Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Corden

Comments

• Options
    He's probably one of those blokes who would be good company one on one over a pint though.
  • Options
    Married to a charlton fan and as someone said backed us against Roland couple or times so not all bad. Does seem full of himself
  • Options
    I know Big William is a big fan.
  • Options
    Didn't like him when he was presenting the brits etc but his show is good fun
  • Options
    Bilko said:

The only person in the known universe more irritating than Jamie Oliver.

• Options
    He just doesn't appear remotely authentic...

...probably why he is so popular in America.
  • Options
    America ruined him for me, love Gavin & Stacey but i just can't stand his fake 'British' accent on US TV
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

He's good in a Mike Leigh film called "All of Nothing" because he's not trying to be funny.

He is absolutely superb in that. Great film. Corden is a superb actor and versatile seeing him in that to the loveable buffoon in Gavin and Stacey.
  • Options
    I think he is funny on a league of their own but a dick on the late night show
  • Options
    He must pinch himself every morning and wonder how the hell he got to where he is in showbiz...... all I see is a really aggravating fat bloke with bugger all talent!
    I guess he fills the 'middle of the road, vanilla, harmless, chubby, next door, housewife liking, no talent' void that didn't need filling!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are times I like him and times I can’t stand him, but I have warmed to him a little bit in the last year or two. He was a great child actor in Fat Friends!

The carpool karaoke episode with Paul McCartney is absolutely brilliant, watched it abou an hour ago.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

He must pinch himself every morning and wonder how the hell he got to where he is in showbiz...... all I see is a really aggravating fat bloke with bugger all talent!
    I guess he fills the 'middle of the road, vanilla, harmless, chubby, next door, housewife liking, no talent' void that didn't need filling!

Watch him in the Mike Leigh film if you've not already seen it and it may change your view about him lacking talent as an actor. He has worked hard at his acting over the years which is refreshing in these times of people being elevated to celebrity status and all its trappings without having to graft or have any modicum of talent.
  • Options

you're right, agree.

Hes in his element on that show surrounded by his mates and hes funny.

The late late show is obviously a promotion in comparison via a larger american audience, but all he does is easy trump jokes and uses material from comedians back in the uk.

The Harvey Weinstein jokes were not good enough to be accepted due to the timing.
    Chris Rock probably would have done a better job shortly after a particular subject like that.

Dont risk tabboo subjects if you still want to be liked.

Frankie Boyle is an expert at not giving a shit.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

you're right, agree.

Hes in his element on that show surrounded by his mates and hes funny.

The late late show is obviously a promotion in comparison via a larger american audience, but all he does is easy trump jokes and uses material from comedians back in the uk.

The Harvey Weinstein jokes were not good enough to be accepted due to the timing.
    Chris Rock probably would have done a better job shortly after a particular subject like that.

Dont risk tabboo subjects if you still want to be liked.

Frankie Boyle is an expert at not giving a shit.

Cos he's a Labour an all
  • Options
    cafctom said:

There are times I like him and times I can’t stand him, but I have warmed to him a little bit in the last year or two. He was a great child actor in Fat Friends!

The carpool karaoke episode with Paul McCartney is absolutely brilliant, watched it abou an hour ago.

loved it but spoilt it by the bit at the end in the pub.....so thst wasn't planned then ?? drum kit, speakers & band all amped up....yeh, really improvised then. Also going back to visit his old house..... You don't actually think that the women lives there do you - with the old kitchen & 1950's chairs ??? I pretty sure the council bought the property & mocked it up to look like it was when he lived there....prob part of a Beatles tour they do.

Best karaoke carpool I've seen is the one with George Michael for Comic relief.
  • Options
    He's ok, maybe overexposed now?

He was good in Doctor Who too (back in 2010)
  • Options

cafctom said:

loved it but spoilt it by the bit at the end in the pub.....so thst wasn't planned then ?? drum kit, speakers & band all amped up....yeh, really improvised then. Also going back to visit his old house..... You don't actually think that the women lives there do you - with the old kitchen & 1950's chairs ??? I pretty sure the council bought the property & mocked it up to look like it was when he lived there....prob part of a Beatles tour they do.

Err, of course it was planned. It's all planned, it's TV.
  • Options
    His old house is owned by the National Trust I think
  • Options

Ain't got time to fix the shingles
    Ain't got time to fix the floor
    Ain't got time to oil the hinges
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I like him, although he's a bit OTT & sickly.

Carpool Karaoke Vol 3 highlights from his shows. Sunday 8pm Sky One.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Greenie said:

Watch him in the Mike Leigh film if you've not already seen it and it may change your view about him lacking talent as an actor. He has worked hard at his acting over the years which is refreshing in these times of people being elevated to celebrity status and all its trappings without having to graft or have any modicum of talent.
    Fair enough Rodders.
    I just don't like the cut of his jib.
  • Options

Ain't got time to fix the shingles
    Ain't got time to fix the floor
    Ain't got time to oil the hinges
    Next you’ll be telling me, its got a green door.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Of course it was planned but the punters in the pub knew nothing about it and neither did any of the folk who got wind of it outside and joined in when the word got out.....a moment never to be forgetten for those very lucky few.
  • Options
    Think he’s brilliant and don’t get the dislike, done well over in the US

Some of his Smithy sketches with the England team were hilarious
  • Options
    Look at me
    Look at me
    Look at me
    Look at meeeee

That’s James Corden that is
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Look at me
    Look at me
    Look at me
    Look at meeeee

That’s James Corden that is

I thought that’s what showbiz is all about......... isn’t it?
  • Options
    He's harmless and occasionally quite funny but I can see why he would rub some people the wrong way.
  • Options
    I like him. He was very funny in Gavin and Stacey and the carpool karaoke thing is original and funny. A very talented bloke who is making the most of his opportunities. Good luck to him.
  • Options

Bilko said:

The only person in the known universe more irritating than Jamie Oliver.

Aren't you forgetting Russell Bland?

• Options
    I like him.

Wish I was half as talented as him.