Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SUNDERLAND AWAY 2018/19

Comments

• Long shot I know but anyone on here know a good pub in the Devon/Somerset border area that will be showing the game ??

Currently on holiday in N Devon & leaving saturday morning. Have to be out of property by 10 so gives us approx 2 hours driving time. Was initially thinking Taunton but may have time to get a bit further East.......planning on going home straight after the game via A303.

cheers.....
  • edited July 2018

Long shot I know but anyone on here know a good pub in the Devon/Somerset border area that will be showing the game ??

Currently on holiday in N Devon & leaving saturday morning. Have to be out of property by 10 so gives us approx 2 hours driving time. Was initially thinking Taunton but may have time to get a bit further East.......planning on going home straight after the game via A303.

cheers.....

Ring of Bells, St James St, Taunton is showing the match @golfaddick
  • With our squad I cant see anything other then a defeat, no chance Im getting up at 4am and travelling for 14-15 hours for that.
  • Sunderland’s injuries doesn’t change stance on the unwanted

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/948429514?-11197:833
  • edited July 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Long shot I know but anyone on here know a good pub in the Devon/Somerset border area that will be showing the game ??

cheers.....

Thanks......much appreciated.

Out of interest....how do you know ??

• I don't know why some people think Sunderland will wallop us, we've let in 1 goal in 180 minutes against Championship sides

I think it will be a cautious match, with out best chance being to keep things tight and try and nick a goal

I'll have whatever you're drinking. Unless things change I predict we'll lose 4-0.</blockquote

Mackems also crying about injury woes.
  • Long shot I know but anyone on here know a good pub in the Devon/Somerset border area that will be showing the game ??

cheers.....

Do we still have a west country supporters club?

cheers.....

https://pubfinder.sky.com/

Just put in your required postcode Golfie.
  • edited July 2018

JamesSeed said:

cheers.....

Thanks......much appreciated.

Out of interest....how do you know ??

Mum was in a home in Taunton suffering from dementia for her last three years. She was the President of the West Country Addicks a few years earlier. Parents moved down there when my dad retired, as my sister lived in Wiveliscombe, near Taunton.
    I know the town well and couldn't think of a pub that would have football on, but checked on the website mentioned above.
  • Where you staying @golfaddick ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Promises to be a feast of football... .
  • I’m looking forward to it. Balls to Roland, we’ll win despite his efforts. I think Bowyer’s had a decent few weeks, despite the totally bloody chaos going on all around him.
  • edited July 2018

Where you staying @golfaddick ?

Just outside Woolacombe.

but have to leave by 10 am so thought it would be good to start the journey home & stop around 12. Was thinking we could get further than Taunton but depends on:

1) If we take the A361 to the M5 ......but could get stuck on there (nitemare last year) & be listening to the game on the radio.

or

2) go over the top via the moor so if we were delayed there may be a town we could divert to.

• edited August 2018
    Such dedication Golfie so that you can have a good old moan up afterwards. Listen to Smooth and have a relaxing journey all the way home. :wink:
  • re: pay on the day.... I just called the Stadium of Light...they do expect returns so very likely that you'll be able to pay on the day, but they won't know for sure until tomorrow...which is when I'll make my mind up as to whether I'm going or not...
  • re: pay on the day.... I just called the Stadium of Light...they do expect returns so very likely that you'll be able to pay on the day, but they won't know for sure until tomorrow...which is when I'll make my mind up as to whether I'm going or not...

As we had an allocation of 1,000 tickets i would imagine there will be a few 'returns'.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b4e0817a787c/sunderland-tickets-to-go-on-sale-on-wednesday-morning
  • clive said:

re: pay on the day.... I just called the Stadium of Light...they do expect returns so very likely that you'll be able to pay on the day, but they won't know for sure until tomorrow...which is when I'll make my mind up as to whether I'm going or not...

As we had an allocation of 1,000 tickets i would imagine there will be a few 'returns'.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b4e0817a787c/sunderland-tickets-to-go-on-sale-on-wednesday-morning
    How come we only have an allocation of 1000 tickets ??? SOL must seat 40,000.....can't believe they're be selling out the rest of the ground. Or is it the amount we said we would sell ??

sorry, not been paying much attention to the start of the season.
  • anyone who wants to go will get in
  • Can I get a daypass for sky sports, or what?
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

re: pay on the day.... I just called the Stadium of Light...they do expect returns so very likely that you'll be able to pay on the day, but they won't know for sure until tomorrow...which is when I'll make my mind up as to whether I'm going or not...

How come we only have an allocation of 1000 tickets ??? SOL must seat 40,000.....can't believe they're be selling out the rest of the ground. Or is it the amount we said we would sell ??

sorry, not been paying much attention to the start of the season.
    Why would they give us more than 1k when we won't even sell that.
  • Can I get a daypass for sky sports, or what?

Treat yourself, go down the pub and watch it ! ..... Or on second thoughts, treat yourself and don't watch it at all, save the misery !
  • I see that Sunderlandhave sold 26,000 tickets for tomorrow, including just under 22,000 season tickets. With late purchases and walk ups on the day, the attendance should be about 30,000 - the biggest league (probably any) crowd we’ll play in front of this year.
  • RedChaser said:

Such dedication Golfie so that you can have a good old moan up afterwards. Listen to Smooth and have a relaxing journey all the way home. :wink:

Keen to find a boozer that is showing the game then will moan like f*** 100% throughout!

Stop going Golfie, that's what I did. I became a miserable bugger like you.
  • 617 sold, tbh quite surprised a decent night out/piss up, hotel and trains were less than 140
  • I've just ordered a ticket for this. Leave about 6.30am, probably see us go 3-0 down in the first 15 minutes. How to totally ruin a weekend.
  • Blucher said:

I see that Sunderlandhave sold 26,000 tickets for tomorrow, including just under 22,000 season tickets. With late purchases and walk ups on the day, the attendance should be about 30,000 - the biggest league (probably any) crowd we’ll play in front of this year.

How many have they sold for Saturday ?
  • 617 sold, tbh quite surprised a decent night out/piss up, hotel and trains were less than 140

so probably by KO c700/750 (walk ups and the like)....very reasonable turnout IMO given it's a 12.30 live sky game + throw in the state of the club at the moment and the likely starting 11 etc.
    i was saying that over 600 exceeded what i thought it would be. so yeah not bad my 1st trip to the ground so looking forward to it also the only game this season where there will actually be a decent crowd of my mates doing it 11 of us heading up.
  • Think I may have been possessed earlier today. Ticket and valley express purchased. No logical reason why I'd agree to get up at 3:30 on a Saturday, go to bexleyheath where the drunks are probably still out and spend pretty much the entire day on a coach for 90mins of football.