mate (Gavlar) to a bird and how quickly it happens with Gav getting married to Stace. That is even though Smithy is an awkward relationship with a girl of about 17. And I think a lot of young guys who have lost their best mate to a girl can relate to Smithy in someways.

The other end of the country?
  • Options
    Never been that impressed by him but, he has definately made the most of his talents, and you have to admire his success.
  • Options

I always got the impression she was about 14/15
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

The other end of the country?
    The other side of the country if you like. Still about 200 miles away.
  • Options

Spoilers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No, he was in the Gruffalo
    You can go off people who pick pick pick at every stupid mistake you make ;)
  • Options
    He turned 40 last week
  • Options

He turned 40 last week

?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

He turned 40 last week

?
    Just 50 years to go...
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Riviera said:

He turned 40 last week

?
    Just 50 years to go...
    If he gets to 90 I'll give you a million pounds.
  • Options

He turned 40 last week

Thanks for the (late) reminder, just popped a card in the post for him.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

C_A_F_C said:

Riviera said:

He turned 40 last week

?
    Just 50 years to go...
    If he gets to 90 I'll give you a million pounds.
    Is that because you wont be there too? ;)
  • Options
    Been enjoying a league of their own this series. So much better without him. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Some have been good but Amanda Holden didn't suit it last night. It felt wrong, others though have done a good job of covering.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Talal said:
    Some have been good but Amanda Holden didn't suit it last night. It felt wrong, others though have done a good job of covering.
    Not seen that one yet but yeah she's an odd choice.