Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Manic Street Preachers

2»

Comments

• Options
    iainment said:

cafctom said:

Not really, as I don’t understand why someone would listen to their albums after thinking they have been ‘cack’ for over twenty years, but everyone’s different I spose.

I know people who like them. I don't. Is that ok with you or is that trolling?
    You are a bit precious aren't you?
    Not really, just find it a bit (very) odd. That’s all.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

iainment said:

cafctom said:

Not really, as I don’t understand why someone would listen to their albums after thinking they have been ‘cack’ for over twenty years, but everyone’s different I spose.

I'm sure there are bands I really like that you, or other people, don't. It's called having an opinion. My opinion on this is different to yours, that's all.

• Options
    Everything Must Go is a top, top record, they've not made anything nearly as good since.

I saw them supporting the Stone Roses, was their first gig after Richie vanished. They were excellent that night....
  • Options
    They are on Sky 1 at the moment at the IOW festival.

Like I said, I find them a bit meh, a bit Curbishley (got no personality), they're not exactly rocking the place.
  • Options
    They just murdered In Between Days (The Cure).
  • Options
    I like some of their stuff, but especially liked them when they were interviewed and they wanted to pay tribute, and indeed put some of their success down to their education at comprehensive schools.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    cafctom said:

Huge fan of theirs, and have all of their albums. Really like some of the songs from their new release.

Not enough rock bands with a real purpose or message these days like the Manics.

As for underrated - James Dean Bradfield is exceptionally underrated as both a guitarist and singer.

His voice was bloody shocking tonight. I wouldn't know if he's normally so poor live.
    Perhaps it was down to his comprehensive education ?
  • Options
    Lots of bands I think are shite, not the manic street preachers who, despite being welsh, are a very good rock band who I have consistently undervalued for years.

Top quality.
  • Options
    iainment said:

cafctom said:

iainment said:

cafctom said:

I'm sure there are bands I really like that you, or other people, don't. It's called having an opinion. My opinion on this is different to yours, that's all.

Yeah I usually wouldn’t go into a thread to waste my time to say they are cack without adding some sort of discussion point as to why
  • Options
    It's all about opinion. I think they are incredibly dull and totally overrated. They were huge for a while in the noughties and all over the radio.

Loads of my friends really rate Holly Bible and at the time I was really into that genre of music. But I never got it and always thought it dull and far too cheesy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I also believe how much you like a band will colour your opinion on thier live shows. I've seen bands live at festivals where people have said they were amazing when they looked bored, disinterested and generally going through the motions.
  • Options
    Other than Motorcycle Emptiness and La Tristesse Durera (sp) they are cack.
  • Options
    Vinnie V. said:

It's all about opinion. I think they are incredibly dull and totally overrated. They were huge for a while in the noughties and all over the radio.

Loads of my friends really rate Holly Bible and at the time I was really into that genre of music. But I never got it and always thought it dull and far too cheesy.

But they are not overrated! That is why I started this thread. No one lists them as their top band or even in a Top 10.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Vinnie V. said:

But they are not overrated! That is why I started this thread. No one lists them as their top band or even in a Top 10.
    Even MSP fans don't list them in their top 10 :smile:
  • Options
    cafctom said:

iainment said:

cafctom said:

iainment said:

cafctom said:

Yeah I usually wouldn’t go into a thread to waste my time to say they are cack without adding some sort of discussion point as to why
    Ask that of the poster I quoted then as well as me.
    He just said that they're shit.
    It's @i_b_b_o_r_g if you hadn't noticed.
  • Options
    Are they like the "Hare Krishnas"?
  • Options
    iainment said:

cafctom said:

iainment said:

cafctom said:

iainment said:

cafctom said:

Ask that of the poster I quoted then as well as me.
    He just said that they're shit.
    It's @i_b_b_o_r_g if you hadn't noticed.
    Just can’t get the mods these days.
  • Options
    Joint headline for Absolute Radio's 10th birthday with George Ezra and the Blossoms, at Shepherd's Bush O2.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I like all three and tickets were only £13.
  • Options

Joint headline for Absolute Radio's 10th birthday with George Ezra and the Blossoms, at Shepherd's Bush O2.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I like all three and tickets were only £13.

I don’t get the George Ezra thing, seem like a novelty act.

Love MSPs though, the Masses Against the Classes is probably my favourite song but the early albums are probably their best.
  • Options
    Saw the singles set at the o2 on a cheap tix. They got 2 more fans for life after that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of course they are underrated. Otherwise there would still be four of them.

Generation Terrorists was supposed to be the biggest selling rock album of all time: the original plan being to make just one great record and them make no more. The lyrics on that album are just incredible. The Holy Bible is an absolute work of art and the fact that this was not recognised as such at the time is what led the genius who wrote it to commit suicide (assuming that he did).

Say what you want about MSP, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I challenge anyone to find any lyrics by any band which are more political, and more intelligently written.

Capitalism will eventually fail: it's dying on its knees right now, and when it does all finishpeople will realise the truth in MSP lyrics.

Economic forecasts soothe our dereliction.
    Words of euthanasia, apathy of sick routine.
    Carried away with useless advertising dreams.
    Blinding children, life as automatons.

Natwest, Natwest – Barclays – Midlands – Lloyds.
    Black horse apocalypse. Death sanitised through credit.

Barclays iron eagle '33 injection'.
    Sold to advertiser, computer execution line.
    They give then take away, repossess and crucify.
    The more you own the more you are, lonelier with cheap desire.

Prosperity – exports for Pol Pot.
    Prosperity - Mein Kampf for beginners.

In these plagued streets of pity you can by anything
    For $200 anyone can conceive a God on video
    He's a boy, you want a girl so tear off his cock
    Tie his hair in bunches, fuck him, call him Rita if you want, if
    you want

Teacher starve your child, P.C. approved
    As long as the right words are used
    Systemised atrocity ignored
    As long as bi-lingual signs on view
    Ten foot sign in Oxford Street
    Be pure - be vigilant - behave
    Grey not neon, grey not real