Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Talks - Weekly press conference updates

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    + Pompey who brought in James Vaughan & Bogle.

All our rivals did good business and we missed out. Again.
  • Options
    Lets see at the end of the season if it was good business done by the clubs.
  • Options
    shag my dick
  • Options

ross1 said:
    Busy ?

We lost two first team players, and signed a bloke who came 10 stops on the train at the last minute.

Sunderland and Luton were what you call BUSY, so prepare for play-off nonsense again.
    I would say 8 transfers was quite busy. That's almost 2 a week.
  • Options

And would you say that the net effect of that expended effort has improved the squad ?

• Options
    Sounds a bit tired and weary to me.

A win on Saturday can make all the difference.
    Best win then, Lee! :smile:
  • Options

No and I never implied it did, I just said it was BUSY.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it's safe to say that Lee can safely stick to the day job - and not worry about a career in motivational speaking!
  • Options
    edited February 2019

I can't see how anyone can predict a home win in this division when near on 30 goals has disappeared from the attack and the occasional goal scoring midfielder is injured for this game.

1-1 at best, Nabster with the goal from a set piece.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think that’s probably why Bowyer’s down (and we’re down). He came close to pulling off another successful window, or at least a better than expected one, only to be thwarted at the last minute.
  • Options
    clive said:

On aiming for promotion…

“If we want to get top two, we’ve got to win a minimum of 11 of the last 14. The last three, because of our situation with the strikers, it’s been tough and we’ve dropped points. In January we were only three points off second spot and we’ve let that slip but we’re still in amongst it, we’re still capable of going on a big run. I still believe that we can get the top two but it’s going to be hard. 

“We’ve got the players that can go and hurt teams, so I believe we are in with a shout for sure." 

On competition for places up front…

“Josh (Parker) came on at half-time (against Southend United on Saturday) and made a good impact. In training all this week, he’s realising what we want from him and how we want to use him. It’s competition (for places). There are two spots between three of them (strikers). The best two will get it.”

On player’s with expiring contracts…

“We’re working at the moment on trying to secure the younger lads – their contracts, because they are the future of the club. Then the further we get along the line, once we secure them, then we’ll start looking at some of the senior ones, seeing where they are with their contracts and if we want to extend them. Then mine will probably be last. I think the players for the club is more important than myself.”

On if he sees himself staying at Charlton longer than his current contract…

“I can’t see why not. I think I’ve done a good job. It’s been hard at times, especially this window just gone, it’s been difficult but I think I’ve earned another contract.” 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c655546883f3/bowyer-on-promotion-aims-competition-for-places-and-expiring-contracts
    Hope he gets the chance to stay. 
  • Options
    that last line, best valentines ever. lee bowyer stating he has no intentions if going anywhere. i hope those out of contract players stay with him
  • Options
    I think he will get the chance, it will be more a case of if it’s a chance he wants to take.
  • Options
    Typical Duchâtelet, doesn’t realise half the people still there are there because they want to play for/learn from bowyer (especially the midfield).

probably thinks Bowyer was a goalie or possibly doesn’t realise that he ever played football. 
  • Options
    clive said:

On aiming for promotion…

“If we want to get top two, we’ve got to win a minimum of 11 of the last 14. The last three, because of our situation with the strikers, it’s been tough and we’ve dropped points. In January we were only three points off second spot and we’ve let that slip but we’re still in amongst it, we’re still capable of going on a big run. I still believe that we can get the top two but it’s going to be hard. 

“We’ve got the players that can go and hurt teams, so I believe we are in with a shout for sure." 

“Josh (Parker) came on at half-time (against Southend United on Saturday) and made a good impact. In training all this week, he’s realising what we want from him and how we want to use him. It’s competition (for places). There are two spots between three of them (strikers). The best two will get it.”

“We’re working at the moment on trying to secure the younger lads – their contracts, because they are the future of the club. Then the further we get along the line, once we secure them, then we’ll start looking at some of the senior ones, seeing where they are with their contracts and if we want to extend them. Then mine will probably be last. I think the players for the club is more important than myself.”

“I can’t see why not. I think I’ve done a good job. It’s been hard at times, especially this window just gone, it’s been difficult but I think I’ve earned another contract.” 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c655546883f3/bowyer-on-promotion-aims-competition-for-places-and-expiring-contracts
    I hope Bowyer confirming he wants to stay quietens down the bedwetters :smile:

Strange, that there have been a substantial amount of people on here claiming Bowyer will "be off" at the end of the season and yet only 4 comments when he says he wants to stay.
  • Options
    To be a good manager.

You need the relevant playing experience and you need to be able to be an authority figure. A man that the players will look up to. 

Alex Ferguson. Tony Adams.

Them two....they kind of rubbish what I just said.

Tony Adams was a great footballer.

As a manager? Not so good.

Ferguson. The opposite.

I personally believe that our very own Lee Bowyer does have the potential for both of those boxes to be ticked.

He has played at the highest league level within the footballing capital of the world - England.

As a manager? Time will still tell....but considering his support via the authorities of upstairs ...he isn't doing too bad so far!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    To be a good manager.

You need the relevant playing experience and you need to be able to be an authority figure. A man that the players will look up to. 

Alex Ferguson. Tony Adams.

Them two....they kind of rubbish what I just said.

Tony Adams was a great footballer.

As a manager? Not so good.

Ferguson. The opposite.

I personally believe that our very own Lee Bowyer does have the potential for both of those boxes to be ticked.

He has played at the highest league level within the footballing capital of the world - England.

As a manager? Time will still tell....but considering his support via the authorities of upstairs ...he isn't doing too bad so far!!!
    zidane and pep
  • Options
    Typical Duchâtelet, doesn’t realise half the people still there are there because they want to play for/learn from bowyer (especially the midfield).

probably thinks Bowyer was a goalie or possibly doesn’t realise that he ever played football. 
    Think this is the key reason for the signings we have been able to make as almost all incoming players (loan or bought) have stated LB as a big reason for them coming. Our biggest asset at the moment is Bowyer by a stretch imo.
  • Options
    Best news this year that bowyer wants to stay.roland probably won’t give him a contract as his doing to good a job. 
  • Options
    Bowyer apparently had the news on Mason second hand from Gallen.  Had it been me, I'd have been straight on the blower to Douchebag for a rant about how he hadn't re-spent the budget freed up by Ajose, Grant and Clarke.  He might have then been able to add some more substance to the issue.  This could mean one of two things:-

1) RD has advised he is cutting the playing staff budget down even further next year, which is highly likely, and possibly more bad news that LB wants to keep under his hat.
    2) The fact that Mason hasn't signed for Plymouth might mean that LB is still trying to leverage a deal.
  • Options
    Or the take over is close with in next 48 er years 
  • Options
    So long as no one in the current first team leaves!
  • Options
    We look at the scenario where we don't get promoted and the club is not sold, which is pretty worrying but lets look at the scenario where Bowyer and the team gets us to the Championship against the odds. If the owner has not sold, Bowyer will have no shortage of suitors, and why would he be loyal to Douchebag. Then if he goes, all of our best players will go too. We could be looking at a record low points tally next term!
  • Options
    clive said:

On aiming for promotion…

I hope Bowyer confirming he wants to stay quietens down the bedwetters :smile:

Strange, that there have been a substantial amount of people on here claiming Bowyer will "be off" at the end of the season and yet only 4 comments when he says he wants to stay.
    Isn’t that because the latter is the status quo, so doesn’t require comment, and the other might be a disaster for the club, so is always going to attract comment.