Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Teams you hate international edition

Comments

• Options

Japan, South Korea, for obvious reasons.

Used to dislike Portugal as they knocked England out a couple times in the World Cup/European Cup.

Germany because too many people here pretend to be football fans by 'supporting' the champions. Plus whenever a major tournament comes around there'll be a lot of girls on social media posting photos of German players and writing silly things about how good-looking the German squad is. And a lot of them think the head coach of Germany is handsome. Ridiculous...

Handsome is a big stretch, but he was good in The Smiths.
  • Options
    Brazil - because of the way so many once-in-a-blue-moon football followers fawn over them "Why cant we be like them" - well maybe we could if we just competed at one fu**ing sport. They should almost never lose.

Argentina for historical reasons.

Both the above for the reason given by lordromford earlier in the thread.

Germany for being lucky against England so often.

If I didn't live here, I would probably be including Portugal at the moment, if I am honest.
  • Options
    China
    Argentina
    Saudi Arabia
    Scotland
  • Options

China
    Argentina
    Saudi Arabia
    Scotland

Why China? We've been in the World Cup finals only once. :lol:
  • Options

China
    Argentina
    Saudi Arabia
    Scotland

He likes the S Koreans! ;-)
  • Options

China
    Argentina
    Saudi Arabia
    Scotland

Plenty of reasons to dislike China. Mainly political. The football team, sadly, are tarred with that brush. Much like other nations that people dislike.
  • Options
    Everyone. It saves time. But particularly the Hun, the Irish, the Scots...….
  • Options
    the French. always the French.

after them I guess Germany, Argentina, South Africa, China, Russia, The US and the Scots.

after them everyone else including England.
  • Options
    I hate those teams full of whining, diving, injury-faking cheats, which is pretty much all of them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't think I was bothered enough about international football to 'hate' any other teams. In fact, when I first saw this thread I was a bit sniffy about it, thinking such emotions were beneath me. It turns out I was completely wrong in my sniffyness; I am thoroughly enjoying the demise of The Argentine.
  • Options
    The order always varies, but these are constants on the list:

Scotland
    Wales
    ROI
    France
    Argentina
    Turkey
    Germany - lessens year by year.
  • Options
    Must admit I was never really fussed about Argentina (Simeone as an individual for '98 yes but not the team as a whole) but the way they reacted in the last ten or so minutes with all of the hacking and strop throwing was pathetic from professional footballers. Things don't go your way sometimes and they ain't got a god given right to qualify for the knockouts just because of who they are.

Acting all hot tempered and stamping their feet is completely pathetic, as is disappearing off the pitch and not bothering to thank the fans that have travelled thousands of miles to support them and made a ton of noise for them all the way through the game. Messi can get stuffed as well.
  • Options

Yes the won the final without him but that was 1 match and more to do with France falling apart under pressure.
    Home Tournament
    Favourites to win
    Ronaldo off injured(which made them even more favourites)
    The pressure got to them.

Lets face it Portugual won 1 match in 90 minutes in the whole of Euro 2016.

Love the fact you mention Messi's tax dodging considering Ronaldo was just given a £16.4 Million fine and suspended sentence for Tax Evasion

I like how you ignore Ronaldo's charitable donations and work.

As much as I love Messi and Ronaldo, I just think people favour Messi because Ronaldo has an air of arrogance about him.
  • Options
    Hate is too strong as I have mates/family from all three but in order of beating them/seeing them struggle in all sporting contests:

1 Scotland
    2 Germany
    3 Australia

I am sure the feeling is mutual so no big deal.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Portugual

Take out Ronaldo and they would be lucky to get out of group.

Other top teams have players who can step up if the top guy is missing, portugual dont.

If Messi underperformes Aguero or Higuain step up.

If Neymar underperformes, Coutinho or Jesus will step up.

Porrugual are the embodyment of a 1 man team

There could also be another reason I hate Portugual @ForeverAddickted

Messi and Neymar always seem to under perform at international level IMO.

Do you hate Portugal because they have the best player in the world playing for them?

Also as for a one man team, I think you'll find Ronaldo went off injured in the last European cup final in just the 25th minute... They won it without him being on the pitch BTW.

His time on the touchlines he was passionate, supportive and everything I wish England would be...

Portugal still had to defend and obviously had to score in order to win!

Because I think you're attacking Ronaldo more than Portugal, Id like to Christophe LePoint out:

- Ronaldo is arrogant because he is that good.
    - Ronaldo is that good because he has worked hard to be that good.
    - Ronaldo worked that hard to be that good because he has the hunger and desire to win at both club and international level.
    - Ronaldo is also the most charitable footballer in the world. Messi doesn't even make the top 20, despite dodging taxes!

He loves everything about where he is in life. He loves to play for Portugal, he loves to help others and he proved himself to be streets ahead of his competition and made a bitch of the game in the UK.

Don't hate a nation (in a sporting sense) because they earn success through one player as it's always a team game. If the defence don't do their Job, Ronaldo can't rescue them every time. (Spain game aside)
    That's a spirited, accurate and well reasoned defence of Ronaldo.
    I'd still like to rearrange his face though :smile:
    Fair point well made.
  • Options
    Argentina for obvious reasons . Scotland , but not as much these days as they are so shit , and Spain .
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Yes the won the final without him but that was 1 match and more to do with France falling apart under pressure.
    Home Tournament
    Favourites to win

Love the fact you mention Messi's tax dodging considering Ronaldo was just given a £16.4 Million fine and suspended sentence for Tax Evasion

As much as I love Messi and Ronaldo, I just think people favour Messi because Ronaldo has an air of arrogance about him.
    Correct. Both could do a lot more good for people if they paid tax on the gazillions they earn.
  • Options
    Thin line between Argentina and Wales....dislike is an understatement. Not fond of Uruguay either.
  • Options
    Forgot Argentina on my original list. Last night's magic reminded me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel like this might be an unpopular opinion - England - I don't hate them, but I do like to see them get beaten.
    Germany too, horrible fans.
  • Options

I feel like this might be an unpopular opinion - England - I don't hate them, but I do like to see them get beaten.

Why is that ?
  • Options

You are spot on there. What nationality are you? Just so I can add your country to my list?
    It's on most of the lists: Ireland - upstart ne'er-do-wells.
  • Options

You are spot on there. What nationality are you? Just so I can add your country to my list?
    It's on most of the lists: Ireland - upstart ne'er-do-wells.
    Bugger. Had a really nice chat with a couple of Irish lads last night, both Manure "supporters" obviously, but one of them had Charlton as his second team (genuinely knew a lot about us). I feel a bit rotten on his behalf, but now the emerald isle has to go into Room 101 thanks to you, Spiced... :wink:
  • Options
    Liverpool
    Ireland
    Scotland
    Wales
    Argentina
    Brazil

Australia but don’t mind them at football
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Home Tournament
    Favourites to win

The arrogance bit I quite like in a player - but you have to be good enough to back it up, which Ronado clearly is.

I much prefer him to Messi (who I have never really liked).
  • Options
    As much as I try, I can't hate Scotland, even though I know the majority of em hate us.

• Options
    Argentina
    Scotland
    Wales
    Germany
    Turkey
    Panama
    Portugal