Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SUNDERLAND AWAY 2018/19

Comments

• Check out the Mackems squad .. not many household names there to overworry about .. except Cattermole who likes to crack an opponents limb or two 'early doors'
    https://www.safc.com/players/1st-team
  • JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

Sage said:

Already got my hotel and train tickets booked, just need to get the match tickets now.

Hopefully they go on sale soon as it’s only around 3 weeks away now. Any idea how they will go on sale too, I am guessing ST holders and Valley Gold first but should reach general sale no worries... right?

i hope so as im on the 7.30 out of kings cross meaning a 6.03 from barnehurst quick dump off bags in toon then metro or train to sunderland ( any lifers with a bit better info on whats best would be welcomed ) after the match quick shower and then have a night out in newcastle, havent done a stopover since THAT game against sheffield utd.
    I am heading up on the Friday and back on the Saturday due to working on the Sunday morning.

Train up from Kings Cross early afternoon, and train back from Sunderland around 5:30, having some food after the game has finished, watch the scores come in of the rest and train down.

Looks as though they have a shopping centre right next to Sunderland station so that could be handy.
    I'm on the same train back @Sage , and also going up on Friday, but to stay with the great nephew of a good friend of Jimmy Seed's, who's going to show me around Whitburn, JS's home town (on Saturday morning).
    May well see you in that case @JamesSeed - sounds like you’re going to have an interesting time learning more about your grandad. Have a great time.
  • Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

Sage said:

Already got my hotel and train tickets booked, just need to get the match tickets now.

Hopefully they go on sale soon as it’s only around 3 weeks away now. Any idea how they will go on sale too, I am guessing ST holders and Valley Gold first but should reach general sale no worries... right?

i hope so as im on the 7.30 out of kings cross meaning a 6.03 from barnehurst quick dump off bags in toon then metro or train to sunderland ( any lifers with a bit better info on whats best would be welcomed ) after the match quick shower and then have a night out in newcastle, havent done a stopover since THAT game against sheffield utd.
    I am heading up on the Friday and back on the Saturday due to working on the Sunday morning.

Train up from Kings Cross early afternoon, and train back from Sunderland around 5:30, having some food after the game has finished, watch the scores come in of the rest and train down.

Looks as though they have a shopping centre right next to Sunderland station so that could be handy.
    I'm on the same train back @Sage , and also going up on Friday, but to stay with the great nephew of a good friend of Jimmy Seed's, who's going to show me around Whitburn, JS's home town (on Saturday morning).
    May well see you in that case @JamesSeed - sounds like you’re going to have an interesting time learning more about your grandad. Have a great time.
    @JamesSeed you never said you had a famous Grandad :wink:
  • Anyone used the metro system in Newcastle? I land in Newcastle airport at 10:30 and looking to jump on and go to Sunderland
  • J BLOCK said:

Anyone used the metro system in Newcastle? I land in Newcastle airport at 10:30 and looking to jump on and go to Sunderland

I put a metro map on here … look @ the first 2 pages.. also a timetable
  • J BLOCK said:

Anyone used the metro system in Newcastle? I land in Newcastle airport at 10:30 and looking to jump on and go to Sunderland

Yep have seen it thanks, just wondering if anyone knew how long it would roughly take
  • Google is very easy to use
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Yep have seen it thanks, just wondering if anyone knew how long it would roughly take
    Google reckons just over an hour.
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair Wiki says they’ve lost 21 players this summer.

Plus half their new signings are Scottish so will probably be terrible.
  • se9addick said:

To be fair Wiki says they’ve lost 21 players this summer.

Easy for commuting I suppose.
  • Must have had a shit team last season if they’ve brought that many players in. I’m surprised they weren’t relegated...
  • se9addick said:

To be fair Wiki says they’ve lost 21 players this summer.

the new manager is a novice scot with no experience in the EFL (few games as a player years ago) .. he'll be hoping to mould a side of ambitious young players into a winning outfit .. we'll put him right on that one next Saturday
  • I don't know why some people think Sunderland will wallop us, we've let in 1 goal in 180 minutes against Championship sides

I think it will be a cautious match, with out best chance being to keep things tight and try and nick a goal
  • edited July 2018

I don't know why some people think Sunderland will wallop us, we've let in 1 goal in 180 minutes against Championship sides

I think it will be a cautious match, with out best chance being to keep things tight and try and nick a goal

Have Brighton been relegated? :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

I don't know why some people think Sunderland will wallop us, we've let in 1 goal in 180 minutes against Championship sides

Yes, along with Palace and Cardiff. I borrowed the Tardis to find out :smile:
  • RedChaser said:

Don't suppose we'd been taken over and got promoted? :wink:
  • Have you seen our squad? We won't beat Sunderland
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Don't suppose we'd been taken over and got promoted? :wink:
    Whichever period of time in the future I land the Tardis in, the takeover is always expected to be finalised in a couple of weeks...
  • I don't know why some people think Sunderland will wallop us, we've let in 1 goal in 180 minutes against Championship sides

I'll have whatever you're drinking. Unless things change I predict we'll lose 4-0.
  • edited July 2018
    I bet they mention the play-off final, reflecting on happier times for both clubs.
  • Does anyone know if you can pay on the day at Sunderland?
  • I think Ross will do well at Sunderland - did a great job at St Mirren.

Expect a comfortable 4-0 Sunderland win with a couple of goals gifted by miskicks from our keeper. CL won't go into meltdown as most people have given up.

Probably as much chance “play on the day” if you turn up as well.
  • edited July 2018

Does anyone know if you can pay on the day at Sunderland?</blockquote

Best ring the club, I have heard we have sold 3,000 so far.

Just don't go around flashing £20 notes, they're not used to such large sums of money up there