Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Corden

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else getting confused with a thread on James Corden and a thread on Jeremy Corbyn so close to each other
  • Options

Anyone else getting confused with a thread on James Corden and a thread on Jeremy Corbyn so close to each other

Both pricks
  • Options
    Only another 997 pages until this thread gets to 1,000!!
  • Options
    I don't mind him and Gavin and Stacey was great.

I do know someone who worked as a runner on League of Their Own though and her opinion is that he's an arrogant rude arsehole. Whereas she said Jamie Redknapp and Flintoff are nice blokes.
  • Options

I do know someone who worked as a runner on League of Their Own though and her opinion is that he's an arrogant rude arsehole. Whereas she said Jamie Redknapp and Flintoff are nice blokes.

I don't wanna go too much into it, but I heard the same thing from someone who worked really close to him for a while
  • Options
    Admittedly he was good in Gavin and Stacey but he was part of an ensemble cast that gelled supremely. On his own I just think he’s a bit a try-hard who attempts to be too funny. Still wouldn’t be the first person in the public eye who I’d want to punch in the face if I saw them in the street though
  • Options

Bilko said:

I know Big William is a big fan.

The only person in the known universe more irritating than Jamie Oliver.

What?? I can appreciate that he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but no fucking way is he as annoying as Jamie Oliver.
  • Options
    Excellent in Gavin and Stacey and good early on in league of their own. Also those smithy England sketches as someone else mentioned were good. Apart from those not seen much of him to be fair
  • Options
    Worked with James on A League of their Own. Very nice and friendly guy who has a lot of time for the fans of the show who spend ages waiting for pics etc after the filming finishes. Can say first hand he has a LOT of time for CAFC and our current plight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Worked with James on A League of their Own. Very nice and friendly guy who has a lot of time for the fans of the show who spend ages waiting for pics etc after the filming finishes. Can say first hand he has a LOT of time for CAFC and our current plight.

Just goes to show how much people can see things differently eh?
  • Options
    Think he's a real talent
  • Options
    As funny as a dose of the clap.
  • Options
    I think he is great!! Seems genuine and funny and so talented
  • Options
    He is big over here ! I like him and he comes across as genuine. His missus is CAFC and he likes us.
  • Options

I remember seeing him as a kid in Fat Friends, if someone had told you back then that he’d end up where he is now you’d have laughed your balls off.

I am not a fan myself, he’s just a tad too pleased with himself for my liking, but you have to take your hat off to him, he’s done bloody well.

I honestly thought I opened up the Alan Sugar thread and I read this wracking my brain thinking I didn’t see him in Fat Friends!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

He must pinch himself every morning and wonder how the hell he got to where he is in showbiz...... all I see is a really aggravating fat bloke with bugger all talent!
    I guess he fills the 'middle of the road, vanilla, harmless, chubby, next door, housewife liking, no talent' void that didn't need filling!

Re-read what you have written!! Just because you're not keen it doesn't add up to not being talented!! Of course he's talented. Proof of the pudding etc.

I think Mick Jagger spouts an awful monotone noise out of his mouth and Jonny Depp can't act for toffee, but because that's my view it doesn't mean they're not talented!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

He must pinch himself every morning and wonder how the hell he got to where he is in showbiz...... all I see is a really aggravating fat bloke with bugger all talent!
    I guess he fills the 'middle of the road, vanilla, harmless, chubby, next door, housewife liking, no talent' void that didn't need filling!

I'm pretty sure he got to where he is because of hard work. You don't win Bafta's and Emmy's, a Tony award, present countless award ceremonies and also present one of the most successful shows on US tv if you're a talentless idiot.
  • Options
    I like him generally but am astonished by the success (which launched him in America) of 'One Man Two Guv'nors'.
    I found it predictable in the audience stooge stuff, poorly staged, unfunny, lacking cohesion, with a series of dreary actors indulging in crap party pieces like funny old man walks and chest thumping singing. In relation to the hype and reviews it was a con of the highest order, but given the high ticket prices those who saw it are unlikely to say it was poor or they felt ripped off.
    Having said that Cordon is a smart guy with the common touch, once he loses that touch and raised himself above the ordinary person he will be finished.
    If he is that good, let him play Lopahkin in 'The Cherry Orchard' and we can see if he has substance that travels beyond this digital/Macdonalds era.
  • Options
    I liked one man two guvnors! Had Rufus hound in it when I saw it mind
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macca's pipes have gone. Either a vocal track or someone else singing along for the pub songs at the end. And the band sounded weirdly a lot bigger than it actually was. But the bit in the barbershop and his old house was really touching.
  • Options
    One man two guvnors is the only show/play I have ever left at the interval.
  • Options

One man two guvnors is the only show/play I have ever left at the interval.

It was so over rated. I saw it with Corden in with the Mrs and three other couples. None of us could see what all the fuss was about.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The carpool karaoke episode with Paul McCartney is absolutely brilliant, watched it abou an hour ago.

I got about 8 seconds in and threw-up...
  • Options
    8 million on a 2 year deal WTF
  • Options
    cafctom said:

There are times I like him and times I can’t stand him, but I have warmed to him a little bit in the last year or two. He was a great child actor in Fat Friends!

The carpool karaoke episode with Paul McCartney is absolutely brilliant, watched it abou an hour ago.

Just watched it and enjoyed it. 13 million views now

The pub scene was clearly planned and staged, the beer hand pubs have all had their pump clips removed for a start, but enjoyable. Nice pub that too, The Philharmonic
  • Options
    He's another one who I decided I didn't like so I read his autobiography. Now Simon Jordan actually made me not dislike him as much for example after reading his book. James Corden managed to convince me he was just as big of a penis as I suspected.

Very capable actor as has been proven by the runs he's had on Broadway and the west end. If he stuck to that then I don't think we'd have this overexposure dislike of him.

A league of their own makes me cringe, there is no subtlety at all because he's constantly explaining the jokes or innuendo which totally defeats the object.

• Options

8 million on a 2 year deal WTF

4m a year is absolute peanuts compared to other US TV hosts. The likes of Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon earn about 15m.
  • Options
    gavin and stacey - hilarious
    england team speech - killing it a bit

since then wouldn't go out my way to watch him but fair play as now worth a mint.